Rewatching mayweather mcgregor..

I just looked it up, was the 9th round, not early like I thought. Makes sense then that he wasn't able to capitalize, he was too tired and might've even missed the fact that Floyd didn't like it

But yeah I agree with most of your post. I think saying Floyd 'carried' or 'played down' to conors level is a little misleading. I think it was an actual strategy to win more than showmanship. He knew conor would blow out his lungs, at that point the finish is academic.

Why even give him a chance?

i don't necessarily think he was giving Conor a chance, i think he playing down to him in order to finish him. he could've boxed Conor to a 12-0 UD easy, but he knew it would look bad. so he took an aggressive approach to coax the punches and the movement out of Conor to kill his gas tank faster.

A reasonable take. Conor being 0-0 as a boxer is not beating Floyd, no-matter how old Floyd is, outside of being about 55. Floyd is the king of taking his time, he is never in any rush in that ring. But just to hang in there for 9 rounds and land some punches Conor deserves credit for that. Had they been in the Cage as soon as Conor got serious with leg kicks, Floyd would be tossing in the towel.. But Props to Conor for marketing himself and making his money..
Don't really have any objection to this except the leg kick comment. Floyd is many things, a quitter ain't one of them. Other than that...yeah, props to Conor for getting some solid shots in and getting paid. All he really had to do.

it is funny how selective memory works. now Conor's nuthuggers are giving him props because he did better than anyone expected? because he survived for so long? funny because what I remember is 49-1 bullshit and people actually believing that Conor would finish old man Floyd in the first.

Go on further, Demarcus Corley had him damn near out on his feet from a right hook in an exchange.

And Corley isn't known to be a puncher but of course punches infinitely harder than McGregor.

True!! Corley was a pillow fisted guy. Hell, Emmanuel Augustus gave Floyd a waaaay harder time than Conor.

The one thing I don't understand about this fight is: where on Earth did Conor's knockout power go? I mean, in the octagon, he can drop monstrous bombs that just flatten people, but Floyd wasn't even phased by the uppercut or anything else Conor threw at him. In fact, he even toyed with Conor in a fashion that shows Floyd had no respect for Conor's ability to knock people out.o_O

That zab judah fight is one of the craziest things ive ever seen. That fucker is faster than floyd and floyd still found a way to get it done. Literally awe-inspiring

It's one of my favorite boxing matches ever. It's a brilliant encapsulation of focus, and the ability to make adjustments to figure out an extremely difficult opponent in real time. By the tenth, Judah was so thoroughly exposed, he resorted to the low blow and back of the head punch that precipitated the riot.

Use your head. Do you really think Mayweather couldn’t finish Conor within a couple of rounds?

Of course he could but what would that accomplish? He needed it to look somewhat competitive. Why? So he could plant the seed for a rematch. Floyd is about money and KO Conor within a couple of rounds ends that money train right there.

The one thing I don't understand about this fight is: where on Earth did Conor's knockout power go? I mean, in the octagon, he can drop monstrous bombs that just flatten people, but Floyd wasn't even phased by the uppercut or anything else Conor threw at him. In fact, he even toyed with Conor in a fashion that shows Floyd had no respect for Conor's ability to knock people out.o_O
People mistook Conor's precision and speed for power, and Floyd's whole game is minimizing both of those.

Mayweather was the best at what He did, Connor is not even the best at his own game, what did you expect? Did you really believe Connor is actually going to beat the world's best Boxer in his hometown?

Look at all the pathetic fanboys still clinging on to some sort of moral victory and still giving Conor participation trophies <Lmaoo>

i rember when my friends (bigger condor fans).

"8 oz glows maan!!! he will beat the living shit out of floyd. floyd is ded"
<36>

It's on video. And it was Burger King, not McDonald's.
He was on video eating Burger King one time. That was self promotion, intimidation and likely paid advertisement all in one.

You don't really think Floyd eats BK, do you? I mean shit, even in the off season I seriously doubt it

True!! Corley was a pillow fisted guy. Hell, Emmanuel Augustus gave Floyd a waaaay harder time than Conor.

Of course. Augustus gave Floyd problems.

Jesus Chavez gave Floyd a tougher fight.

Maidana, Judah, Oscar, Hatton, Pacquaio, Cotto all gave Floyd a tougher fight (even though he won all but 1 of thoae clearly)

Shit, pretty much all his opponents did even the ones he dominated.

Funny how it was Conors first fight in boxing and he did better than any other of Mayweathers opponents.

Imagine if Conor actually just trained boxing he would be one of the best boxers in the world easily. Just shows you how good he is.

Hits harder than guys like Canelo and has similar speed to Amir Khan. If only he had a better gas tank he could do really well in boxing. Maybe top 10. Same as Nate Diaz
Hits harder than Canelo? Similar speed to Khan? What? What are you watching? His power and speed is no where near those guys. Not even close. He did well in the Mayweather fight and has the best boxing in mma history, but you justsound ignorant comparing his attributes to those guys. Canelo hits much harder and Khan is much faster.

Yeah Mayweather trolled all the idiots. HAHAHA

that was probably the biggest crime. He scammed million of people LOL
<Goldie11><Goldie11><Goldie11>
003_Floyd_Mayweather_vs_Conor_McGregor.0.jpg

Back