Social Richie Incognito charged with misdeamenor disorderly conduct with truck full of guns

To be fair, the focus from everyone in the NFL and college game are hits like these:

With good reason, they're fucking brutal and vicious. But if you think about the way football is played... olinemen and dlinemen are like sumo wrestlers in that they're smashing their heads into each other EVERY goddamn play.

Like, you look at most olineman unless they get injured they play EVERY fucking offensive down their team takes and are colliding helmets with the DTs and defensive ends opposite them EVERY play and sometimes colliding with linebackers too. Sumo wrestlers are the same that "crack" you hear at a match isn't the fat skin colliding (it could be some) but their skulls colliding. You ever take a good look at big time sumo wrestlers foreheads and they almost all look like someone took a cast iron pan to i.

I would imagine most o-lineman have concussion like symptoms after every game but because they don't go down in a heap ala Austin Collie looking like he get shot they never get checked out.

EDIT:
It's like any combat sport. The Franklin over Quarry KO, the Cro Cop over Igor and Aleks kick, the Martinez KO of Williams I think it was get all the play for how brutal they look and how the other guy looked dead after them but look at Chuck... dude used to take shot after shot after shot and compared to Quarry he's a goddamn drooling vegetable now in terms of how the head contact has impacted him.

Like, these are super SUPER scary to watch cause of what could happen to their necks and shit but linemen are colliding heads ALL the time.

I disagree on most of what you said regarding olinemen. Linebackers, fullbacks, wedgebreak (kickoff), are the guys with the concussions. Olineman arent generating the big hits as they dont have the room for acceleration.

Olineman is much more technique and strength oriented. Think of Greco Roman wrestling. The instigating hit is all about getting a bump in momentum that you can use to manipulate your opponent.

I played 7 years tackle football and nearly every position. Lineman had the biggest guys and was probably the most grueling position, but I took much harder hits consistantly as full back

Something tells me that with his temperament, he'll go on some sort of killing spree instead of just offing himself.

I disagree on most of what you said regarding olinemen. Linebackers, fullbacks, wedgebreak (kickoff), are the guys with the concussions. Olineman arent generating the big hits as they dont have the room for acceleration.

Olineman is much more technique and strength oriented. Think of Greco Roman wrestling. The instigating hit is all about getting a bump in momentum that you can use to manipulate your opponent.

I played 7 years tackle football and nearly every position. Lineman had the biggest guys and was probably the most grueling position, but I took much harder hits consistantly as full back
You DO hear the loud thudding crack at every snap right? PRETTY sure that's linemen.

You DO hear the loud thudding crack at every snap right? PRETTY sure that's linemen.

Have you ever played football? I'm speaking from 7 years experience. The cracking you hear is the layers in the shoulder pads hitting one another in combination to the helmets. Their helmets are only lined up a foot or so from each other.

Guards pulling or going after the secondary blocks would be a better example but this doesnt happen every play.

I'm not trying to be rude or dismissive. Was just pointing out what my experience has taught me

I’m not sure why someone of his stature needs guns to threaten anyone, let alone some funeral home staff. TMZ was reporting that he asked the funeral home to cut his dad’s head off “for research purposes.”

Wat?!!

:eek:

I was a lineman, and most plays were head to head, outside of pass blocking which usually were not, but could be with a blitzing backer and you just had to stand your ground and absorb it. My line coach who played in the NFL actually coached us to hit with our heads, and it works. My biggest collisions were down blocking on inside backers (when I was uncovered as a guard), I had plenty of private fireworks shows in my helmet from those plays.

Lots of lineman hit first with their heads (it's going to be interesting if NFL refs start calling lineman on the new helmet rule). If you look at the former NFL guys being diagnosed with CTE, many of them are offensive lineman. The first case diagnosed by Bennet Amalu was Mike Webster.

I was a lineman, and most plays were head to head, outside of pass blocking which usually were not, but could be with a blitzing backer and you just had to stand your ground and absorb it. My line coach who played in the NFL actually coached us to hit with our heads, and it works. My biggest collisions were down blocking on inside backers (when I was uncovered as a guard), I had plenty of private fireworks shows in my helmet from those plays.

Lots of lineman hit first with their heads (it's going to be interesting if NFL refs start calling lineman on the new helmet rule). If you look at the former NFL guys being diagnosed with CTE, many of them are offensive lineman. The first case diagnosed by Bennet Amalu was Mike Webster.

Oh I agree they do helmet to helmet for sure. Just didnt think from that close distance that much damage could really be done. Must be from the consistency at which they hit each other. Either way thanks for the info.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24436462/richie-incognito-charged-making-threats

"According to a police report released Tuesday, Incognito entered Messinger Pinnacle Peak Mortuary and began acting erratically around four employees. Police were called when Incognito made his hand into the shape of a gun and told one of the employees he had a "truck full of guns" in the parking lot.

Police later found two Glock pistols, a handgun silencer and three rifles in Incognito's vehicle. He told police he had necessary permits for the weapons.

r418016_100x100_1-1.jpg

According to police, Incognito "appeared to lack concentration and was unable to maintain a coherent thought. Rather, he appeared to ramble about numerous things that did not correlate.

The controversial offensive lineman was at the center of an investigation into the bullying of former Miami Dolphins teammate Jonathan Martin in 2013, which led to a three-month suspension for Incognito. In July, Incognito was named the "first national ambassador" of Boo2Bullying, a nonprofit, anti-bullying organization based in Los Angeles."

Possible CTE case? Dudes had some issues in the past that could have labeled him a mental case if any of you are familiar with him. He was at the center of the bullying scandal with Jonathan Martin when they were teammates on the Dolphins that essentially caused Martin to meltdown and effectively ended his playing career a couple years later. To his defense Incognito was tasked by the Dolphins to toughen up Martin, "get him into the fold" but he was suspended by the team for conduct detrimental after receiving a copy of a voicemail from Martins attorneys where he was caught on record calling Martin, " half 'n-word' piece of shit" and threatening to slap Martins mother across the face along with death threats. Martin only played 2 more seasons ending his career with the Panthers. According to a report by Ted Wells (NFL attorney) Incognito also bullied another offensive lineman, Dolphins staff member and an assistant trainer.

Just this year in May he was placed in an "involuntary psychiatric hold" for throwing a tennis ball and a dumbbell at another gym member. He was said to be in an altered paranoid state and thought he was being spied on.

Fast forward to yesterday and here we are with Incognito once again finding himself in trouble with the law but this time the consequences could have been far worse had the situation escalated.

I'm very pro-gun, let's start with that. Those are my beliefs and I won't get into that, we all have our opinions. What I will say though is if we are gonna push for weapons reform shouldn't mental evaluations play a role? I don't mean everyone should have to complete a mental evaluation, I"m saying that if they have been committed it should show on record. Of course it's a slippery slope no doubt but this is the type of shit that's giving well to do gun owners a bad name which is the vast majority. Now if someone is committed or in this case put on an "involuntary psychiatric hold", with the technology we have available shouldn't this be a red flag in teh system? I mean couldn't he be logged in a database that would show who owns guns (if they purchased them legally obviously and they are registered) and hold the possibility of taking his weapons away until he was deemed fit? Also on the other hand this could be used during the background process before a gun is released during a sale.

Idk, just asking questions what say you?

the only thing incognito about Richie is his brain.

If you want to protect yourself against a man of Richie's size, you will most likely need firearms

Just knowing of this guy over the years watching/following the NFL, he's going to hurt himself or someone else. I feel it's inevitable. I don't know if it's that he's just an asshole of a guy or if it's primarily CTE related, but his story won't end well.

I read an article about Richie, in which his old man claimed he was often the target of bullies as a kid because he was always chubby. He actually grew up in NJ very close to where I am from too, before moving to AZ like a lot of people where we grew up. Apparently he got into trouble down there too.

I know a lot of kids who went through what Incognito had to go through. All that confrontation turns into a certain kind of person.

That is another bad thing about Murkan football. It encourages fat kids to stay fat. It gives fat kids a reason to be fat, and then get CTE. Then they end up like this.

Oh I agree they do helmet to helmet for sure. Just didnt think from that close distance that much damage could really be done. Must be from the consistency at which they hit each other. Either way thanks for the info.

Exactly, that is what a study at Purdue suggested:

"The most important implication of the new findings is the suggestion that a concussion is not just the result of a single blow, but it's really the totality of blows that took place over the season," said Eric Nauman, an associate professor of mechanical engineering and an expert in central nervous system and musculoskeletal trauma. "The one hit that brought on the concussion is arguably the straw that broke the camel's back."

https://www.purdue.edu/newsroom/research/2012/120202NaumanFootball.html

didn't do a very good job of being......................... Incognito

So the Raiders, in typical Raiders fashion, have offered Richie Incognito a one year deal for the 2019 season

That locker room will have Antonio Brown, Vontae Burfict, and this nut job in it. I'm legit worried there could actually be a fatal incident

Incognito is possibly the blackest player the NFL has seen yet

Who was it Chapelle? That said always be scared of the one white guy that puts in work with blacks....ain’t no telling what he had to do to get those brothers respect

Just knowing of this guy over the years watching/following the NFL, he's going to hurt himself or someone else. I feel it's inevitable. I don't know if it's that he's just an asshole of a guy or if it's primarily CTE related, but his story won't end well.

Dont discount the possible/probable use of roids with that mix

Back