Rewatched Cruz vs Garbrandt...Much closer than people seem to think and Cruz won imo

People here probably never rewatched the fight. They are quick to judge without any decent argumnents just insults. They remember Cody dancing and the knockdowns and they based the WHOLE fight as that. I even said round 4 could very well be a 10-8 for Cody, but even then it would be a draw and Cruz would have retained the belt.

Cruz 1,2,5 imo

Hilarious how this post just popped right after yours.

Rewatch the fight you bum. Cruz 1,2,5.

This is exactly what’s wrong with MMA scoring. People get so caught up I saying “X” fighter won by giving them all of the close rounds because that’s who they were rooting for

No it wasn't. TJ vs Cruz was a close fight, Garbrandt vs Cruz was a one sided beat down.

Cruz got busted up, dropped over and over, and danced on in the cage... lol homie got schooled by necktats, accept it and move on.

Actually I'm one of those "other" peoples, since I submitted a fan scorecard myself when that fight happened. So no, it's not other people's opinions, it's my opinion that the vast majority of other people just happen to share
Nope.

First, you didn't explain your opinion. You just posted that it is your opinion. If that's what you were really doing, your picture would just be "you're wrong because it isn't what i think". What you should be saying is "i think you are wrong because...". But you've thus far failed to do that.

Second, if you were just posting about YOUR opinion, you chose a very weird way of doing it; what relevance do all those other numbers have? Why didn't you just post a quick sentence saying "You are wrong because I scored it for Cody". If that's really what you were saying with the picture then you communicated extremely ineffectively; you might have been one of the people who scored it for Cruz.

Of course, we both know you're full of shit. You posted that pic to present other people's opinions. And at no point have you refuted TS's points. You've dodged one of my points. And you'll probably continue to dodge. And the worst thing is, you probably legitimately have a learning disability, so I'm unlikely to be able to teach you anything, and you'll stay as you are.

Nope.

First, you didn't explain your opinion. You just posted that it is your opinion. If that's what you were really doing, your picture would just be "you're wrong because it isn't what i think". What you should be saying is "i think you are wrong because...". But you've thus far failed to do that.

Second, if you were just posting about YOUR opinion, you chose a very weird way of doing it; what relevance do all those other numbers have? Why didn't you just post a quick sentence saying "You are wrong because I scored it for Cody". If that's really what you were saying with the picture then you communicated extremely ineffectively; you might have been one of the people who scored it for Cruz.

Of course, we both know you're full of shit. You posted that pic to present other people's opinions. And at no point have you refuted TS's points. You've dodged one of my points. And you'll probably continue to dodge. And the worst thing is, you probably legitimately have a learning disability, so I'm unlikely to be able to teach you anything, and you'll stay as you are.

You spent alot of time writing something so easily debunked.

In all things the path of least resistance is the preferred method. I was easier for me to show OP that the vast vast majority believe Garbrandt won than to break down bit by bit why I as one single person thought he won.

The vast majority of MMA fan's opinion is usually more valuable than a single individual

This is exactly what’s wrong with MMA scoring. People get so caught up I saying “X” fighter won by giving them all of the close rounds because that’s who they were rooting for

More likely people are inclined to judge a fight as a whole and not round by round and in that case fighters like Cody who drop Cruz multiple times are going to be seen as the winner

You spent alot of time writing something so easily debunked.

In all things the path of least resistance is the preferred method. I was easier for me to show OP that the vast vast majority believe Garbrandt won than to break down bit by bit why I as one single person thought he won.

The vast majority of MMA fan's opinion is usually more valuable than a single individual
I spent as much time as was necessary to say how you fucked up. If it's easily "debunked", then maybe "debunk" it? I want you to quote a statement I made, then explain how it's false. I predict that you won't do it.

Of course it's easier for you to use others than to think for yourself. Now you're finally admitting that that's what you were doing. You were relying on others' opinions rather than explaining your own opinion. It may be easier, but is it actually better? Isn't it a bit defeatist, i.e. "I know I'm not the best so I'll trust what other people think instead"? Once upon a time, the majority of people were religious. Once upon a time, the majority thought the world was flat. It's much better to be capable of explaning yourself than to hide behind others. You must be a fan of ad hominem arguments?

Your last sentence makes no sense. Which MMA fan's opinion? Which parts of his or her opinion are more valuable, and which parts aren't? And what do you mean by more valuable than a single individual? They themselves are a single individual. Why is the opinion of this MMA fan you speak of more valuable than this single individual you speak of? Can you identify these two people for me?

Back