Robin Black may be the worst analyst in MMA media....

the UFC is obviously fond of guys with feminine 1st names and colored last names

Dana-White-Go-Big-03-750x370.jpg

Boo hoo you like watching him in his suits talk about nonsense surrounding fights but not the actual fight himself. You feel proud he retweeted you or something?

I don't pay attention to his attire. And he's never retweeted me. Stay mad.

Does Much Music even exist any more? I recall when they branched out to multiple different channels dedicated to specific genres, but I don't know if those still exist. Or even Much More Music.

I used to hate Robin Black and his music. Used to turn the channel when he came on. I thought he was gross.

With that said, I love his MMA work that I've seen. I don't have the Fight Network, but the stuff I see online, his enthusiasm is fun. His enthusiasm is on the level of Joe Rogan, and it's one of the things that makes Joe great at commentary, is that he's genuinely excited to be there and watch fights.

I think Kenny, Hardy and Stann are all great but they do lack the enthusiasm and excitement that Joe and Robin have.
Same page man. Hated his tunes but really like his MMA work. I honestly couldn't tell you if Much Music is even still a thing, I basically only watch netflix and fight pass haha.

Oh yeah buddy, you can convert months into days and into seconds. Watch this video and tell me anything useful he had analysed except for Tyron has improved and Lawler is dangerous round 5. This is a man who uses "Flim-Flam" to describe a fighter and yet his videos get put on the UFC youtube channel. He isnt an analyst, he is a 55 year old man with the hair style of a 15 year old emo kid who sprouts nonsense. He is all fluff with no substance, and its a sham hat he thinks he could replace Rogan when he retires.

This ontop of what he claimed about Ariel. "Gossip media are taxis. Fight analysts are Uber. It is what it is. He's a nice guy I hope it all works out for him." and retweeting positive comments towards him. No one is as narcissistic and completely ignorant to how shit his work is than Black. Heck go on his twitter page and its filled to the brim with him patting himself on the back by retweeting how good he is.

Now this is real analysis by Hardy. The technical aspect of the game and none of the damn fluff.

He could be shit, but he has the ultimate 2015 "EAT FUCKING CROW" award being the 1%, probably the only analyst i saw that picked Holly over Ronda.

His shorts videos on youtube doesn't really make him justice, he's focusing a lot more on selling than actual analyzing. But he used to do some pretty good stuff, he's too broad-brush most of the time for my liking, but he knows his shit.

What the fuck is he talking about Robbie Lawler is actually left handed.

Oh yeah buddy, you can convert months into days and into seconds. Watch this video and tell me anything useful he had analysed except for Tyron has improved and Lawler is dangerous round 5. This is a man who uses "Flim-Flam" to describe a fighter and yet his videos get put on the UFC youtube channel. He isnt an analyst, he is a 55 year old man with the hair style of a 15 year old emo kid who sprouts nonsense. He is all fluff with no substance, and its a sham hat he thinks he could replace Rogan when he retires.

This ontop of what he claimed about Ariel. "Gossip media are taxis. Fight analysts are Uber. It is what it is. He's a nice guy I hope it all works out for him." and retweeting positive comments towards him. No one is as narcissistic and completely ignorant to how shit his work is than Black. Heck go on his twitter page and its filled to the brim with him patting himself on the back by retweeting how good he is.

Now this is real analysis by Hardy. The technical aspect of the game and none of the damn fluff.

You're 100% right. He is terrible. He reminds me of people who break down fights after watching one McGregor fight. I think he is more of an analyst for casual fans.

The majority of people on Sherdog really don't have a clue about MMA, and really enjoy Robin, so it makes sense to see so much support for him.

The worst? Possibly...

The most annoying? By far

Nice job, attempting to backpedal from your entirely superfluous position in this conversation.

Alright, keep thinking Robin's showing off his intelligence. As usual you'll "read", absorb nothing and reinterpret in a way that is more digestible for your ego. You could do this all day, everyday (probably do). I can't buddy, peace out.

I dont even need to read the post.

I 100% agree based on the title alone.

I like Robin Black, but I've heard him on the Joe Rogan podcast I don't know why he insists changing his voice/playing a character for his analyses. He is much easier on the ears when he isn't doing that voice.

Secondly, of the videos I've seen of him, that Lawler vs Woodley one was a pretty shitty one. Usually they have a bit of substance to them but it looks like he shat this one out last second.

I watched that yesterday and I thought it was pretty cool.

Maybe.

But he's also one of the only MMA analysts that picked Holly over Ronda. so I'll give him that.
even a broken clock is right twice a day.

robin black literally picked against anderson silva for every single one of his ufc fights post-franklin.

Anyways, I don't care for him as a commentator, but at least he has pro-MMA experience.

Quit being a bunch of noobs and read/watch stuff from BJJ Scout, Lawrence Kenshen, and Jack Slack instead of that schmuck Black.

Have you noticed that other MMA technical analysts think of Black as a clown?

He is better on fight network than the actual UFC breakdowns on their youtube channel.

My all time favorite MMA announcer was the late Jeff Blatnik.

He'll make good points from time to time, but they're buried behind his over the top figurative language. I think he's somewhat of a parody at this point, but I think he knows that and intentionally plays that role. I don't see anything worth bitching about-- if you don't like him, then watch a different analyst.

Back