Social Richie Incognito charged with misdeamenor disorderly conduct with truck full of guns

Ceez

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24436462/richie-incognito-charged-making-threats

"According to a police report released Tuesday, Incognito entered Messinger Pinnacle Peak Mortuary and began acting erratically around four employees. Police were called when Incognito made his hand into the shape of a gun and told one of the employees he had a "truck full of guns" in the parking lot.

Police later found two Glock pistols, a handgun silencer and three rifles in Incognito's vehicle. He told police he had necessary permits for the weapons.

r418016_100x100_1-1.jpg

According to police, Incognito "appeared to lack concentration and was unable to maintain a coherent thought. Rather, he appeared to ramble about numerous things that did not correlate.

The controversial offensive lineman was at the center of an investigation into the bullying of former Miami Dolphins teammate Jonathan Martin in 2013, which led to a three-month suspension for Incognito. In July, Incognito was named the "first national ambassador" of Boo2Bullying, a nonprofit, anti-bullying organization based in Los Angeles."

Possible CTE case? Dudes had some issues in the past that could have labeled him a mental case if any of you are familiar with him. He was at the center of the bullying scandal with Jonathan Martin when they were teammates on the Dolphins that essentially caused Martin to meltdown and effectively ended his playing career a couple years later. To his defense Incognito was tasked by the Dolphins to toughen up Martin, "get him into the fold" but he was suspended by the team for conduct detrimental after receiving a copy of a voicemail from Martins attorneys where he was caught on record calling Martin, " half 'n-word' piece of shit" and threatening to slap Martins mother across the face along with death threats. Martin only played 2 more seasons ending his career with the Panthers. According to a report by Ted Wells (NFL attorney) Incognito also bullied another offensive lineman, Dolphins staff member and an assistant trainer.

Just this year in May he was placed in an "involuntary psychiatric hold" for throwing a tennis ball and a dumbbell at another gym member. He was said to be in an altered paranoid state and thought he was being spied on.

Fast forward to yesterday and here we are with Incognito once again finding himself in trouble with the law but this time the consequences could have been far worse had the situation escalated.

I'm very pro-gun, let's start with that. Those are my beliefs and I won't get into that, we all have our opinions. What I will say though is if we are gonna push for weapons reform shouldn't mental evaluations play a role? I don't mean everyone should have to complete a mental evaluation, I"m saying that if they have been committed it should show on record. Of course it's a slippery slope no doubt but this is the type of shit that's giving well to do gun owners a bad name which is the vast majority. Now if someone is committed or in this case put on an "involuntary psychiatric hold", with the technology we have available shouldn't this be a red flag in teh system? I mean couldn't he be logged in a database that would show who owns guns (if they purchased them legally obviously and they are registered) and hold the possibility of taking his weapons away until he was deemed fit? Also on the other hand this could be used during the background process before a gun is released during a sale.

Idk, just asking questions what say you?

Last edited:
This is tough. Arbitrary confiscation of firearms or revocation of a constitutional right to own/purchase them is obviously not desirable. But "involuntary psychiatric hold" might be a worthwhile life event to take that step since it can be definitively determined without usual uncertainty. It's certainly a much more meaningful, relevant, and time-sensitive disqualifer than having been convicted of a nonviolent crime 20 years ago. Furthermore, it can be adjudicated afterward for reinstatement of the right.

@Cubo de Sangre thoughts?

Last edited:
Just knowing of this guy over the years watching/following the NFL, he's going to hurt himself or someone else. I feel it's inevitable. I don't know if it's that he's just an asshole of a guy or if it's primarily CTE related, but his story won't end well.

Based on his behavior I don't see how anyone can argue against temporarily taking his firearms away until he can be further evaluated and treated if needed . . . dude has been weird ever since the bullying/hazing case he was supposedly part of while with the Dolphins.

The dude is mentally ill and probably dangerous, he needs to be in a mental institution.

He certainly didn’t live up to his name if he got caught that easily...

CTE? Roid Rage? Twinkie Defense?

Not making excuses for him. I'm just giving his defense attorney a head start.

Man, lot of jokes, but Richie has always been a nut case. And the kind where it's legit chemical/trauma/health issues inside his brain not just being a dumbass.

Edit: I had the shotgun on the bed tweet here, but I misremembered it as Incgonito posting it when it was the guy he bullied posting it that tagged Incognito. So, maybe that's a reason for Richie's paranoia thinking that guy may be out there looking for his revenge

I've shared my thoughts before, might go dig up my big longer post, back when Trump stupidly said the "take the guns, worry about due process later" of how I felt 2nd amendment and due process could still be preserved while being able to take deadly weapons out of the hands of someone before they committed a murder or spree. Something like a judge issued (not police issued) warrant to very temporarily confiscate, and then a court date in short weeks or days time where prosecution has to prove the person is a threat to continue the hold for up to 6 months. IE not the person prove or petition to get them back.

Sadly, Richie Incognito does seem like a potential threat to harm others with his mental issues.

Last edited:
Man, lot of jokes, but Richie has always been a nut case. And the kind where it's legit chemical/trauma/health issues inside his brain not just being a dumbass. To be honest, he seems to have at least an interest or some twisted admiration of gun violence, it's amazing he hasn't gone off with a public shooting ending in suicide. He tweeted this out about a 6 months ago

I've shared my thoughts before, might go dig up my big longer post, back when Trump stupidly said the "take the guns, worry about due process later" of how I felt 2nd amendment and due process could still be preserved while being able to take deadly weapons out of the hands of someone before they committed a murder or spree. Something like a judge issued (not police issued) warrant to very temporarily confiscate, and then a court date in short weeks or days time where prosecution has to prove the person is a threat to continue the hold for up to 6 months.

Sadly, Richie Incognito does seem like a potential threat to harm others with his mental issues.

That was Jonathan Martin who tweeted that and got arrested not Incognito

That was Jonathan Martin who tweeted that and got arrested not Incognito

Oh shit, my mistake. It was always Incognito that got talked about and I apparently got that story wrong or remembered it wrong. I'll edit. Thank you

This is tough. Arbitrary confiscation of firearms or revocation of a constitutional right to own/purchase them is obviously not desirable. But "involuntary psychiatric hold" might be a worthwhile life event to take that step since it can be definitively determined without usual uncertainty. It's certainly a much more meaningful, relevant, and time-sensitive disqualifer than having been convicted of a nonviolent crime 20 years ago. Furthermore, it can be adjudicated afterward for reinstatement of the right.

My personal view is that principle should win out over what-ifs. There should be a serious crime and due process in order to take a man's "rights".

If people are gonna use good intentions as a reason to get government involved then make it in the form of legitimate mental help. If someone is such a threat then lock 'em up until they aren't. Taking guns but putting someone back on the street seems like somewhere between a half-measure and irresponsible. Dangerous people don't need firearms to cause damage to others.

This is tough. Arbitrary confiscation of firearms or revocation of a constitutional right to own/purchase them is obviously not desirable.

"I like taking the guns early... Take the guns first, go through due process second."

donald-trump-rally.jpg

Just knowing of this guy over the years watching/following the NFL, he's going to hurt himself or someone else. I feel it's inevitable. I don't know if it's that he's just an asshole of a guy or if it's primarily CTE related, but his story won't end well.

Yea i can see him Benoit'ing himself for sure

WA tried implementing something like this but the issue I have with it is your neighbors can call the cops and say you're a danger to yourself or others and the cops will show up, take them and won't give them back until you petition the court to get them back.

That just reeks as opening shit up to abuse.

After all that I really think you have to change your name to Conspicuous.

WA tried implementing something like this but the issue I have with it is your neighbors can call the cops and say you're a danger to yourself or others and the cops will show up, take them and won't give them back until you petition the court to get them back.

That just reeks as opening shit up to abuse.

In PA (and I assumed most places) it had to be a family member or spouse.

In PA (and I assumed most places) it had to be a family member or spouse.
Yeah, in WA it's family, spouse, or a neighbor.

The neighbor one is what worries me given how high strung people in WA can be about shit. Especially the portion on the west side of the state.

Back