Rogan: Vitor was supposed to be off TRT when NSAC tested him, but he wasn't

The part that really confuses me is why people who need TRT for health reasons to be normal always test for several times normal amounts of testosterone.

I'm not an expert, but I suspect for a person receiving synthetic test, their levels are above normal immediately following the injection and decrease to something below normal over time. Since they're tested immediately before the fight, their injections will be staged and monitored to put them within normal limits the night of the fight.

I would guess the problem is that maintaining normal limits all the time (e.g. to be compliant during random testing) requires frequent injections and monitoring with small doses to keep them inside a relatively tight range of "normal."

Could be totally wrong tho.

If he really has a medical condition that requires it his career is over, nor should he be fighting in the first place.

If it turns out he can fight without it and doesn't need to take it then he becomes a liar who was hiding in Brazil so he could take steroids and he should be thrown out of the UFC anyways.

Take your pick.

How is he hiding in Brazil? Even if he was "hiding" and wanted to fight in the UFC, he'd still get tested. The reason he has fought so much in Brazil is simple, he puts asses in seats!

But yes, Joe is right.

Poor Vitor lost his will to cheat effectively. Mental KO. :icon_lol:

How is he hiding in Brazil? Even if he was "hiding" and wanted to fight in the UFC, he'd still get tested. The reason he has fought so much in Brazil is simple, he puts asses in seats!

But yes, Joe is right.

Common sense would tell you that he wouldn't of been cleared to fight in the US.

If he really has a medical condition that requires it his career is over, nor should he be fighting in the first place.

If it turns out he can fight without it and doesn't need to take it then he becomes a liar who was hiding in Brazil so he could take steroids and he should be thrown out of the UFC anyways.

Take your pick.

my thoughts exactly

what i don't understand is, why are people such haters about trt.... Look, im not saying cheating is ok(i dont consider TRT cheating) but if its better for the older fighters/fighters that need it then why not?

If TRT helps fighters recover from injury's, if it helps them fight longer then why not, its not like vitor wasn't good b4 TRT rofl, he was great, same with all these fighters, TRT does not punch for you, does not defend submissions(jon jones fight).

If he gets monitored and checked before and after every fight and his lvls are fine then why not? I want to see these guys fight more, look at this shit now, vitor hasn't fought in forever.... We are missing out on fights because of some silly crap, i never had a problem with it, with that said dont get me confused, i dont got a problem with it gone, but i really hate all this trashing about TRT for guys that get it medically aproved.

How is it the NSAC fault that Vitor's body can't function without synthetic testosterone?

Chael never tested several times more than normal. His T/E ratio means nothing

Confused again. If his T/E ratio means nothing, why did he say it was caused by TRT?

How is it the NSAC fault that Vitor's body can't function without synthetic testosterone?

Rogan says Vitor and NSAC were supposed to have a scheduled meeting to test him and see his levels and whether or not he qualifies for a TUE. We know that they instead blindsided him at the MMA Awards and tested him then. Rogan's just saying the whole fiasco is their fault as they knew he was on it and tested him anyways at a different time then they were supposed to and then got mad when they found what was already known to be in his system. It can't be Vitor's fault that he was still on TRT when he got tested by NSAC when he wasn't supposed to be tested yet.

If only doctors had as much time to waste as us and could spend their days engaging in discussions on mma forums, then we'd have some answers.

Rogan says Vitor and NSAC were supposed to have a scheduled meeting to test him and see his levels and whether or not he qualifies for a TUE. We know that they instead blindsided him at the MMA Awards and tested him then. Rogan's just saying the whole fiasco is their fault as they knew he was on it and tested him anyways at a different time then they were supposed to and then got mad when they found what was already known to be in his system. It can't be Vitor's fault that he was still on TRT when he got tested by NSAC when he wasn't supposed to be tested yet.

My stance is, if he didn't have a TUE he shouldn't have been on TRT in the first place. I'm sure he was leveling down to get his system to normal levels which I would assume would be low T, to show them that he needs it, but if he didn't have the TUE he technically pissed hot.

Confused again. If his T/E ratio means nothing, why did he say it was caused by TRT?
Long story short:
People who use TRT fuck up their T:E ratio to a point where you can't use it as a reference to check if their levels are in the normal range or not.
So you have to directly measure their T levels rather than their ratio.
That's why the commissions had a special protocol for testing TRT users.

Chael had a 16.9/1 T:E ratio. How much testosterone that is, no-one has a fucking clue. Because he didn't file his paperwork in time and ended up getting the wrong test.

It means nothing in indicating abuse of testosterone for TRT users as your T/E ratio just indicates the presence of synthetic testosterone as it's naturally impossible to have a ratio of over 6:1. For people on TRT, we already know that they're taking testosterone so it's a useless test as it doesn't tell us how much synthetic testosterone is actually in their body which is the important part. Everybody taking TRT will have an elevated ratio. This is because your T levels and you E levels are linked. If you raise your T levels but not your E levels, you're going to get a skewed ratio. TRT only raises your T levels, which will then cause you to have a large T/E ratio.

Now while everyone on TRT will have an elevated ratio, it becomes much more important for people who legitimately have low testosterone. The amount of testosterone and epitestosterone you have in your body is linked, hence the T/E ratio. But if you have low T, then that must also mean you have low E. So if you raised your testosterone levels to normal, then they will suddenly look massive compared to your still low levels of epitestosterone, thereby causing you to fail a T/E test. So when Chael took TRT it caused him to have an elevated T/E ratio and because the commission did not know that they needed to blood test him because of his TRT, it caused him to fail the T/E ratio test, despite the fact that his actual testosterone levels could have been perfectly fine.

I'm just glad he's off the TRT. It was sabotaging his aura - anything he won people just attributed to the TRT. Now if/when he wins he'll be given credit for it.

Long story short:
People who use TRT fuck up their T:E ratio to a point where you can't use it as a reference to check if their levels are in the normal range or not.
So you have to directly measure their T levels rather than their ratio.
That's why the commissions had a special protocol for testing TRT users.

Chael had a 16.9/1 T:E ratio. How much testosterone that is, no-one has a fucking clue. Because he didn't file his paperwork in time and ended up getting the wrong test.

Either that or he wasn't actually on TRT until he needed an excuse for testing way above the accepted levels. I consider that entirely possible.

My stance is, if he didn't have a TUE he shouldn't have been on TRT in the first place. I'm sure he was leveling down to get his system to normal levels which I would assume would be low T, to show them that he needs it, but if he didn't have the TUE he technically pissed hot.

He did have a TUE from the Brazil commission and his doctor. If a fighter on TRT had to go out and get a TUE from every single commission in the US and world wide it would be next to impossible. You can't just stop TRT to see if someone needs a TUE because his levels will be down regardless because he was on TRT and it would take months to bounce back to your levels before TRT if you ever got back.

Really this is the commissions fault TRT is clearly something that is just over their head and they had no idea how to handle it that much is clear.

Back