Rogan: Vitor was supposed to be off TRT when NSAC tested him, but he wasn't

Sure I'm the dumb one but you don't understand why a health issue would force somebody to retire :rolleyes:

If he found out that he has Wolf heart syndrome then yes he has to retire since he could die in the cage.

But lack of Testosterone just makes you absolutely miserable

It's called you're freaking dumb, if this was true there would be no paralimpics.

Yes he might have a plan when he retires, not when he had a health issue that he can continue competing.

That makes no sense. Like waiting until 60 to set up a retirement account.

It's called life isn't fair. If he has no plan to fall back on for once he's done fighting that's entirely his own problem.

Vitor is certainly one of the top 1% most well paid MMA fighters, with some of the highest profile sponsors too. He's Sky's poster boy in Brazil along with Gisele B

Last edited:
You're absolutely right, I mean is not like he has a family to support and bills to pay, I forgot that fighters who've devoted their entire adult lives to fighting can all of the sudden retire with no repercussions whatsoever.

was-that-sarcasm.jpg

Lots of doctors itt rofl

What's interesting is that it also sounds like Joe is saying that Vitor was supposed to have an officially scheduled test and meeting with NSAC to determine if he was eligible for a TUE, and instead they ambushed him when he was at the MMA Awards.

If Vitor was expecting to be tested on a certain date and was expecting to have his levels back to his natural low levels on that date to meet what they were asking of him and instead they tested him on a different date, then of course testosterone would still be in his system. Seems like NSAC acted extra shady if Joe's to be believed.

The part that really confuses me is why people who need TRT for health reasons to be normal always test for several times normal amounts of testosterone.

i like how rogan is back tracking now. he first says all this bad stuff about vitor, and now he's placing blame on NSAC.

classic rogan!

When Randy fought years ago, Joe said he wants to see :the Natural" and other fighters on the most potent drugs science can produce.

People hate on him because he's a proven cheater who found legal loopholes to continue cheating.

no, people hate him because they envy him...

the guy got caught with a very mild banned stance, not a known juice (was in legal and in supplements just the year before he was caught)

and that shit happened to him in 2006 when he was likely still going through the mental issues of his sisters kidnapping..

here is a list of guys that have been popped.

http://www.cagepotato.com/mma-steroid-busts-definitive-timeline/

there are a lot more recent guys you can focus your hate on, but everyone is busy hating on vitor because he is winning and is a stud...

The part that really confuses me is why people who need TRT for health reasons to be normal always test for several times normal amounts of testosterone.

The only people who have tested for several times normal amounts are Rothwell and Bigfoot

You're absolutely right, I mean is not like he has a family to support and bills to pay, I forgot that fighters who've devoted their entire adult lives to fighting can all of the sudden retire with no repercussions whatsoever.

He's been in the sport for like 2 decades, most guys would be retired by this time anyway. He's a big name and could easily start a gym and coach guys or give seminars. I don't think Vitor is living check to check.

Was I wrong about my assessment in some way?

Well you are basically saying there's only 2 possibilities when that's just clearly not the case.

I'd say it's all largely unknown even for Vitor. I wouldn't want to be in his spot right now. It's an aweful lot to expect of someone to come off TRT for years and go straight back to training with nothing. Maybe his time is up but it's unfair to pin everything on TRT here.

His first fight back he's going to look the worst, so Chael's got that going for him in this fight. If there's ever been a time to fight Vitor you gotta think it's right now.

The only people who have tested for several times normal amounts are Rothwell and Bigfoot

Sonnen didn't even remember to tell anyone he was on it til he tested several times normal.

Lol since when did everyone get their doctorates in the endocrinology? Most posters here have done about like 5 minutes research and act like they understand perfectly how testosterone usage should work for a 37 year old cage fighter.

It would be amazing how disappointed in the results the TRT critics would find from using therapeutic doses of testosterone.

Sonnen didn't even remember to tell anyone he was on it til he tested several times normal.

Chael never tested several times more than normal. His T/E ratio means nothing

When Randy fought years ago, Joe said he wants to see :the Natural" and other fighters on the most potent drugs science can produce.

Hate to say it but I do too. I'm one of those people who really doesn't care too much about steroids. I understand why we have them banned but I personally don't have an issue with people using them, so long as everyone can use them.

Personally I don't see TRT as a "performance enhancer" in the strictest terms. If your levels are monitored throughout training and before and after the fight, I'd say you're likely cleaner than most guys fighting right now. TRT is pretty much the last thing you'd expect someone to reach for if they wanted an unfair performance boost. If you aren't taking TRT you're held to lower testing standards, you could still cycle off a substance and test clean for your fight... if you use TRT you're going to get tested rigorously throughout the same time frame.

Back