Rewatched Cruz vs Garbrandt...Much closer than people seem to think and Cruz won imo

Some of the rounds were closer when i rewatched it. I just dont see how you can justify a cruz scorecard

Oh I stand corrected. 9 whole people. You must definitely have a point if you found 9 people.
>Says no one agrees with me and that's why my opinion is bad
>When confronted with facts that objectively kill his main argument proceeds to change his narrative to "It's not enough people"

>Says no one agrees with me and that's why my opinion is bad
>When confronted with facts that objectively kill his main argument proceeds to change his narrative to "It's not enough people"

9 whole people lol

RD 1-Cruz
RD 2-Cruz
RD 3- Cody
RD 4-Cody (here some people say they scored 10-8, yes he had a knockdown but he didn't follow up with much more and Cruz immediately recovered and got back to his feet, clear round for Cody though)
RD 5-Cruz

48-47 Cruz, if you give round 4 a 10-8 for Cody this fight would be a draw and Cruz would have defended regardless...

Discuss
First I read this thread and thought you were retarded. Then I looked at MMADecisions and saw every media scored it for Garbrandt, and thought for sure you were retarded. And then I took a closer look at the scorecards.

Round 1: 2/3 judges scored it for Cruz
Round 2: 2/3 judges scored it for Cruz
Round 3: Unanimous Garbrandt
Round 4: Unanimous Garbrandt (2/3 had it 10-8)
Round 5: 2/3 judges scored it for Cruz

http://mmadecisions.com/decision/7616/Cody-Garbrandt-vs-Dominick-Cruz

1, 2, 5 Cruz isn't crazy at all. Props to OP for making this thread. With that said, Garbrandt won the fight.

First I read this thread and thought you were retarded. Then I looked at MMADecisions and saw every media scored it for Garbrandt, and thought for sure you were retarded. And then I took a closer look at the scorecards.

1, 2, 5 Cruz isn't crazy at all.
People here probably never rewatched the fight. They are quick to judge without any decent argumnents just insults. They remember Cody dancing and the knockdowns and they based the WHOLE fight as that. I even said round 4 could very well be a 10-8 for Cody, but even then it would be a draw and Cruz would have retained the belt.

Cruz 1,2,5 imo

9 whole people lol

1, 2, 5 Cruz isn't crazy at all. Props to OP for making this thread. With that said, Garbrandt won the fight.
Hilarious how this post just popped right after yours.

Rewatch the fight you bum. Cruz 1,2,5.

TS needs new glasses and a large glass of reality...Cody won the fight and he won it comfortably. There was zero controversy with the decision on fight night. The belt went to Cody. Cruz admitted that Cody won. What's next, are you going to tell us you were an alien in a prior life and helped build the Pyramids?
TS probably thinks ngannou beat Stipe as well

TS probably thinks ngannou beat Stipe as well
You're just proving my point, that people think the fight was this one side beatdown total domination. Rewatch it and come back to me my son

RD 1-Cruz
RD 2-Cruz
RD 3- Cody
RD 4-Cody (here some people say they scored 10-8, yes he had a knockdown but he didn't follow up with much more and Cruz immediately recovered and got back to his feet, clear round for Cody though)
RD 5-Cruz

48-47 Cruz, if you give round 4 a 10-8 for Cody this fight would be a draw and Cruz would have defended regardless...

Discuss

You would be the perfect mma judge, blind as a bat buddy.

I’ve watched this fight a few times and i have to completely disagree with you, Cody dominated the dominator. Even Cruz in all of his arrogance knew he clearly lost this fight. If that doesn’t tell you, i don’t know what else will.

48-46 for cody is the correct result. I could see someone arguing 48-47 Cody, but i can't see someone giving the fight to Dom.

either way, the fight wasn't some one sided beat down like people on here mske it out to be.

It was another case of a challenger vastly outperforming expectations, which leads to people viewing it as a domination.

It was closer than many think. Not as close when Dillashaw beat Cruz though.;)

You're just proving my point, that people think the fight was this one side beatdown total domination. Rewatch it and come back to me my son
I have rewatched the fight, and while it wasn't a complete domination, c'mon man. Cruz definitely got beat that night. He's never fought that desperate before, he knew he was losing. The showboating was funny, and it sure doesn't add points towards Cody. But he wasn't struggling with Cruz.

Judging by how absurd your opinion is, I'm not sure you can think at all.

779367cbeaaef28b629d619ffc16467e.png

Well, according to that poll 32.6% of the voters thought Cruz won the first, 68% that he won the second and 81% that he won the 5th. 48-47 Cruz should not sound that absurd to anyone. If Cruz arguably won rounds 1, 2 and 5th 10-9 then you can say he arguably beat Cody 48-47. The fight is just a lot easier to score for Cody since all the rounds Cruz won could be scored for Cody as well, but not the other way around.

This is a case where the fight was not as close as the cards may indicate. Cruz had nothing for Cody that night. I cannot stand Cody but he schooled Dom up.

This fight was kinda like GSP/Hendricks. I think it was so surprising that the underdog was shutting down the champ and landing more damage, that you naturally assume that the challenger won was ease.

Then I rewatched both fights and I can definitely see how GSP won taking into account round scoring and removing the surprise factor.

While Cruz/Gar was closer on second viewing, based in criteria scoring of each round, Garbrandt won definitively. You have to give round 4 a 10-8. They even changed the rules to be more liberal with 10-8 rounds. If you knock someone down twice in a round and school them for the full 5 minutes, you have to give them the 10-8.

The big factor in all these close fights is the same issue: the challenger thinks he's won the fight going into the fifth, coasts it and gives it away. Fucking Hendricks did this for THREE title fights in a row and it cost him 2 of them.

Lol Hendricks has to be the slowest learner in MMA.

Well, according to that poll 32.6% of the voters thought Cruz won the first, 68% that he won the second and 81% that he won the 5th. 48-47 Cruz should not sound that absurd to anyone. If Cruz arguably won rounds 1, 2 and 5th 10-9 then you can say he arguably beat Cody 48-47. The fight is just a lot easier to score for Cody since all the rounds Cruz won could be scored for Cody as well, but not the other way around.
What you did is the definition of hand picking information to forward an invalid point.

Conveniently, you skipped out on the most glaring obvious stat there -- 77% of people voting round 4 a 10-8. So areguably, at worst, if you ignore the lopsided scoring in the earlier rounds, at best it was a draw. And that's not plausible if you take into account 2/3 of people thought he lost round one.

So there's nothing about those stats that would indicate anyone thought Cruz won.

also stop trolling the heavies with this crap

So absurd that you've been unable to refute it.

You did so much thinking that you turned to other people's opinions in place of forming your own.

Actually I'm one of those "other" peoples, since I submitted a fan scorecard myself when that fight happened. So no, it's not other people's opinions, it's my opinion that the vast majority of other people just happen to share

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back