Robert "Beto" O'Rourke drives drunk, crashes, attempts to flee, apprehended by witnesses

You say this like he was a big baby when he soon after started his presidential run. He gloated about the first shutdown and how he and the Republicans stood up against the Democrats and held his principles. He was shouted down by his fellow Republicans for shutting everything down. Cornyn, the other Republican senator of Texas, was scrambling with late night special sessions to try to avoid the shutdown. It was about making him look idealistic for his presidential run.

This doesn't answer my question - How does a 1st year 1st term Senator shut down the government, during a Congress budget battle?

We all know why the media and fellow Senators & Congressmen blamed him, because it absolves them of any responsibility so the blame goes to a likely Presidential candidate who they all despise.

And, amazingly enough, that raised Cruz's poll numbers among voters in early primary states.

For the second shutdown, he shut his damn mouth.

So, by shutting his mouth how does he get the blame there? If he opened it there wouldn't have been a shutdown?

You want to know why Beto has a chance here in Texas because people don't like Cruz or how he handles his politics. This is Texas. It shouldn't be close but it is. He is sharp as a tack but as genuine as a three dollar bill.

It isn't close. Remember in 2016, polls said Hillary was within 5 points in Texas?

Trump won by 9.2%

And it wasn't a shock.

Polls in modern politics are meant to inform, they attempt motivate one side and depress the other.

Wouldn't say he backstabbed him.

Trump's play-dirty-or-lose tactics were out of Cruz's comfort zone with the 'Lying Ted,' calling his wife ugly, and promoting the National Enquirer story that Cruz's father helped kill JFK.

Whatever 'backstabbing' there was on Cruz's part was retalitory.

I thought it was about Ted having an affair with his staffer. Remember this legendary piece of TV history?

LOLOLOLOLLLOLOL OMG the look on her face when she drops that bomb. That shit was fucking hilarious. I miss that 2016 election, so much fun. But yeah, Trump was a dick. Nobody escaped without a nickname. At least Ted didn't get castrated as bad as Jeb? did. Seriously tho, I'm over any beef with team Cruz. He's our brother in arms, so no time for fighting in the foxhole.

Predator-GIF-Image-for-Whatsapp-and-Facebook-6.gif

I thought it was about Ted having an affair with his staffer. Remember this legendary piece of TV history?

I kinda wish I wasn't a Cruz supporter in 2016 so I could have laughed more at that Jerry Springer bullshit.

I mean, seriously? Just LOOK at Cruz, about everything about him screams 'socially akward,' like he'd be far more comfortable on a televised debate with 50 million viewers than hitting on a woman that isn't his wife.

Oh, but he supposedly had 5 affairs? Oh sure, that's believable. If they said ONE affair, it would be surprising but in the realm of possibility.

At least Ted didn't get castrated as bad as Jeb? did. Seriously tho, I'm over any beef with team Cruz. He's our brother in arms, so no time for fighting in the foxhole.
No one has ever, in modern politics, been castrated worse than Jeb.

But I fear the long-term consequences of 'Lying Ted' and his reluctance of endorcing Trump may be fatal in any future Presidenial bids.

FYI, the only reason why he did endorce him, is because when Trump lost the media was going to say Cruz's lack of an endorsement failed to unify the party, to hopefully take him out of any 2020 or 2024 runs.

This doesn't answer my question - How does a 1st year 1st term Senator shut down the government, during a Congress budget battle?

We all know why the media and fellow Senators & Congressmen blamed him, because it absolves them of any responsibility so the blame goes to a likely Presidential candidate who they all despise.

He headed up the Tea Party and pushed for others to dig in their heels. By your logic, nobody can do and take credit for anything if they are in a group.

Quit playing this how can a 1 term senator do anything? Obama was 1 term senator and won two presidential elections by a landslides. How can Trump a 1 time nothing become the president and a spokesman of the republican party? You will only play the how can so and so manage to do something with only x years of experience when it fits your argument.

I kinda wish I wasn't a Cruz supporter in 2016 so I could have laughed more at that Jerry Springer bullshit.

I mean, seriously? Just LOOK at Cruz, about everything about him screams 'socially akward,' like he'd be far more comfortable on a televised debate with 50 million viewers than hitting on a woman that isn't his wife.

Oh, but he supposedly had 5 affairs? Oh sure, that's believable. If they said ONE affair, it would be surprising but in the realm of possibility.

No one has ever, in modern politics, been castrated worse than Jeb.

But I fear the long-term consequences of 'Lying Ted' and his reluctance of endorcing Trump may be fatal in any future Presidenial bids.

FYI, the only reason why he did endorce him, is because when Trump lost the media was going to say Cruz's lack of an endorsement failed to unify the party, to hopefully take him out of any 2020 or 2024 runs.

Real talk, Ted is a genius (in terms of IQ), and a very effective litigator. I'd like to see him as Solicitor General or perhaps AG. I wouldn't mind him sitting on an appellate court somewhere either. I'd wager we see more of Ted Cruz in the future.

The guy is a piece of shit, but so is this post. It's one witness, not multiple witnesses. And your attempt to claim that is a nazi salute is a major fail.

How about the fact that he's using the present tense in the thread title to intentionally make it sound like it just happened?

This is 20 year-old news that right-wing hacks are repackaging for political gain.

He headed up the Tea Party and pushed for others to dig in their heels. By your logic, nobody can do and take credit for anything if they are in a group.

So he lead the Tea Party to put pressure on congressmen to shut down the government.

Then shouldn't the cowardly congressmen be to blame for being so easily manipulated?

Quit playing this how can a 1 term senator do anything? Obama was 1 term senator and won two presidential elections by a landslides.

And he didn't do shit as a Senator.

We're talking about what people do before running for President, and 'shutting down the government' happened a year before anyone was announcing their candidacy.

How can Trump a 1 time nothing become the president and a spokesman of the republican party?

By winning.

You will only play the how can so and so manage to do something with only x years of experience when it fits your argument.

No, Senators that have served multiple terms have more power and influence within the Senate through seniority, so try again.

No clue who this guy is
He is a guy running for DC from Texas. He pops in my Facebook feed because he answered a question about kneeling NFL players.

It waa a rather long answer. However, I didn't get beyond 30 seconds because he didn't answer the question with:

"whether a NFL player stands or kneels during the national anthem has no bearing on the employment level of my district; it has no bearing on people's wages in my district; it has no bearing on the crushing student loan debt for people in my district; it has no bearing on the cost of medical care in my district."

Real talk, Ted is a genius (in terms of IQ), and a very effective litigator. I'd like to see him as Solicitor General or perhaps AG. I wouldn't mind him sitting on an appellate court somewhere either. I'd wager we see more of Ted Cruz in the future.

He is also a total scumbag and sellout, so i guess he is perfect for Washington.

How about the fact that he's using the present tense in the thread title to intentionally make it sound like it just happened?

This is 20 year-old news that right-wing hacks are repackaging for political gain.

Trotsky, you are true to your name. An unfortunate side effect of free speech is that you don't get to tell people what to so say or how to say it. If it were up to you, the thread would never get made, because Trotskyites know how dangerous information can be to the revolution. I would call that deceptive – burying information which voters will care about. But since I can't force you to make threads, I did it instead.

Ted Cruz is the Zodiac, so there's that.

Trotsky, you are true to your name. An unfortunate side effect of free speech is that you don't get to tell people what to so say or how to say it. If it were up to you, the thread would never get made, because Trotskyites know how dangerous information can be to the revolution. I would call that deceptive – burying information which voters will care about. But since I can't force you to make threads, I did it instead.

I know I can't force or persuade you to behave honestly. But I also didn't try, so stop whining. The adults are letting you play.

I know I can't force or persuade you to behave honestly. But I also didn't try, so stop whining. The adults are letting you play.

Damn right you can't. But honestly, you can't force me to do anything because, like, you're completely out of power ;)

Tell me about your "optical agenda," comrade.
eye-doctor-cincinnati-300x200.jpg

Try voting for the guy who is best for the country. Not for the world, not for your race, but for the citizens of your country. Can we at least agree on that?

First, well done with pic.

Second, I think past behavior is a good predictor of future behavior.

Trump has behaved as I expected him to based on past behavior and has, on balance, done more harm than good I think. But I do not root for him to fail.

Yes we should vote for who we think is best for the country. I’m not sure how Christians see Trump as that guy but I can’t and don’t want to get inside their heads to figure it out.

The guy is a piece of shit, but so is this post. It's one witness, not multiple witnesses. And your attempt to claim that is a nazi salute is a major fail.
To be fair cnn and friends do this like every day

UaLgyTWV0DEiskM1EiUNnghaHrmQXQBg_w37eNlVVOc.jpg

Saw one of these around San Antonio and it made me laugh

Beto reminds me of Longshanks’ son. If he is put in a position of power, all of America’s enemies will be emboldened to attack.

Republicans ceded the moral high ground a while.

People make mistakes. You should get a chance to redeem yourself later in life.

Back