Elections RFK Jr. running as an independent?

Did you see his interview with Tucker? his love for Russia is a little over the top and has been like this for years.

They give a lot of favorable coverage to fringe figures in American politics, especially ones they think can be used to divide the left, and he's a narcissist so he's probably impressed by flattery. I doubt it would go deeper than that.

They give a lot of favorable coverage to fringe figures in American politics, especially ones they think can be used to divide the left, and he's a narcissist so he's probably impressed by flattery. I doubt it would go deeper than that.

Perhaps, but I find it creepy he is soooo over the top bias to a country like Russia who is doing what they re doing in UKR. Russia can do no wrong in his eyes and are always the victim.

He will absolutely hurt Biden more than Trump if it’s down to those 3.

Democrat logic in polls

- Happy with economy? 70%+ No
- Happy with the border? 70%+ No
- Are you concerned with escalating crime 80% Yes
- Worried DOJ is weaponized? 60%+ Yes
- Want Biden to run in 2024? 75% No
- Is Kamala awful? 65% yes
- Is your life shittier now than 2020? 60% yes

- Will you continue to vote Democrat? Yes

Trump is as divisive as they come. Running with a lunatic dem like RFK Jr. isn’t unity just because it’s suddenly R&D together. Both candidates have built campaigns around conspiracies and divisive accusations. They blame the “establishment” (i.e., anyone who has opposing interests - RINOs, est. Dems, FBI, DOJ, NIH, CDC, etc…..) for American suffering. It’s absurd and dangerous.

That's an interesting variant of a no-true-Scotsman fallacy. So, sure, it's a hypothetical ticket of a Republican running with a Democrat as VP, both of whom generate interest from significant portions of their respective voting bases, but they're the wrong kind of Democrat or Republican? The nasty, divisive kind that not everyone in the bases likes, who runs on the wrong issues - right? As opposed to, say... AOC (progressive fringe wing)? Mitt Romney (RINO)? Ted Cruz? Tulsi Gabbard? Joe Manchin? Yeah, you're right - they aren't mainstream, or they're divisive themselves.

Mainstream figures like Joe Biden are probably the ones we want running because lots of people want him running - right? Oh, wait - apparently 72% of Americans don't want Biden running with 78% of independents, and even only 52% of his own party wanting him to run. What does this mean? The current POTUS - as mainstream as it gets - is such a divisive figure that a vast majority of Americans don't want him running again. So when you talk about figures like Trump and RFK being divisive figures who aren't the right kind of Democrats and Republicans, you more or less ignore that the list of non-divisive figures who have any heat behind them at all is vanishingly small. The alternative is, itself, divisive, and there is no mythical "appeals to most people in both parties" candidate.

The fact that you come out in the face of a potential Repub/Democrat joint ticket and say "No, they're not TRUE Democrats/Republicans - they're divisive! The run on the wrong issues!" and ignore how significant a Repub/Dem ticket would be in this divided age says more about your own politics and biases. You are likely a product of the divisive "basket of deplorables" style rhetoric that is becoming so normal - its primary target and customer, if you will, that will vote a certain way if you're just cajoled to hate your countrymen a bit.

I'll stick to my original assessment... If I have a field of assholes to choose from - all candidates I don't like - then my preferred running ticket would be one which crosses the aisle in a paradigm-shifting way rather than the assholes whose strategy is to say "We must unify - against the bad people, who are between 20% and 50% of the country!" But then again, I'm Canadian - this isn't really my affair. I have my own "Vote for me because the other side is EVIL!" politicians to worry about.

Perhaps, but I find it creepy he is soooo over the top bias to a country like Russia who is doing what they re doing in UKR. Russia can do no wrong in his eyes and are always the victim.

He has at least given a pro-forma denunciation of the invasion before pivoting to blaming the U.S. and generally accepting Russian propaganda on it.

That's an interesting variant of a no-true-Scotsman fallacy. So, sure, it's a hypothetical ticket of a Republican running with a Democrat as VP, both of whom generate interest from significant portions of their respective voting bases, but they're the wrong kind of Democrat or Republican?

Do you think this is an honest description? Trump is literally the most divisive president we've had (the first, I believe, to dismiss problems in the country by saying that the people affected were in a state that he didn't win). And RFK is underwater with what's supposed to be his own party. I get that you personally hate anyone who votes Democratic, but it's not actually not unifying to run on a "Ds are evil" platform.

Honestly, he would be my top pick for Trump's VP. Trump is, to some extent, breaking the Republican party - why not take another step further and take an outcast Democrat - RFK Jr. or a Tulsi Gabbard or something - as his VP? VP's aren't that important (except in emergency), but it does send an actual message of cooperation and unity that is anathema to the popular current political strategy where a politician says "We need to work together!" and then antagonizing the other side endlessly, even going so far as to paint them as enemies of the state.

Doubt it will happen but would be good for the US.
How dare you, Kamala Harris is doing a great job as border tsar. She’s very critical.

Lol@criticism of only choices of democracy vs authoritarian fascism.

I mean yeah, let's totally vote for the people who are consciously suppressing voters so egregiously a right wing Supreme Court even thinks its out-of-pocket.

Let's vote for the "I, alone, can fix it" guy who made everything worse.

He will absolutely hurt Biden more than Trump if it’s down to those 3.
It's the right that's in love with the guy , I think he was initially supported by the right hoping to divide the left and it backfired .

Good, now I can actually vote for him.

He's not "taking away" a vote from any other party by getting mine because I have absolutely no intention of voting for a Democrat or Republican.

Break the duopoly.

Who do you figure he's taking those votes from? I would have guessed Democrats pissed at the DNC ramming through an unpopular candidate, but his hostility towards the Covid vax seems more likely to appeal to Republicans, and I've seen some polling that Republican voters are actually pretty gung-ho on the guy.
I only ever see Republicans touting this guy. Have you ever seen a Democrat show interest in this guy?

It's the right that's in love with the guy , I think he was initially supported by the right hoping to divide the left and it backfired .

That may be but tons of people on the left want a third option too.

I'm pretty sure an actual potato would be more attractive to vote for than Biden or Trump.

Genuinely can't believe this is the best a country the size of America has been able to come up with for two fucking election cycles. I wouldn't vote for either of them

Lol@criticism of only choices of democracy vs authoritarian fascism.

I mean yeah, let's totally vote for the people who are consciously suppressing voters so egregiously a right wing Supreme Court even thinks its out-of-pocket.

Let's vote for the "I, alone, can fix it" guy who made everything worse.

Make everything worse? Who? Biden?

lol…. See post above

And Democrats played their hand showing the country who’s really authoritarian with Covid and Trans policies.

You jokers make this far too easy

Make everything worse? Who? Biden?

lol…. See post above

And Democrats played their hand showing the country who’s really authoritarian with Covid and Trans policies.

You jokers make this far too easy
The governments coming to chop off your dick

That's an interesting variant of a no-true-Scotsman fallacy. So, sure, it's a hypothetical ticket of a Republican running with a Democrat as VP, both of whom generate interest from significant portions of their respective voting bases, but they're the wrong kind of Democrat or Republican? The nasty, divisive kind that not everyone in the bases likes, who runs on the wrong issues - right? As opposed to, say... AOC (progressive fringe wing)? Mitt Romney (RINO)? Ted Cruz? Tulsi Gabbard? Joe Manchin? Yeah, you're right - they aren't mainstream, or they're divisive themselves.

Mainstream figures like Joe Biden are probably the ones we want running because lots of people want him running - right? Oh, wait - apparently 72% of Americans don't want Biden running with 78% of independents, and even only 52% of his own party wanting him to run. What does this mean? The current POTUS - as mainstream as it gets - is such a divisive figure that a vast majority of Americans don't want him running again. So when you talk about figures like Trump and RFK being divisive figures who aren't the right kind of Democrats and Republicans, you more or less ignore that the list of non-divisive figures who have any heat behind them at all is vanishingly small. The alternative is, itself, divisive, and there is no mythical "appeals to most people in both parties" candidate.

The fact that you come out in the face of a potential Repub/Democrat joint ticket and say "No, they're not TRUE Democrats/Republicans - they're divisive! The run on the wrong issues!" and ignore how significant a Repub/Dem ticket would be in this divided age says more about your own politics and biases. You are likely a product of the divisive "basket of deplorables" style rhetoric that is becoming so normal - its primary target and customer, if you will, that will vote a certain way if you're just cajoled to hate your countrymen a bit.

I'll stick to my original assessment... If I have a field of assholes to choose from - all candidates I don't like - then my preferred running ticket would be one which crosses the aisle in a paradigm-shifting way rather than the assholes whose strategy is to say "We must unify - against the bad people, who are between 20% and 50% of the country!" But then again, I'm Canadian - this isn't really my affair. I have my own "Vote for me because the other side is EVIL!" politicians to worry about.

This is a long winded post that misses (or intentionally mischaracterizes) my point. Reread your initial post. Now read mine. Now read them again before you start typing. I didn’t argue that other candidates are innocent of potentially divisive behaviors and political positions. Politics is inherently divisive, though some politicians are more so than others. I took issue with the idea that a hypothetical Trump RFK Jr. ticket represents unity and will “bring people together” while it’s the other politicians who are dividing the nation. That’s comically outrageous.

Last edited:
Back