• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rogan: "Rondas movie career is what did her in"

Don’t know how people on here still respect him

A man who’s opinion belongs to the highest bidder is a man without an opinion

She was undefeated champion for how long? Definitely doesn't classify as hype no matter how unlikable she was.

Calling a lifelong fighter who beats up part time soccer mums a once in a lifetime athlete is hype.

She's a better athlete than someone like Brock or GSP?

Sadly, everything about Ronda's history tells a story of someone who had some mental health challenges.

Because she was talented and had a very legitimate combat sport background, she did great in MMA. And she got surrounded by more and more yes men.

She let herself believe she was that hyper special talent Dana, Joe, Edmond, etc told her she was. And fuck, maybe she was. But Holm crushed it.

That didn't have to be the end. She could have put better people around her. If she had management worth a fuck, they'd have seen her mental state and not rushed her into a title match with Nunes of all people. She should have crushed some cans and got her confidence back.

But instead, she fought Nunes. And it wasn't just a bad performance, it was a legitimately sad one. She looked broken before the fight even got going. And that did her in for good.

Ronda's fall is a story of mismanagement. The people around her were fucking idiots.

Solid post. I agree with it all.

Before she signed with the UFC she actually fired her old manager who was there with her from the beginning. Apparently her ex manager thought the standard UFC contract wasn't in her best interest at the time. But I am sure Dana White probably had some influence on getting him fired.

This fucking dude is still in denial about this girl. She trained in isolation for the Amanda Nunes fight and was even granted no interviews request by Dana.

Why is it so hard to get into his bald head that she was all hype?

LMAO all hype.
She was an olympic grappler and steam rolled how many chicks?
She was just too dumb to stay with an obvious idiot in Edmund "head movement" Tarverdyan and suddenly thought she became a world class striker because he the told her so.
The Holly KO was her demise. She was half out the door after that and she didn't develope her game. Amanda finished her off.
If she'd have switched to Firas Zahabi much earlier and developed her actual world class trips and upper body throws with lower body takedowns (power double legs & single legs) and learned some actual striking from the Tristar guys, she'd still rustle all your jim jams as a champ.

Ronda = Royce Gracie
Nunes = Matt Hughes

Ronda didn't do herself any favors by staying at a shit camp, but beyond that she got caught not evolving and improving while WMMA was in a pretty radical upward evolution.

It's too bad Ronda had terrible knees. I actually would have liked to see her develop more of a classic wrestling game with lower body takedowns. I don't think being a dynamic striker (relative to the top of WMMA) was ever in the cards for her.

Calling a lifelong fighter who beats up part time soccer mums a once in a lifetime athlete is hype.

She's a better athlete than someone like Brock or GSP?
Who said that?

Im not saying some of her hype wasn't ridiculous.

What im saying is she wasn't all hype, she was a very good fighter that singlehandedly put Wmma on the map.

It's not her fault her opponents were no match for her at the time.

Lol Rogan is a bit of a tard. By his logic Stipe should have been done in years ago yet he’s beating actual good fighters year in year out.

Too much fame instead of fighting, everyone was telling her she could do anything just cause they wanted a piece. She always seemed off to me. I enjoyed her run though. And the headkick.

Rogan knows about a lot of shit and knows jack shit about just as much. He's a hypocrite and he's sometimes easily fooled by hype or a run of great performances. He's a hype man, a shill and a fool.

He's definitely one of us.

Sure. Dawg.
Rogan is the biggest biased guy ever. He wreaks on that one comedian for stealing jokes but defends that fat comedian chick for stealing.

ronda had a nice run, and at some point, her head became too big, and she became K1 ronda. When that didnt work out, she didnt have a plan B.

I love how he throws her under the bus like a piece of shit once she starts losing:

"She could lose to a few (men) , that aren't good outside the sport"

LMAO This dude was on record saying she would beat Floyd<45>

We've gone from beating Mayweather Jr to that aren't good.

That's absolute garbage. Her giant angry ego is what did her in. Trying to stand and bang with Holm and Nunes was idiotic and extremely arrogant. She might have been able to make those fights competitive if she utilized different and more patient tactics. Buying into the idea that she had KO power and strong striking was the beginning of the downfall.

Again, she tried to clinch repeatedly

no doubt about it. SHe's a bit of a mental midget and I dont think she can deal with losing. Life moves on, the division hasnt really progressed much, if any.
No doubt. Pena, and McMann are still ranked.

Back