Rogan says Ngannou is perfect speciesman for HW. How could he be physically better?

I think lot of aspects of him are overrated, including his power, but honestly his build is phenomenal... height, reach, he's not clumsy, move fluid and he's strong af with vey good power

He’s effective, but I wouldn’t necessarily call him fluid.

uNwKTvn.gif

Rogan's fetish for muscled up black guys is only out done by his kicks to the legs fetish

So, there's your answer, he should throw more leg kicks

@blaseblah

Brock isnt stipe, he is a ncaa div 1 wrestling champ and much bigger and stronger with far longer reach and faster.

He’s not a big HW.

stipe is the definition of a small HW. Like 235-245, slightly too big for LHW but not ever going to threaten the 265 limit

What are big HW for you'll folks, then ? Fatass like Lewis ?

Stipe is a lean at 235-245. He'd have to cut one leg to fight under the HW division. Guys like Stipe, Francis, Arlovski or even Blaydes are reals natural HW and not some fat dudes just to lazy to cut weight.

Here lil' Stipe next to Bader who's clearly not a small dude : DeiTybuX4AAbovb.jpg

Small HW are dudes like Jones who's desperatly trying to bulk up but who only managed to looks chubby.

Technique is part of athleticism. His isn't great. That doesn't mean everything is bad. He is quite fast for his size, for instance
I may be wrong, but technique is not part of athleticism for how i see it

Athleticism is the raw body potential in terms of speed, strenght, explosivity, stamina etc etc

Technique are the artificial movements we teach our body to do, including timing, precision etc

The two things combined (plus the psychologic side) make the performance of the fighter

I agree his technique is'nt great, but his athelticism is formidable for MMA HW standards

@Stagliano

Did you miss the hunt fight or something? he took shots from hunt and didnt even flinch.

Some peoples will probably disagree but for me Francis hit harder than Hunt, plus Francis is faster and very explosive. If he fight with the same patience than against Stipe for the second fight, Brock could be there for a very hard night.

I don't think i mentioned any technical part of his game

Could never be proven beyond sherdog theory game, but i honestly think some past HWs in their prime would have owned him

But if we talk about being physical gifted him and Lesnar are the two monsters on the top, i don't consider neither top 3 ever material though

what about Carwin? he's like a mixture of Brock and Ngannou.

@Stagliano

Same could be said for Brock, if he fights smart like he did against hunt he will eventually take down ngannou who has zero wrestling and completely manhandle him on the ground. Dont forget that Brock has the same reach as tim sylvia so it will be very hard for ngannou to land big shots without getting taken down, you saw how hesitant hunt was and he couldnt do anything against Brock.

Lol you have no clue what you’re talking about, Brock is 10x the Athlete a sloppy windmiller like Ngannou is. Brock was a freak even by NFL standards.

Ngannou just happens to compete during the worst generation of HW’s in the sports history. Imagine Curtis Blaydes being the “gold standard” of grappling during your era LOL

<36>
You're right Curtis blaydes isn't special but he would still kick Brock's ass any day, HW sucks today but it was worse before.

What are big HW for you'll folks, then ? Fatass like Lewis ?

Stipe is a lean at 235-245. He'd have to cut one leg to fight under the HW division. Guys like Stipe, Francis, Arlovski or even Blaydes are reals natural HW and not some fat dudes just to lazy to cut weight.

Here lil' Stipe next to Bader who's clearly not a small dude : View attachment 871971

Small HW are dudes like Jones who's desperatly trying to bulk up but who only managed to looks chubby.

What? What does posting a pic of him next to a fighter from a weight division 60 lbs less than his suppose to prove? lol

I guess you could say he's average sized? He isn't cutting to 265 is the point. Guys that cut to 265 is what I think most of us would refer to as "big" HW's and guys who fall 20 lbs or more under the limit are "small" since there can be a 20-40 lb weight difference on fight night

Brock should come back and take the title from Ngannou, it will be like the hunt fight.
Brock wouldn't be able to take the fight to the ground unless Ngannou gasses, his best strategy would be to wall and stall, while brock is and was strong with great top control, his grappling and ability to get the fight to the ground were out done by other HWs, most notably Cain. Brock would probably crumble worse than he did against Overeem before ever gaining the endurance advantage he'd need to squeak a decision.

Joe thinks everyone from Africa is the perfect physical specimen because Joe is an idiot.

@Reileyb

Nah, the reason brock lost to cain is because he rushed it and gassed himself out, he also took down cain 2 times and the first time he rushed it, he underestimated cain and paid the price, if he was calm like he was in the randy fight i believe he would have beaten cain. He still had the illness so that probably made him weaker too.

About ngannou i think he would take him down, i dont think ngannou would be able to stop his takedown, specially if he went for those wild punches and lost his balance which he would have to do if he wanted to knock out brock. I see it as an easy win for brock.

stipe is the definition of a small HW. Like 235-245, slightly too big for LHW but not ever going to threaten the 265 limit

No he has a big frame, big reach 80 inches, is 6"4. 235ish to 245lbs. Him in the mid 230s is him without as much msucle mass which is a mistake. His peak form is 246 which he was in thr 1st Ngannou fight. If he roided he could be in 250s and more explosive

Back