• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rogan: "Rondas movie career is what did her in"

Kickboxing is dead
That sucks for a guy like Rico. He's 6'5" 263 lbs, ripped. Huge guy. Looks skilled. Could probably do well in any kickboxing era. But because of the era that he's in, no one, not history, will take him seriously.

You make the whole thing too simple.
Ronda style of takedown rely heavily on the clinch because is based on judo, but holly studied very well how to neutralize the typical grab of ronda and ronda changed nothing, she just tried the same move again and again, obviously failing.

Her knees are fucked from judo

Her knees are fucked from judo
I don't think this is really important, she just wasn't the same ronda that beat cat zingano in 20 seconds in a spectacular way, people here thinking she was just hype is ridicolous.

Her facing crossfit fighters and soccer moms then fighting good athletic competition like Holly and Manda was the difference

Mcmann was the only talented athlete she fought before those 2

There are some who make the transition from elite grappling to MMA striking well, others that don't. I think we all know which category Ronda fits in.
I don’t know if we really do, because she never worked with an elite striking coach. Her striking improved under Edmond, but he’s not Cordeiro or Winkeljohn. Ronda is one of the greatest WMMA fighters we’ve seen. Whether she could’ve integrated striking more fluidly or technically will never be known, because she didn’t have a camp where she could truly learn it.

So Tyson would suck if he had him? Personal resonsibility.

I'm glad you brought up Tyson.

When Rousey first started in MMA she still displayed good sportsmanship that was probably a carry over from being an Olympian and her coaching in a different sport.

Tyson's character was being molded and shaped from troubled kid to world champion thanks to Cus D'Amato's influence. After D'Amato died and Tyson left the camp, his life unraveled without the steady influence. Getting KO'd by a 20-1 underdog in Buster Douglas when Tyson was 23 ....He was never the same fighter after that.

Rousey, like Tyson, could not handle adversity well. Coaching isn't just having someone hold the mitts and tell you that your'e doing a good job. There's so much more to it.

Ronda went from grappler based strategy to striker with Edmond. How would Ronda know if someone was a good striking coach if she didn't know what to look for in a striking coach? Ronda had some misguided loyalty and really should have listened to her mother, who was dialed in on what sort of character Edmond had and saw the red flags that Ronda didn't.

The UFC PR machine didn't help matters by getting her on the cover of Ring magazine. Who wouldn't think they were a good strike after that?

Personally I always thought the UFC were trying to set her up for an eventual loss because she was getting way too big and the UFC prefers to have a bunch of interchangeable heads that they can pay all about the same.

Eddie did her in

{<RR}{<RR}{<RR}
This more than anything. Edmond was and is a Muppet, he had nothing to offer Ronda in her biggest moment of adversity. All he could do was scream No and Heab Moobment until he lost his voice.

Ronda was physically and mentally broken because her coach fed into her hype all the time. Perhaps she could've bounced back with another coach and a return fight against someone other than Nunes but clearly none of these things happened

I present you... Joe Hogan:

“Dana, when you get a chance to watch Ronda Rousey fight, it’s not just a fight at this point. It’s a cultural spectacle.”

“It doesn’t just seem like a fight. It seems like some sort of historical event that you have the privilege of watching live.”

“She’s such a unique athlete. And such a unique person.”

“She’s almost like a mythical *stumbles over his words*… A mythical human at this point.”

“[Bethe] is fighting a woman who transcends sport. She’s fighting a woman who is a hero.”

“Wow. Woah. Crazy. Oh my goodness. Wow. Wow.”

“She’s a cultural icon.”

“She is just spectacular.”

“She just keeps getting better. She’s terrifying!”

“There’s something staggering about that woman. I really do feel like she’s just some incredible, historical figure.”

“She’s not a once in a lifetime, she’s once EVER.”

“Unbelievable. Just unbelievable.”

“To be able to call her fights is an honor. I don’t use that word lightly at all. It is a real honor.”

“It’s an honor to call your fights. It really is. You’re the best ever, you’re just *stutters like the first time you asked a girl on a date* a.. a… a once in a lifetime human being.”

“It’s like watching some unbelievable historical figure that’s never existed before.”

“Man, I’m blown away tonight.”

“I just want to tell you I’m just beyond honored to call this fight.”

“Ronda Rousey is on another level. I mean, another level from where she was before, and THAT was another level.”

“The best ever, ladies and gentlemen.”

“She’s just something so undeniably special. I’m just humbled, man. I’m humble.”

“This is something you’re going to get a chance to tell your children about. To tell your grandchildren about.”

“She is better than she ever was before, and she was already the best.”

“When people tell you ‘Hey I was there when Muhammad Ali fought Sonny Liston’, ‘I got to see Mike Tyson beat Trevor Burbick’, that’s what I feel like when I watch her fight.”

This more than anything. Edmond was and is a Muppet, he had nothing to offer Ronda in her biggest moment of adversity. All he could do was scream No and Heab Moobment until he lost his voice.

Ronda was physically and mentally broken because her coach fed into her hype all the time. Perhaps she could've bounced back with another coach and a return fight against someone other than Nunes but clearly none of these things happened
You are right. Anyway i think that something wrong happened to ronda already before the holly fight, she wasn't the same even in her phisical aspect, but mentally too.

I don’t know if we really do, because she never worked with an elite striking coach. Her striking improved under Edmond, but he’s not Cordeiro or Winkeljohn. Ronda is one of the greatest WMMA fighters we’ve seen. Whether she could’ve integrated striking more fluidly or technically will never be known, because she didn’t have a camp where she could truly learn it.

Mo_h79.gif

TatteredBronzeKitfox.gif

Ronda's attack is bizarre, she can't punch properly.

Round is white belt in the striker category.

dodge 0 too, she dominates an amateur female MMA with note 3 female fighters.

Ronda has an Olympic judo and that's it, he's a horrible Striker.

source.gif

Reality: Ronda got in WMMA early and beat a lot of soccer moms with no ground game, she holds zero wins over any woman in the top 5 of any division right now.

Fedor and Georges suck. They have no wins over anyone in the top 5.

Anyone notice that since DJ leaved joe never mentioned his name again? And before that he was just the goat. Joe is just the hired UFC guy to the hype job, that's the only reason wme keeps him in contract.

People need to stop taking joe serious, coherence is not a substantial thing for him.

Her hype train did her in. If everyone around her didn't think of her as a goddess at fighting, she might have expanded her skillset. She didn't.

Ahhhh, mythical ronda's "movie career". You mean two movies where she played small episodic roles? Lmao some people in mma sphere are indeed ignorant morons.

It's funny because she was still winning long after she finished shooting furious 7. It premiered in april 2015, in august ronda smashed bethe.

To hell with Joe Rogan, for forcing Brendan Schaub's "comedy" upon humanity!!
:mad:

Give it up for Joe Rogan, the new Minister Of Propaganda for the UFC!!
:mad:

One of the worst champions, most mentally weak, most one dimensional, worst loser crybaby the sport has ever seen. Her spectacular losses and subsequent weight gains combined with Rogans tears were some of the best moments ever. It was a magical time to be a fan of the sport.

It's kind of interesting how her mainstream persona is that she's a tough girl badass when she was exposed as such a snivelling weakling who fell for her own hype as hard as the casuals did.

She was as shit in movies as she was in the cage. Luckily pro wrestling is used to overacting as pro wrestling fans are retarded. The WWE is 70% soap opera and 30% fake fights, the fuckwits that watch it have low expectations. It's the perfect platform for her.

This fucking dude is still in denial about this girl. She trained in isolation for the Amanda Nunes fight and was even granted no interviews request by Dana.

Why is it so hard to get into his bald head that she was all hype?

42:13

You sound very emotional about the matter. She been retired for several years now

Its pretty viable and Rogan intimately knows about entertainment and fighting

Rampage said the worst thing he did for his fighting career was shoot A-Team. Its a massive endeavour and distraction from fighting

Back