Elections RFK Jr. running as an independent?

Honestly, he would be my top pick for Trump's VP. Trump is, to some extent, breaking the Republican party - why not take another step further and take an outcast Democrat - RFK Jr. or a Tulsi Gabbard or something - as his VP? VP's aren't that important (except in emergency), but it does send an actual message of cooperation and unity that is anathema to the popular current political strategy where a politician says "We need to work together!" and then antagonizing the other side endlessly, even going so far as to paint them as enemies of the state.

Doubt it will happen but would be good for the US.

exactly my thoughts. Trump already did break the GOP and was a life long democrat himself. Before RFKjr announced he was running, my pick for was Tulsi, who already said she was no longer a democrat and has criticized the attacks and lawfare on Trump

Do people actual think Biden is even going to be able to run? That would be a disaster for Dems....He doesn't know where he is today, let alone in a year.

DNC cannot support RFKjr tho, so he would still need to run as an Indy.

Stalking Horse to take away votes from Trump

Pretty weak and ineffective one unfortunately

I love the bat shit crazy far right brain trust on these forums.

giphy.webp

he seems to have a solid on his shoulders but I don't see Americans being able to bypass his voice
He’s also pretty radical with regards to climate change…

FLASHBACK: RFK Jr. Once Called For Jailing ‘Climate Deniers,’ Punishing Political Opponents
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ers-punishing-political-opponents/ar-AA1e2hqA

Maybe he has backed off of this, but outside of literally brain washed lefties who enjoy jailing/punishing dissenting opinions and behavior, nobody is going to vote for that crap.

He'll get my vote unless Trump gets the republican nod

Honestly, he would be my top pick for Trump's VP. Trump is, to some extent, breaking the Republican party - why not take another step further and take an outcast Democrat - RFK Jr. or a Tulsi Gabbard or something - as his VP? VP's aren't that important (except in emergency), but it does send an actual message of cooperation and unity that is anathema to the popular current political strategy where a politician says "We need to work together!" and then antagonizing the other side endlessly, even going so far as to paint them as enemies of the state.

Doubt it will happen but would be good for the US.

Yeah what an all-star team that would be. One facing 90+ felony charges and the other an anti science nut who profits off misinformation that kills people. But unity folks!

Yeah what an all-star team that would be. One facing 90+ felony charges and the other an anti science nut who profits off misinformation that kills people. But unity folks!

Honestly, I don't even disagree with you. Ideally the USA was putting up better candidates - but you aren't. If these assholes are the ones either the people, or the political machine, put in place, I'd rather have the assholes that get votes by bringing people together win ahead of the assholes that get votes by making one half the country hate the other.

I’m surprised he was over 10 in some polls but I think once going third party, any dissatisfied democrats will still side with Biden vs doing a third party, especially if it’s a rerun with Trump.

really saying something that I can't pinpoint who you're talking about

Biden really isn't the best one to put forward in a charisma vacuum.

I’m surprised he was over 10 in some polls but I think once going third party, any dissatisfied democrats will still side with Biden vs doing a third party, especially if it’s a rerun with Trump.

I tend to agree with this, but I wonder if sufficient financial hardship, border issues, and evident corruption from Biden might lead to some percentage of Democrats voting third party. A big part of the pro-Biden anti-Trump argument is that Trump is a lying shitbag who has a laundry list of problems while Biden is kindly old genteel statesman that is relatively pure for a politician. Recent developments have seriously challenged that narrative and made it pretty clear that Democrats were sold a false bill of goods in 2020 - and while many won't care about that in the face of Trump, some might? That's a question for me.

Part of why Trump got in is because of the Bernie bros jumping ship in the face of DNC fuckery, so there is a point where Democrat voters do turn their backs on a bad candidate served up to them under shady circumstances - and, let's face it, Trump was already presented as the antichrist in 2016. The Democrats may be getting closer to the "Ok, screw that lying old fuck" tripwire every day he rambles on about the miracle of Bidenomics when people are hurting.

He’s ostracized from the establishment Democratic Party because of his very vocal Covid Stance. It’s just a way to make him even more unelectable.

I tend to agree with this, but I wonder if sufficient financial hardship, border issues, and evident corruption from Biden might lead to some percentage of Democrats voting third party. A big part of the pro-Biden anti-Trump argument is that Trump is a lying shitbag who has a laundry list of problems while Biden is kindly old genteel statesman that is relatively pure for a politician. Recent developments have seriously challenged that narrative and made it pretty clear that Democrats were sold a false bill of goods in 2020 - and while many won't care about that in the face of Trump, some might? That's a question for me.

The issue is mostly that the "developments" are purely imaginary and entirely predictable (of course hacks are going to say any Democratic president is the Most Corrupt Person Ever).

Republicans were pushing RFK's candidacy in hopes that it would divide the left, in large part because they don't understand the left at all. It's similar to what they were trying to do with Gabbard. And similar to the Gabbard situation, I'm sure internal polling is showing that he'd actually take more votes from Trump than Biden (not many from either--I'd guess his cap would be around 1%), and so they'd probably want to discourage him. The issue might be that he really believes in the boost he got and might go ahead with it, which would be hilarious.

Honestly, I don't even disagree with you. Ideally the USA was putting up better candidates - but you aren't. If these assholes are the ones either the people, or the political machine, put in place, I'd rather have the assholes that get votes by bringing people together win ahead of the assholes that get votes by making one half the country hate the other.

Trump is as divisive as they come. Running with a lunatic dem like RFK Jr. isn’t unity just because it’s suddenly R&D together. Both candidates have built campaigns around conspiracies and divisive accusations. They blame the “establishment” (i.e., anyone who has opposing interests - RINOs, est. Dems, FBI, DOJ, NIH, CDC, etc…..) for American suffering. It’s absurd and dangerous.

Back