• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Elections Rishi Sunak "Compulsory national service if the Tories win next election"

I don't think it's going to be possible to predict with any accuracy how this one will go (other than a Conservative loss)

As much as there is a very anti-Tory sentiment (pushed heavily by the media) there is absolutely no enthusiasm for Labour anywhere. I can see July having record low turn out with the rise of 3rd parties such as Lib Dems and Reform.
I'm voting Reform who won't win of course but hopefully will pick up lots of new voters. Maybe establish themselves as a potential winner for the next next GE. Neither Labour or Cons seem to care about the British people. Seems you get penalised here if you work hard and pay taxes.

Blatant distraction ploy to try and move the debate away from the millions of illegal immigrants that have flooded this country. Which in turn costs us billions and of course some of the people coming are potential national security risks.

Most people I speak with believe this to be the biggest issue this country has. Bit late worrying about national service with so many ticking timebombs already living here.

The illegals aren't the flood. We have 10 legal immigrants for every illegal... and they're not hard working Christian Polish people anymore.

The tories are failing on just about every measurable metric there is. This isn't so much a distraction technique, rather a total diversion, attempting to take the conversation in an entirely different direction, because there's nothing they can call back on in their 14 years in power that they can call a success. Remember when Boris started talking about building a bridge to Ireland? It's exactly the same thing.

Especially all the "tough guy" knife gangs. You want to fight people nows your chance.

They will also, very quickly, claim to not be British so shouldn't be subject to it . Whereas in everyday life they'll claim to be British because they can find loopholes. We both know the score here.

Your country, your call. It's not required military service.

"Twelve months of mandatory national service would be reintroduced by the Conservatives if they win the general election.

Eighteen-year-olds would be able to apply for one of 30,000 full-time military placements or volunteering one weekend a month carrying out a community service."

However here in the US it would be a good idea with exceptions or delays for school and such.

With would never work because first an overwhelming number of kids would be "so traumatized" by just the thought of it they would have a nervous breakdown. And that's with the "modren" new soft as shit military in the US.

Your country, your call. It's not required military service.

"Twelve months of mandatory national service would be reintroduced by the Conservatives if they win the general election.

Eighteen-year-olds would be able to apply for one of 30,000 full-time military placements or volunteering one weekend a month carrying out a community service."

However here in the US it would be a good idea with exceptions or delays for school and such.

With would never work because first an overwhelming number of kids would be "so traumatized" by just the thought of it they would have a nervous breakdown. And that's with the "modren" new soft as shit military in the US.
Soft doesn’t begin to describe it

Sounds fucking stupid.

Want to courage national pride? Encourage community. Encourage group events and hobbies. Make living easier, more profitable and more fulfilling. Make life beautiful and fun.

Right now, we have two parents if the kids are lucky, not seeing eachother because both parents are working close to minimum wage on opposite shifts, just to, barely, keep a roof over their heads. Work, home, work, home, fuck everything else. It is miserable for millions.

We have so many towns, ran down, devoid of services and things to do aside from browsing Poundland and hopping into the Betfreds next to the Jobcentre. Our land is beautiful but our society is about as exciting and engaging as a genital wart.

This is about building an army of grunts to send off to whatever Russia decides to invade next. It has nothing to do with opportunity or the patriotic spirit.

I remember reading this great paragraph by a brit who was speaking about political choice, and it was hilarious.

"For the London Assembly, I voted to be represented by the delegates of the Communist Party of Britain. The CPB is, of course, not to be confused with the Communist Party of Great Britain, from which it split in 1988, or the Communist Party of Britain (Marxist-Leninist), which split in 1968, or the New Communist Party of Britain, which split in 1977. All of these are distinct from the Communist Party of Great Britain (Marxist-Leninist), which split from an entirely separate faction in 2004. Each of these parties claims to be the sole authentic voice of the British working classes."

I remember reading this great paragraph by a brit who was speaking about political choice, and it was hilarious.

"For the London Assembly, I voted to be represented by the delegates of the Communist Party of Britain. The CPB is, of course, not to be confused with the Communist Party of Great Britain, from which it split in 1988, or the Communist Party of Britain (Marxist-Leninist), which split in 1968, or the New Communist Party of Britain, which split in 1977. All of these are distinct from the Communist Party of Great Britain (Marxist-Leninist), which split from an entirely separate faction in 2004. Each of these parties claims to be the sole authentic voice of the British working classes."

Reminds me of the classic scene from Life of Brian,

"Are you the Judean People's Front?"

"Fuck off! We're the People's Front of Judea!"

"Well, where's the Popular Front of Judea?"

"He's over there(points to a man sitting by himself). Splitter!" <lmao> <lol>

Check this blokes channel out. I've posted a video on where I used to live, but he's been all over and some areas are far worse.

Fix this shit instead Sunak, you cuntish ballbag.

UK currently has no outside threats so no compulsory service needed really

That being said its not end of the world either, 65 to 70 percent of guys in my country do it and go on about their lives.

Best part is everytime you talk with a guy at bar it always leads to question "what you did in the army"

I'm voting Reform who won't win of course but hopefully will pick up lots of new voters. Maybe establish themselves as a potential winner for the next next GE. Neither Labour or Cons seem to care about the British people. Seems you get penalised here if you work hard and pay taxes.
I had high hopes for reform, but their recent actions in deselecting any candidate who mentions deportations, says to me that they aren't actually interested in real solutions.

Even they haven't sensed that the mood has changed in the country

Mandatory service for all able bodied under 50's.

Not just the kids of tomorrow who cannot vote.

UK currently has no outside threats so no compulsory service needed really

That being said its not end of the world either, 65 to 70 percent of guys in my country do it and go on about their lives.

Best part is everytime you talk with a guy at bar it always leads to question "what you did in the army"

The UK army has long been focused on small numbers of highly motivated, highly effective professional soldiers. I'm not really sure what the hell they'd do with 30,000 useless conscripts a year. They'd probably better serve the country by being made to pick up litter.

Can't imagine what mindset you'd have to have when you look at the Reform platform and personnel and the damage they have done/issues they have been so utterly wrong on, and still think they are worth a vote.

How has brexit gone? We in the sunlit uplands yet?

Back