Rewatched round 2 alone. Jon won

Every time Jones is in a competitive fight, people lose their shit. Remember Gus fight? Back then many people called it a robbery but today everyone agrees with that decision.

Right. And if Ryes won 3 rounds 10-9 and Jon won 2 rounds 10-9, do the math.
Reyes didn’t win 3 rounds, he won round 1 decisively and rounds 2 and 3 are toss ups based on who you want to win essentially lol

Jones dominated rounds 4,5 and left less rounds so close to decide. This isn’t a robbery at all it’s a close fight that could’ve went either way. Jon hedged the bets in his favor and it payed out don’t hate the player hate the game, move on

He was CLEARLY outstruck by any metric. He wasn't controlled. Youa ren't controlling your opponent unless you are preventing him from doing what he wants to do. In this case that would be to dodge his strikes and land your and/or outgrapple him. In fact, Reyes controlled Jones. He decided where the fight would take place and landed more strikes. I repeat: HE DECIDED. Jon couldn't decide where the fight would go. He tried to take it to the ground and failed. So he was controlled. His will was controlled.
Jon controlled and dictated the entire pace of round 2 and Dom did next to nothing from approximately the 2 minute point to the bell. Even what he did in those 2 minutes was not fight changing. This isnt my opinion. Any person that rewatched Round 2 objectively can see it

Jon was the more precise striker, Jon deflected almost everything Reyes landed on him I see one clean punch throughout the entire fight from r

Google what octagon control means and then rewatch Jones vs Reyes lol doofus

also Jon completed one takedown and threw Reyes on his back, couldn’t hold him there but he did complete a takedown. It’s not like he held Jon every time Jon shot

Jon got outstruck for 3 rounds and failed to take the fight to the ground. Octagon control means nothing as long as someone is landing more significant strikes.

Jon got outstruck for 3 rounds and failed to take the fight to the ground. Octagon control means nothing as long as someone is landing more significant strikes.
Out struck by what? Like 3 or 4 strikes?

A clear case of thinking mma is boxing and ignoring other fighting criteria. Yeah Reyes marginally landed more strikes and none game-changing but was controlled the majority of the round

Jon controlled and dictated the entire pace of round 2 and Dom did next to nothing from approximately the 2 minute point to the bell. Even what he did in those 2 minutes was not fight changing. This isnt my opinion. Any person that rewatched Round 2 objectively can see it

He didn't. He got outstruck, turned his back and ran like a bitch. There is no argument based on official criteria that can be used to give Jon the round. You can't prove he landed more and/or better punches than Reyes. The only official metric says otherwise, and you have nothing that can counter that. And you can't rewritte the rules and give more importance to whatever you think is important. Walking forward isn't dictating the pace. In fact, pace is dictated by two people. It's like a dance. You can't dance alone. If Jon dictated the pace Reyes would be standing still in the same place getting hit. He was circuling and moving away from this punches. If you think Jon wanted the fight to look like that you're stupid. So he wasn't in control. You're in control when you have your opponent excactly where you want him. No one wants their opponent moving and circuling away while landing punches. You have no clue about fighting. Try a martial arts class.

Dictating pace doesn't win rounds.

Had Reyes 2-1 through 3 rounds. Jones’ wrestling attempts seemed to drain Reyes gas tank and Jones took the final 2 rounds. If Reyes had slightly better conditioning we’d probably have a new Champ.

A clear case of thinking mma is boxing and ignoring other fighting criteria. Yeah Reyes marginally landed more strikes and none game-changing but was controlled the majority of the round
What do you mean by "controlled"?

I agree it wasn't a robbery it was a close fight even though I had it 3-2 Reyes. I could see how a pro-jones viewer could find ways to give Jones round 2 but I think a non-biased viewer would give Reyes round 2 80% of the time.

Had Reyes 2-1 through 3 rounds. Jones’ wrestling attempts seemed to drain Reyes gas tank and Jones took the final 2 rounds. If Reyes had slightly better conditioning we’d probably have a new Champ.
That would be because you understand mma scoring criteria. Some of these clowns tickle me

Reyes looked strong the first 2 minutes. Jones controlled the next 3 with only sparks from Reyes. Initially thought it was a robbery on first watch. It wasn't a robbery. We are just seeing Jon looking human in a close fight.
So.. how much money did you have on Jones?

6, 9 and 7. It doesn't matter how many were. All it matter is who landed more. Plus, he landed better for the most part. Most of the shots that we were actually hearing and felt dangerous came from Reyes. The only shots that made a fighter accuse discomfort and abort his position and run were Reyes's shots. You can say the rounds were competitive and nobody destroyed anyone, but you can't say Jon won them. Also, round 5 was no beat up either. Jon landed 4 more significant strikes and one TD that did nothing.

I agree it wasn't a robbery it was a close fight even though I had it 3-2 Reyes. I could see how a pro-jones viewer could find ways to give Jones round 2 but I think a non-biased viewer would give Reyes round 2 80% of the time.
I am a Jones fan and initially thought he lost. I rewatched round 2 with absolute honesty and Reyes looked to be doing FAR more than what he was

.26 differential in global scorecards.
These are toss ups that can go to either fighter

.73 these are dominant rounds, winning by almost a point on people’s scorecards around the world

I don’t see how anyone can call this a robbery, I’ve seen decisions 100x worse.
Dom clearly won 1

2,3 are toss up

4,5 Jones

Attachments

• 80DB03AF-6544-4EAD-86EC-42E3D23F324D.jpeg
    80DB03AF-6544-4EAD-86EC-42E3D23F324D.jpeg
    137.1 KB · Views: 2
6, 9 and 7. It doesn't matter how many were. All it matter is who landed more. Plus, he landed better for the most part. Most of the shots that we were actually hearing and felt dangerous came from Reyes. The only shots that made a fighter accuse discomfort and abort his position and run were Reyes's shots. You can say the rounds were competitive and nobody destroyed anyone, but you can't say Jon won them. Also, round 5 was no beat up either. Jon landed 4 more significant strikes and one TD that did nothing.
This is not boxing my dude and if you dont understand that dictating the pace and controlling the octagon for more than half the round AND YOU ARE THE CHAMP influences the judges decision then you will stay poorly analyzing fights

This is not boxing and more strikes by a marginal number with none of them being ANYTHING noteworthy or fight changing does not mean you won. It is judged off striking grappling and octagon control per the book. The only unspoken rule that anybody worth their weight in dogshit knows is extremely close round go to the champ. Especially a dominant champ. This isnt my opinion. This is fact.

Bro you can piss off with this unsaid rule shit...i read all ur post in here and thats the weakest defense of a champion i ever heard...Jones did nothing with his takedowns all fight...taking someone down who pops back up like chuck liddell use to doesnt or shouldn't mean more then getting clipped and forced to be defensive against a guy who was trying to win the fight...

Jones did his best work in round 5...but i have to give 2 to Reyes..he was the aggressor early and was MORE EFFECTIVE with his early attack then jones was with his time..its as simple as that...

This unsaid rule you speak of only really comes into play with match ups that champion and contender are cancelling each other out or its a stalemate type of fight...its a rariety these days ..many champions have not been given this courtesy from judges for a long time ...ask DJ...

The judging was off all night...im talking boxing level off

Back