• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rogan: "Rondas movie career is what did her in"

This guy is a UFC shill. I take nothing he says seriously unless it's about Jits.

Same thing I've said for years as well

She was splitting her focus way too much

Hollywood robbed her potential as a fighter more than anything

Then you must have missed her epic fight against Nunes when she had a full training camp with no distractions.

My point is that it had nothing to do with that got damn movie career.
Maybe it did. Maybe Joe Rogan knows a lot more about a person he's interacted with many times compared to someone that has never met her and hates on successful people from his keyboard.

uhh I don’t think her unmatched run of 1st round finishes and armbars will ever be duplicated again, it’s amazing regardless of who she fought. She was fighting the best at the time In front of her and smoking them in record times

She got knocked off her peg and was already of the questionable mental state, she couldn’t handle what came with it. As soon as Amanda tagged her with one punch she mentally went somewhere else, it was like she had PTSD
Remember how rich Franklin was after Anderson Silva kneed him straight to hell?

You underestimate the level of pressure someone with that level of stardom deals with and how much it can effect their career

I don't. She had every chance to prove your hypothesis correct in the next fight.

Maybe it did. Maybe Joe Rogan knows a lot more about a person he's interacted with many times compared to someone that has never met her and hates on successful people from his keyboard.

Maybe I don't need to interact with her to see that she get's steamrolled by anyone remotely competent at striking, in a fn women division as well. This is the girl who said that she could choke out Cain.

She wasn't all hype, she was a decent fighter who was considerably better than the first run of WMMA fighters. But then Nunes & Holm turned up, Rousey & more importantly her shitty coach didn't recognise the threat they both posed & adjusted their training according as they thought she was untouchable.

I still say Rousey with a better coach would have beaten Holm, although Nunes would always have been a step too far. Neither loss or her subsequent mental collapse detracts from what Rousey achieved though.

The evolution of womens divion did her in. She faced complete noobs and most of the them even belonged to the lower division. The other girls slowly learned how to fight and she got lit up.

Then you must have missed her epic fight against Nunes when she had a full training camp with no distractions.
Problem is she had one foot out the door long before. Even her first loss.

You gotta be 100% all in mma or nothing at all.

Same thing we've seen in many athletes throughout the years

You'd be a fool to think being influenced and pressured in so many arenas didn't effect her training and fighting potential

One could argue something similar for Conor.

Distractions steal your fire and potential. Plain and simple and someone truly at the top of the foodchain when it comes to stardom has way more to deal with than anyone could possibly realize

She wasn't all hype, she was a decent fighter who was considerably better than the first run of WMMA fighters. But then Nunes & Holm turned up, Rousey & more importantly her shitty coach didn't recognise the threat they both posed & adjusted their training according as they thought she was untouchable.

I still say Rousey with a better coach would have beaten Holm, although Nunes would always have been a step too far. Neither loss or her subsequent mental collapse detracts from what Rousey achieved though.

Ironic you say that since she had a coach for exactly the type of content in MMA that smashed her. Yeah he's a shitty coach but boxing is still boxing.

Ronda wasn't "all hype", if you look at the way she lost to holly or nunes you can see that she simply didn't use his ability in any realistic way, but fuck, none of the two above is the wrestler/grappler ronda is and they will never be, she is a legit phenomenal grappler and an olympyc judoka bronze medal, is not like she has not any ability.

Rogan knows about a lot of shit and knows jack shit about just as much. He's a hypocrite and he's sometimes easily fooled by hype or a run of great performances. He's a hype man, a shill and a fool.

He's definitely one of us.

Sure. Dawg.
Find it funny how Rogan always says stuff like i'm not an expert and I know don't anything. And then five minutes later he is stating his opinions very much like he is an expert and very wise. Rogan is harmless to me I enjoy his podcast depending on the guest long-form interviews with MMA fighters are cool. The Cerrone cave-diving episode was wild. Or when he gets people like Bill Burr on. The Elon Musk one was interesting not just the viral moment but to just hear how Musk communicates. I think he said something like most people couldn't handle 5 minutes with my brain. Sounded like a Bond villain.

Ronda wasn't "all hype", if you look at the way she lost to holly or nunes you can see that she simply didn't use his ability in any realistic way, but fuck, none of the two above is the wrestler/grappler ronda is and they will never be, she is a legit phenomenal grappler and an olympyc judoka bronze medal, is not like she has not any ability.

She tried to take her down, failed. What more can you do?

Back