Rewatched Cruz vs Garbrandt...Much closer than people seem to think and Cruz won imo

DS7

Bangkok Ready
@red
Reaction score
RD 1-Cruz
RD 2-Cruz
RD 3- Cody
RD 4-Cody (here some people say they scored 10-8, yes he had a knockdown but he didn't follow up with much more and Cruz immediately recovered and got back to his feet, clear round for Cody though)
RD 5-Cruz

48-47 Cruz, if you give round 4 a 10-8 for Cody this fight would be a draw and Cruz would have defended regardless...

Discuss

I haven't watched in a few months but I remember Cody winning 3 rounds pretty easily, I wasn't upset with the decision and I was rooting for Cruz at that time.

Round 4 was a 10-8 and Cody won round 1.

That's a 48-46 for Garbrandt, 48-47 at best (or worst, depending on where you're standing, lol). Pretty clear win for No Love and I think even Dominick himself would agree.

Last edited:
Cody literally toyed with him, and let him get up from multiple knockdowns. There is no way cruz won.

Round 4 was a 10-8 and Cody won round 1.

That's a 48-46 for Garbrandt.
How did Cody win round 1? Cruz more leg kicks, both got a takedown and Cruz more overall strikes. One of the judges gave him that round tho

I was much closer than people remember that is true

But there is no way in hell Cruz won that fight and Dom would tell you that himself

<{cruzshake}>

Cody definitely did more damage. The dude hits like a truck.

Cruz did land more according to fightmetric but Cody got a takedown.

Under the current scoring rules it could have been a shocker.

rIOAiyl.jpg

RD 1-Cruz
RD 2-Cruz
RD 3- Cody
RD 4-Cody (here some people say they scored 10-8, yes he had a knockdown but he didn't follow up with much more and Cruz immediately recovered and got back to his feet, clear round for Cody though)
RD 5-Cruz

48-47 Cruz, if you give round 4 a 10-8 for Cody this fight would be a draw and Cruz would have defended regardless...

Discuss
Delusional.

First time I've ever heard this decision being controversial

Cody definitely did more damage. The dude hits like a truck.

Cruz did land more according to fightmetric but Cody got a takedown.

Under the current scoring rules it could have been a shocker.

rIOAiyl.jpg
More damage doesn't mean he shouldve won. GSP's face after the Shields fight was a mess and he still 50-45'ed his ass.

In round 1 for example Cruz kicked the shit out of Cody's legs. More damage than Cody's punches? No but the points are still scored

Cruz didn't win, and what you think is irrelevant. The man stood in front of all us, and admitted defeat. He lost. LOL

More damage doesn't mean he shouldve won. GSP's face after the Shields fight was a mess and he still 50-45'ed his ass.

In round 1 for example Cruz kicked the shit out of Cody's legs. More damage than Cody's punches? No but the points are still scored

You might be the only guy on the planet who thinks Cruz won

lmfao

?

That's what I was saying. Not sure if you thought I was disagreeing...

?

That's what I was saying. Not sure if you thought I was disagreeing...
Didn't read your last sentence properly, apologies my fellow sherbro

War CoGar

#TeamCringe
#NeckTats
#Autism

Back