Rogan: Vitor was supposed to be off TRT when NSAC tested him, but he wasn't

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by markg171, Jun 5, 2014.

1. markg171

markg171 Silver Belt

http://www.sbnation.com/longform/2014/6/5/5762052/joe-rogan-interview-mma-ufc

Very interesting that Rogan says that Vitor and NSAC were supposed to have a meeting where they would test him, but we know that they instead chose to random test him at the MMA Awards. They basically set him out to fail knowing that he was still on testosterone

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  2. servel20

servel20 Brown Belt

3. spid3yo

spid3yo Guest

If he really has a medical condition that requires it his career is over, nor should he be fighting in the first place.

If it turns out he can fight without it and doesn't need to take it then he becomes a liar who was hiding in Brazil so he could take steroids and he should be thrown out of the UFC anyways.

Take your pick.

4. method115

method115 Titanium Belt

I agree. If someone is on TRT and decides to get off so they can prove it's necessary it could take months for there levels to return to normal (if ever). Someone like Vitor who has been on it so long probably wont return back to whatever his levels were for a long time.

So basically the test to prove he needed TRT would be useless at this point. This is something they need to do right when a fighter request it. Even then I can can just do a cycle and then line it up so he's tested after his cycle is done and his levels will be really low at that point.

5. AkaiJiisu

AkaiJiisu Green Belt

Honest question: have you ever dealt with T issues or a testicular injury?

6. elzar

elzar Red Belt

do you have insight here?

how would a testicular injury affect testosterone. say trauma or cancer cause a person to lose one, is their T suddenly low?

7. daprodigal2

daprodigal2 Green Belt

i like how rogan is back tracking now. he first says all this bad stuff about vitor, and now he's placing blame on NSAC.

classic rogan!

8. spid3yo

spid3yo Guest

Was I wrong about my assessment in some way?

9. countswagula

countswagula Gold Belt

This really sheds a whole other light on this whole situation

10. servel20

servel20 Brown Belt

You're absolutely right, I mean is not like he has a family to support and bills to pay, I forgot that fighters who've devoted their entire adult lives to fighting can all of the sudden retire with no repercussions whatsoever.

11. markg171

markg171 Silver Belt

What are you talking about? Rogan never said anything bad.

If people actually read what Rogan had said before, all he said was that NSAC tested him and found he was on testosterone. And we all knew he was on testosterone.

12. surgeyou1

surgeyou1 Welcome to the Machida Era...Part Deux

Lol since when did everyone get their doctorates in the endocrinology? Most posters here have done about like 5 minutes research and act like they understand perfectly how testosterone usage should work for a 37 year old cage fighter.

13. KNM

KNM Orange Belt

It's hard to say whos right or wrong without all the information.

14. Free_MMAson

Free_MMAson Banned Banned

Ehrlyerstairoydabusitis is a legitimate disease

15. spid3yo

spid3yo Guest

It's called life isn't fair. If he has no plan to fall back on for once he's done fighting that's entirely his own problem.

16. servel20

servel20 Brown Belt

It's called you're freaking dumb, if this was true there would be no paralimpics.

Yes he might have a plan when he retires, not when he had a health issue that he can continue competing.

17. delrey

delrey Blue Belt

lol MMA is not his hobby, its his job. Kids dont ask Do you have, they say Give me

18. spid3yo

spid3yo Guest

Sure I'm the dumb one but you don't understand why a health issue would force somebody to retire :rolleyes:

19. infamouz ice

infamouz ice Brown Belt

I am glad joe came out with this...vitor had a medical TRT exemption, he didn't apply for a license for NAC yet, this whole random test is BS if it is really for TRT... and they supposedly banned TRT because of it...when Chael was on TRT for the silva fight they didn't make it such a big deal...he fought without having a TRT exemption and it was brushed under the rug compared to vitor

20. kurtwpg

kurtwpg Silver Belt

+1

My first thought is that current test should be informational, something to compare to and make sure levels progressively go down.