Rewatched round 2 alone. Jon won

Judges don't count strikes. They watch the fight as it don't on. And they pick at the end of the round who they think the winner is. This is not a ball game with a box score. The stats are for us to give a better opinion on who we think run the fight but judges do not use stats.

This fight is too close to say It's a Robbery either way. Was razor-thin

If you can't see Reyes landed more and better, you didn't pay attention, or you're in love with BBC. Didn Joe commented on the fact that judges weren't even watching the fight and were looking somewhere else? So there you have it. It's explained.

You clearly don't understand the rules either.......

Octagon control and aggression are only to be used as judging factors when striking/grappling exchanges are literally even. There was nothing EVEN about the striking in the first three rounds (quantity and quality). And there was zero grappling.

Read the rules mate.
I very clearly understand the rules yet you dont seem to understand your own confirmation bias. If you rewatched round 2 you would see nothing I have said is left field

I very clearly understand the rules yet you dont seem to understand your own confirmation bias. If you rewatched round 2 you would see nothing I have said is left field
You are a case study in self-projection.

You not respecting the unspoken rule of boxing and mma in that regard that is on you. Blaming it on me though I gotta blame the foggy window on the short bus you ride clouding your vision. I didnt make this up so dont cry to me about it. It is what it is

Lol... Im well aware of the Unsaid rule im saying it doesnt apply here ...

It applies to a round when not much happened and the question remains who performed alittle better and by rite the champ usually gets the nods in those rounds...as its on the challenger to out perform the champion decisively...

This is not the case for round 2 of reyes and jones...reyes performed better then jones in that round...with stats and jones's demeanor through out the first 3 rounds as proof..

Stop grasping at straws..it was either shitty or underhanded judging that gave jones the victory..thats about it..

I mean jones himself said he was interested in giving reyes a rematch..why would a champion who was in such control as you think he was..want to do a rematch when other contenders are coming??

If you can't see Reyes landed more and better, you didn't pay attention, or you're in love with BBC. Didn Joe commented on the fact that judges weren't even watching the fight and were looking somewhere else? So there you have it. It's explained.
This isnt boxing newb and marginally outstriking a 13 time champ while getting the pace dictated on you more than half ain't a clear win or robbery. I shouldnt have to tell you these things

There's no bias, simply explaining the ACTUAL rules of scoring to you. Based on how MMA is supposed to be scored, you're a literal retard if you think Jones won the fight.

Reyes looked strong the first 2 minutes. Jones controlled the next 3 with only sparks from Reyes. Initially thought it was a robbery on first watch. It wasn't a robbery. We are just seeing Jon looking human in a close fight.

Everytime Jon is in a close fight it is that Jon is "human". It cant be that the other fighter is good and gave him a good fight right? Just like the Gus fight this fight could have also went the other way.

Let me guess you think that Jones also fought to Reyes strength and did it cause he didnt want to make the fight too easy? LOL at how dumb some people are.

Lol... Im well aware of the Unsaid rule im saying it doesnt apply here ...

It applies to a round when not much happened and the question remains who performed alittle better and by rite the champ usually gets the nods in those rounds...as its on the challenger to out perform the champion decisively...

This is not the case for round 2 of reyes and jones...reyes performed better then jones in that round...with stats and jones's demeanor through out the first 3 rounds as proof..

Stop grasping at straws..it was either shitty or underhanded judging that gave jones the victory..thats about it..

I mean jones himself said he was interested in giving reyes a rematch..why would a champion who was in such control as you think he was..want to do a rematch when other contenders are coming??
Let me keep it simple. He won and the more people that rewatch objectively will say the same. Hop on board friend

Everytime Jon is in a close fight it is that Jon is "human". It cant be that the other fighter is good and gave him a good fight right? Just like the Gus fight this fight could have also went the other way.

Let me guess you think that Jones also fought to Reyes strength and did it cause he didnt want to make the fight too easy? LOL at how dumb some people are.
Nah actually Dom fought a great close fight just not enough to take the strap and Jon looked human. This isnt that deep

Let me keep it simple. He won and the more people that rewatch objectively will say the same. Hop on board friend

Let me keep it simple. You have no idea what you're talking about and everybody is laughing at you. Grow a brain, friend.

This isnt boxing newb and marginally outstriking a 13 time champ while getting the pace dictated on you more than half ain't a clear win or robbery. I shouldnt have to tell you these things

You keep repeating this isn't boxing, but i'm literally talking about how fights in MMA are supposed to get judged. It's about outstriking or outgrappling your opponent. Octagon control and pressure are only relevant if everything else is equal and there is no way to tell who won. which in this case there is because one guy clearly outstruck the other. Your criteria isn't based on the official rules. And like i explained before, but you're making me repeat it because you're a fucking retard: you don't dictate shit if you fail at putting your opponent exactly where you want it. Jon doesn't want his opponent circling away from him, dodging and landing strikes. He wants him trapped, still, right in line of his strikes and takedowns, and that he didn't get. Youa ren't controlling shit if you're getting outstruck. You know what? Because control means having what you want. If you don't do what i want, i'm not controlling you. So Jon didn't control shit.

Let me keep it simple. You have no idea what you're talking about and everybody is laughing at you. Grow a brain, friend.
Well remove your non mma knowledge having ass from my thread. It's no longer a debate. You simply cannot discuss objectively. So enjoy that butthurt. AND STILL

Jones won the championship rounds but not as convincingly as Reyes won the others.

What does championship rounds mean? They are weighted collectively, are they not? If you win more rounds than your opponent, your'e supposed to win the fight

That text is missing hits. For instance Rayes lands a big inside leg kick in the last 10 seconds that make Jones lose balance. One the biggest impacts of the round. Funny how it's left out here.
I didn’t base my opinion off of that PBP. But seen they did give it to him. Showing how close it was

i mean. i guess.

clearly reyes won 1/3 and jones won 4/5

so whatever you think of 2 decides it
whats crazy is so many people on social media seem to think it was the 3rd round and not the second that was close.

Lmao...

Imagine just glazing over facts and coming back with this as answer lol..

RightSinfulAdeliepenguin-max-1mb.gif

You keep repeating this isn't boxing, but i'm literally talking about how fights in MMA are supposed to get judged. It's about outstriking or outgrappling your opponent. Octagon control and pressure are only relevant if everything else is equal and there is no way to tell who won. which in this case there is because one guy clearly outstruck the other. Your criteria isn't based on the official rules. And like i explained before, but you're making me repeat it because you're a fucking retard: you don't dictate shit if you fail at putting your opponent exactly where you want it. Jon doesn't want his opponent circling away from him, dodging and landing strikes. He wants him trapped, still, right in line of his strikes and takedowns, and that he didn't get. Youa ren't controlling shit if you're getting outstruck. You know what? Because control means having what you want. If you don't do what i want, i'm not controlling you. So Jon didn't control shit.
If you thought I read all of that friend you are sadly mistaken and I want to save you some time because I'm a nice guy lol. Have a nice day

Getting outstruck by the cleaner, harder puncher 33-22 does not = winning the round.

Back