Rogan: Vitor was supposed to be off TRT when NSAC tested him, but he wasn't

He did have a TUE from the Brazil commission and his doctor. If a fighter on TRT had to go out and get a TUE from every single commission in the US and world wide it would be next to impossible. You can't just stop TRT to see if someone needs a TUE because his levels will be down regardless because he was on TRT and it would take months to bounce back to your levels before TRT if you ever got back.

Really this is the commissions fault TRT is clearly something that is just over their head and they had no idea how to handle it that much is clear.

Oh ok I didn't know that he had permission from the Brazilian Commission. Did the NSAC just expect it to magically disappear from his system? Weird.

do you have insight here?

how would a testicular injury affect testosterone. say trauma or cancer cause a person to lose one, is their T suddenly low?

Unfortunately, I do. My post history will support this, but it was several years ago that I brought up on this forum that I had ruptured a testicle rolling at Gracie Barra.

It sneakily turned my life upside down as I believe the common result of this is that the other testicle will work "overtime" to compensate for the injured one - but in my case (and as I suspect some others) it did a very poor job and being in my early 20's it affected me greatly as I became uncharacteristically morose, mopey, tired, etc.

I spent several years that way under the advice of my then med-school fiance that there was no way this injury could affect my t-levels - but she was wrong (as was initially my urologist). After some hard years I had my t levels tested and after seeing the results was placed on meds to boost them.

The result is I felt normal again, and by comparison that meant I felt fan-fucking-tastic. However (and this is ONLY MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE) it's mind-numbingly painful to stop my prescription. It feels like someone is piercing my injured boy with a needle. It's debilitating, and that on top of the affect it has on my energy levels, mood, sex drive, etc.

So because of this I think this narrative that people are giving themselves about the "needs it/doesn't need it" dichotomy is BS. In all honesty could I live without it? Yes, but would life really be worth living? Absolutely not - unless of course my livelihood, and that of my family, depended on it, or I had a shot at a world title.

Edit: word change

Last edited:
Rogan talks a lot about PED in his radio show, I have a feeling that if he says all he knowsa lot of fighters will feel the heat.

If he really has a medical condition that requires it his career is over, nor should he be fighting in the first place.

If it turns out he can fight without it and doesn't need to take it then he becomes a liar who was hiding in Brazil so he could take steroids and he should be thrown out of the UFC anyways.

Take your pick.

Isn't this the same as Sonnen who said he'd die if he wasn't on TRT and that's why he absolutely had to be on it?And now he seems fine continuing fighting without it?

Every one of those guys:Hendo.Mir,Sonnen,Vitor etc only took it to obtain an advantage.Because if any one of them really needed it as a medical condition,they would have to retire now.

They basically set him out to fail knowing that he was still on testosterone

If he was still on testosterone when he ought not have been, then wasn't he setting himself up for failure?

If he really has a medical condition that requires it his career is over, nor should he be fighting in the first place.

If it turns out he can fight without it and doesn't need to take it then he becomes a liar who was hiding in Brazil so he could take steroids and he should be thrown out of the UFC anyways.

Take your pick.

Damn. Brutal.

Vitor's crap is finally catching up with him.

Oh ok I didn't know that he had permission from the Brazilian Commission. Did the NSAC just expect it to magically disappear from his system? Weird.

Yea thats why Joe said the commission was pretty ignorant on the subject. At first I thought Joe was the one being dumb but when I thought about it he was right. There was no way Vitor could legit prove he needed TRT. He was on it for way to long to ever really recover.

If he was still on testosterone when he ought not have been, then wasn't he setting himself up for failure?

If he'd been tested at their meeting like he was supposed to, I'd agree with you. But we instead know that he was tested while he was attending the MMA Awards.

NSAC and Vitor according to Joe had agreed to meet and do some testing. NSAC instead chose to test Vitor when they saw fit. We all knew he was on TRT and presumably Vitor was going to have to stop his treatment for a bit to prepare for this meeting, so when NSAC chose to test him at an earlier date, yes they set him up for failure.

Vitor's crap is finally catching up with him.

What to you mean? If you're willing to believe Joe, Dana, and Vitor, they've all come out and said that NSAC tested him while he was on TRT, which he had permission to from his doctors and the Brazillian Commission, and basically failed him as they had yet to issue him a TUE for it yet, despite the fact that everyone knew he was taking it.

Furthermore, if you accept what Joe says here, Vitor and NSAC were supposed to meet and test Vitor to see if he qualifies for a TUE, and instead we know that they surprised tested him at the MMA Awards instead. Vitor would have had to prepare for his meeting with NSAC to get his levels to their naturally low state, and instead NSAC tested him earlier and surprise surprise, found testosterone in his system.

If anybody's crap is finally catching up to them, it's NSAC.

What to you mean? If you're willing to believe Joe, Dana, and Vitor, they've all come out and said that NSAC tested him while he was on TRT, which he had permission to from his doctors and the Brazillian Commission, and basically failed him as they had yet to issue him a TUE for it yet, despite the fact that everyone knew he was taking it.

Furthermore, if you accept what Joe says here, Vitor and NSAC were supposed to meet and test Vitor to see if he qualifies for a TUE, and instead we know that they surprised tested him at the MMA Awards instead. Vitor would have had to prepare for his meeting with NSAC to get his levels to their naturally low state, and instead NSAC tested him earlier and surprise surprise, found testosterone in his system.

If anybody's crap is finally catching up to them, it's NSAC.

Ok.

Cool sig by the way.

Not a single word of that made any sense at all.

The NSAC had not even banned TRT when Vitor was being tested. There is absolutely no reason he should have been "off" TRT at that point.

The entire subject has been purposely trivialized by a number of people in the UFC.

I can't wait to find out what actually happened.

Sonnen didn't even remember to tell anyone he was on it til he tested several times normal.

Actually he listed it on his medicals, and also went directly to the director of the CSAC and told him. He even had Dodd sign a form showing he has aware.

More importantly, he's never tested above normal.

Not a single word of that made any sense at all.

The NSAC had not even banned TRT when Vitor was being tested. There is absolutely no reason he should have been "off" TRT at that point.

The entire subject has been purposely trivialized by a number of people in the UFC.

I can't wait to find out what actually happened.

I think that's the point though.

Vitor was supposed to meet with NSAC and be tested by them at a certain point to discuss whether or not he qualifies for a TUE according to Rogan. Now you'd assume if you're trying to figure out if someone's got low T, and they're on TRT to boost that, you'd want to test them when they're off TRT to see what they naturally are. Thats what the meeting was for, so that Vitor could prepare and stop his TRT to show them his natural levels. But NSAC instead randomly tested Vitor when he was at the MMA Awards and based their decision off of that.

I think that's the point though.

Vitor was supposed to meet with NSAC and be tested by them at a certain point to discuss whether or not he qualifies for a TUE. Now you'd assume if you're trying to figure out if someone's got low T, and they're on TRT to boost that, you'd want to test them when they're off TRT to see what they naturally are. Thats what the meeting was for, so that Vitor could prepare and stop his TRT to show them his natural levels. But NSAC instead randomly tested Vitor when he was at the MMA Awards and based their decision off of that.

If that were actually true, that would be one thing.

Something tells me it's not, because, well, that makes literally no sense.

We will find out though.

You're absolutely right, I mean is not like he has a family to support and bills to pay, I forgot that fighters who've devoted their entire adult lives to fighting can all of the sudden retire with no repercussions whatsoever.

what the fuck lol. Chuck has bills to pay too, SO LETS LET THE MAN FIGHT. JUST BLEED!!!!!!

If that were actually true, that would be one thing.

Something tells me it's not, because, well, that makes literally no sense.

We will find out though.

June 17th should clear everything up at least

Was I wrong about my assessment in some way?

Hea when you called testosterone steroids or when you said he shouldnt be fighting if he has a condition that causes it. So yes to answer your question your wrong in every way study up before you talk shit

It's called you're freaking dumb, if this was true there would be no paralimpics.

Yes he might have a plan when he retires, not when he had a health issue that he can continue competing.

"Health issue" LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back