Robert "Beto" O'Rourke drives drunk, crashes, attempts to flee, apprehended by witnesses

But is it as close as it is as close as it is close?

Well that depends
hqdefault.jpg

No, he has had the nickname since he was a little kid. Interestingly, he is running for Senate against Rafael Edward Cruz who goes by Ted Cruz in order to hide the fact that he is hispanic.

Lyin' Ted, aka Grampa Munster, aka douchiest Bill Murray impersonator of all time, is not the one crying about "cultural appropriation," and he's still better than Robert "Get Drunk and Crash My Car" O'Rourke.

Kind of hard to pick Ted Cruz for anything. The guy shut down the government twice.

I can’t judge this guy. I’m not say I got a DUI when I was younger...I’m just saying I can’t judge this guy

I don't have a DUI, and I don't judge him for having a DUI from 20 years ago.

I judge him for being a douchebag leftist.

I feel like you may not believe that Hispanic voters are very smart. He didn’t became the congressman of El Paso, defeating a long serving Hispanic official, due to a clever trick with his name.

Why would me asking if he is trying to fool Hispanics make me think Hispanics are stupid?

Asked and answered, his nickname was from his youth.

Kind of hard to pick Ted Cruz for anything. The guy shut down the government twice.

Its amazing a 1st-term senator gets blamed for 'shutting down the government,' especially when it was about a Congress budget deal about Obamacare.

Sounds like you usual run of the mill texas politician.

Either they are dunks
Coke heads.
spouse abusers.
Opiate addicts.
Child abusers.
Farm animal fuckers.

Sometimes they are all the above at once.

I don't have a DUI, and I don't judge him for having a DUI from 20 years ago.

I judge him for being a douchebag leftist.

I’m not familiar with him. But I’m probably one of the only guys in the WR that actually really likes Cruz. So politically I probably won’t dig this drunk

Lyin' Ted, aka Grampa Munster, aka douchiest Bill Murray impersonator of all time, is not the one crying about "cultural appropriation," and he's still better than Robert "Get Drunk and Crash My Car" O'Rourke.

Perhaps, but in the age of Trump, maybe I will follow the Conservatives down the "all past transgressions are irrelevant if the candidate will serve my optical agenda" road.

Its amazing a 1st-term senator gets blamed for 'shutting down the government,' especially when it was about a Congress budget deal about

Apprarently, you were not in the united states in 2013.

Perhaps, but in the age of Trump, maybe I will follow the Conservatives down the "all past transgressions are irrelevant if the candidate will serve my optical agenda" road.

Tell me about your "optical agenda," comrade.
eye-doctor-cincinnati-300x200.jpg

Try voting for the guy who is best for the country. Not for the world, not for your race, but for the citizens of your country. Can we at least agree on that?

I’m not familiar with him. But I’m probably one of the only guys in the WR that actually really likes Cruz. So politically I probably won’t dig this drunk

I like his policies.

But I can completely understand those who say he rubs them the wrong way.

And there was some weird shit going on between him and Carley Feriona during the 2016 primaries. His campaign gave her campaign $500,000 in the summer of 2015, he objected on-stage about her not being onstage for one of the debates, and in a desperation move in the late game of the primaries he named her to be his running mate - when Marco Rubio would have been the far better pick for such a play.

I like Cruz, but I don't trust him, but when he's being less-than-truthful I still accept he has a much higher honesty record than most politicians.

Still, that whole thing about Carley was VERY weird.

Apprarently, you were not in the united states in 2013.

Yup, I was.

What power did Cruz have, as a senator, to hold up congress?

Oh, and that makes it even more humorous because not only was he in his first term, but the first year of his first term.

I like his policies.

But I can completely understand those who say he rubs them the wrong way.

And there was some weird shit going on between him and Carley Feriona during the 2016 primaries. His campaign gave her campaign $500,000 in the summer of 2015, he objected on-stage about her not being onstage for one of the debates, and in a desperation move in the late game of the primaries he named her to be his running mate - when Marco Rubio would have been the far better pick for such a play.

I like Cruz, but I don't trust him, but when he's being less-than-truthful I still accept he has a much higher honesty record than most politicians.

Still, that whole thing about Carley was VERY weird.

I like the policies that Ted favors, but he's an ambitious man. The way he tried to backstab Trump pretty much soured me on him for good. Still, at least he's not talking about "open borders" and "abolish ICE."

Yup, I was.

What power did Cruz have, as a senator, to hold up congress?

Oh, and that makes it even more humorous because not only was he in his first term, but the first year of his first term.

You say this like he was a big baby when he soon after started his presidential run. He gloated about the first shutdown and how he and the Republicans stood up against the Democrats and held his principles. He was shouted down by his fellow Republicans for shutting everything down. Cornyn, the other Republican senator of Texas, was scrambling with late night special sessions to try to avoid the shutdown. It was about making him look idealistic for his presidential run. For the second shutdown, he shut his damn mouth. You want to know why Beto has a chance here in Texas because people don't like Cruz or how he handles his politics. This is Texas. It shouldn't be close but it is. Cruz is sharp as a tack but as genuine as a three dollar bill.

I like the policies that Ted favors, but he's an ambitious man. The way he tried to backstab Trump pretty much soured me on him for good. Still, at least he's not talking about "open borders" and "abolish ICE."

Wouldn't say he backstabbed him.

Trump's play-dirty-or-lose tactics were out of Cruz's comfort zone with the 'Lying Ted,' calling his wife ugly, and promoting the National Enquirer story that Cruz's father helped kill JFK.

Whatever 'backstabbing' there was on Cruz's part was retalitory.

Back