Rogan says Ngannou is perfect speciesman for HW. How could he be physically better?

Build wise he's about as great you can be within the 265 limit

I think lot of aspects of him are overrated, including his power, but honestly his build is phenomenal... height, reach, he's not clumsy, move fluid and he's strong af with vey good power

Actually he does have glaring defensive weaknesses...

Bea Malecki is perfect. Ready to see her fight some chick a foot shorter.

He says Ngannous is a natural 265lber cutting a little or no weight to make 265lbs, is mostly muscle. Important note Francis did weigh in the high 250s before as I recall

Anyone know what is the lightest Francis ever weighed?

Id say be 6"6, with 86 inch reach. Francis could be taller, 6"4 is still in the range of average for a HW

Rogan(Danny) is the twin to Francis(Arnold).........if Francis is the best speciesman...we know how we got Rogan

I don't think i mentioned any technical part of his game

Could never be proven beyond sherdog theory game, but i honestly think some past HWs in their prime would have owned him

But if we talk about being physical gifted him and Lesnar are the two monsters on the top, i don't consider neither top 3 ever material though

Not gassing 2 rounds into a fight would be pretty perfect.

The era of small HW is over. And DC is the exception not the normal

Brock was never an elite fighter. He would get wrecked

Like it or not, beating Mir (#3), Couture (#3) and Carwin (#5) made him elite. His 2 title defenses tie him with Cain, Sylvia, Couture... and is only one off of Stipe. He was also ranked #1 in the world at HW after Fedor lost to Fabricio. That says more about the era than anything, but like I said... can't rewrite history.

I don't think i mentioned any technical part of his game

Could never be proven beyond sherdog theory game, but i honestly think some past HWs in their prime would have owned him

But if we talk about being physical gifted him and Lesnar are the two monsters on the top, i don't consider neither top 3 ever material though

Technique is part of athleticism. His isn't great. That doesn't mean everything is bad. He is quite fast for his size, for instance

Gane is 6"5, with slightly smaller reach (81 inch vs 83.5 of Ngannou) and weighs 20lbs less he weighs what 245lbs to 249lbs?
The HW GOATS have typically been smaller for the weight class. Ie Cane, Fedor, DC and Stipe.

How so?
As far as I know, he is the fighter who takes the least sig strikes per fight in UFC history.
Never been finished, knocked down, injured or cut.

His effective defense might be the best of all time when you consider the ratio of damage inflicted per damage received.

LHW Jones has the perfect build for MMA. Francis is too jacked. It does give him great power, but in order to dominate for years in this sport, you have to have great cardio like Jones, GSP, Anderson, Fedor, Aldo, Khabib etc. You typically can't have cardio like that with mountains of muscle like Francis, Brock, Carwin etc. There are some freaks with somewhat decent cardio that are jacked like Reem or Jeff Monson, but they're uncommon.

I would say the perfect build for an MMA heavyweight is about a 265lb version of LHW Jones.
NBA player Dwight Howard comes to mind at 6'10" 265lbs

@Oceanmachine

You are saying cain, carwin, mir, couture, nog era is "weak" and a one dimensional fighter like ngannou who has never heard of bjj and wrestling is "elite", you are a good comedian.
That's not an accurate assessment at all. Francis actually has good takedown defense. He fought Stipe like an idiot and paid the price the first fight. He fought smart and knocked him out the second fight after he negated Stipe's wrestling. He also has submission victories on his record. He's a boxer first, but he is capable of wrestling and chooses not to because of his striking advantage.

@Genisys

He has improved his takedown defence yes but that doesnt mean he isnt one dimensional because he is, he looked like a fish out of water on the ground so if he cant stop a takedown thats how he will look again most likely. My point is that that brock hater claimed brocks era was "weak" yet he doesnt say anything about ngannou.

@Genisys

He has improved his takedown defence yes but that doesnt mean he isnt one dimensional because he is, he looked like a fish out of water on the ground so if he cant stop a takedown thats how he will look again most likely. My point is that that brock hater claimed brocks era was "weak" yet he doesnt say anything about ngannou.
He didn't look like a fish out of water his last fight. He beat the shit out of Stipe everywhere. That first Stipe fight was years ago and he has improved a lot since then. He's one dimensional because it works. There's no need to do anything else if he's knocking everyone out. All he has to do is stuff the takedown and he can beat anyone at heavyweight as long as he trains like he has been the past couple of years. He hasn't even reached his peak yet. I still think Gane is going to beat him though. Francis is powerful, but Gane is faster.

Being tall is not as much of an advantage outside of the clinch.

His build is insane, the only thing i'd change is lose some (muscle) mass.

He'd still have insane power, but he'd be slightly faster and have more cardio.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back