Rogan confirmed JDS vs. Overeem just now

Damn they tryin to kill my boy Heem

IDK! It's just a feeling. Everybody knows JDS is supposed to KO Reem, I have a feeling the opposite happens.

If Overeem was a live dog in this fight, I'd be the first to admit it but he really isn't. His striking defense isn't up to par, his offensive striking is weak besides his knees and body kicks, his durability is terrible, and he doesn't have the gas tank to pull off a wrestling-centric approach.

Reem doesn't have the cardio of Velasquez nor does he work the clinch in the same manner.

Reem can't even strike with Rothwell for a round and was literally running away from Nelson. But then again you're one of the worst posters to ever grace this forum, so I'm not surprised by this post.

My God, you're Greasy....

There's a reason he's called Econoreem these days.

JDS screws up in a portion where Reem is great at. Every time a clinch happens, he breaks away to his left with his hands down.

That's exactly where Cain tagged the hell out of him in the rematch. Junior didn't learn anything from it in the rubber match. Nor in the 5 round war with Stipe.

He has the same tendency over and over again and it has made him look like the elephant man in his last 3 of 4.

That's not where you want to have a weakness with Reem at.

My God, you're Greasy....

There's a reason he's called Econoreem these days.

JDS screws up in a portion where Reem is great at. Every time a clinch happens, he breaks away to his left with his hands down.

That's exactly where Cain tagged the hell out of him in the rematch. Junior didn't learn anything from it in the rubber match. Nor in the 5 round war with Stipe.

He has the same tendency over and over again and it has made him look like the elephant man in his last 3 of 4.

That's not where you want to have a weakness with Reem at.

Yeah, it's a joke.

He got controlled in the clinch against one fighter and that's Cain. You say 'he screws up where Reem is great at' yet you fail to realize that Overeem has been finished multiple times on the feet by many different fighters... and that's JDS' specialty.

Reem's weaknesses are 10x greater than any of JDS'

I wonder what the excuses will be when Reem is KO'd... again.

If Overeem was a live dog in this fight, I'd be the first to admit it but he really isn't. His striking defense isn't up to par, his offensive striking is weak besides his knees and body kicks, his durability is terrible, and he doesn't have the gas tank to pull off a wrestling-centric approach.

Reem is one of the best offensive strikers in all of MMA.

He doesn't have the best chin, is all.

He has out struck every fighter he has just about ever fought. That includes Pride, UFC, Strikeforce, Dream, K-1, etc.

EDIT*
Mostly true, but its MMA.

No guarantees.

BTW JDS striking defense isn't up to par either he's been depending on his ultra durability too much lately.

Yeah, it's a joke.

He got controlled in the clinch against one fighter and that's Cain. You say 'he screws up where Reem is great at' yet you fail to realize that Overeem has been finished multiple times on the feet by many different fighters... and that's JDS' specialty.

Reem's weaknesses are 10x greater than any of JDS'

I wonder what the excuses will be when Reem is KO'd... again.

Dude, do you know how easy it is to land in the clinch?

Reem has more than enough tools to get there. It isn't very hard for him.

Here's another way of looking at it:

JDS has, literally, a punchers chance in this fight.

Overeem is one of those exasperating fighters who often loses matches he should win, but has a skillset that makes it impossible to count him out against ANYONE.

That being said, Junior via 2nd round TKO.

Overeem is better, stronger and more skilled fighter.
JDS has power, is fast and can put him out.

Overeem can win this fight.

Werdum mentioned that he wanted some time off. So unless he's fighting Fedor before the end of the year (regrettably unlikely), the rest of the gang needs to stay busy. This is about as "big" of a throw down as I can imagine. I'm looking forward to it.

Good.
As beat up as JDS is after meeting Cain twice in a row, he smashes Reem inside 2 rounds, and I mean, Bigfoot-style KO.

YES! This is a great fight, Dos Santos should win this!

He slipped up.

Econoreem has a chance if he plays it dillashaw style; JDS has no movement left especially after the Cain fights, but all JDS needs is literally one punch

giphy.gif

Guaran-fucking-tee Overeem pulls out with some sort of injury.

Back