News Revised List of The Highest Selling PPVs of All Time

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/14695763/best-selling-fights-paul-askren/amp/

https://www.tapology.com/search/mma-event-figures/ppv-pay-per-view-buys-buyrate

4LGkhzZ.jpg

MR-BOXING-PPV-COMP.jpg

I hate to say it, but Jake Paul did in the vicinity of sales of prime Floyd and Mike Tyson despite fighting below amateur level boxers with decent name recognition. Him vs Conor Mcgregor might be the biggest fight in combat sports history.
Mayweather involved in 15 million ppvs sold that's crazy. Tyson second with 8.5 ish. I wonder what alis numbers would have looked like if all things were relative. I'd say atleast double if not more than floyd. Not only did he have very high profile fights, but he had so many title fights and even as he started to lose everybody wanted to watch him.

Jake Paul vs BJ Penn is gonna be a cracker

race is a factor. just like it is with conor too.
come on now. i mean the fact that the paul's are even famous is due to that in a large part.

the others on the list are up there DESPITE their race. not because of.
you really don't get the point do you. what I'm saying is if Tyson, Floyd, Pac were white and accomplished the same in boxing the buys would be WAY HIGHER.

conversely conor and jake paul would be much less popular if not for their skin color.

It's beautiful how you can make that shit up all day.

Meanwhile, Marciano is looked super down because he didn't fit the "slick black American HW" paradigm, despite his accomplishments.

No one give a shit about the Klichkos. In fact the HW class became uncool under their reign.

Even Fury, with an skill set never seen in someone his size, his Movie persona, his trash talk etc, has been larguely ignored outside Britain before Wilder II, and still today is not really a mainstream name.

But hey, Hollywood brought "Fat City" and "The Great White Hype" so it must be true.

Last edited:
No one give a shit about the Klichkos. In fact the HW class became uncool under their reign.

I'm pretty sure you know why no one gave a shit about them.

Meanwhile, Marciano is looked super down because he didn't fit the "slick black American HW" paradigm, despite his accomplisments.

Yeah, totally looked down upon. No one even knows who the guy is I bet.

Tyson's PPV numbers are the most impressive, given the PPV universe was so much smaller at the time. They all probably break 2.5mil today

Tyson's PPV numbers are the most impressive, given the PPV universe was so much smaller at the time. They all probably break 2.5mil today

Back then PPV was all people had, there was no illegal streaming or downloading shit the next day. Numbers would be far less today imho if Tyson just started boxing and had the same match ups. There also wasn't competition back then, today you might have a UFC event on the same night as a big boxing card. And now some sort of shitshow like Triller the same night even.

Mayweather involved in 15 million ppvs sold that's crazy. Tyson second with 8.5 ish. I wonder what alis numbers would have looked like if all things were relative. I'd say atleast double if not more than floyd. Not only did he have very high profile fights, but he had so many title fights and even as he started to lose everybody wanted to watch him.
here's what wikipedia has:

kXYfrod.jpg

Yeah, totally looked down upon. No one even knows who the guy is I bet.
Marciano is totally looked down. Only in this century the narrative that he was a lesser champion, relying only on punching power and chin; that only became one in the first place due to the poor level of the time (Despite his incredible accomplishments and records) has been challenged by the "revisionists".

Last edited:

Thrilla in Manilla was watched by a global audience estimated at a billion people, it would have been off the charts.

Fake news...if 2 PPVs are tied for 10th place, that means it's the TOP 11 PPVs of all time.

Sorry TS, semantics guy here. lol
Forget about that.What about when a list has two entries at like number 3 and then the idiots continue at number 4!

So if you take all of Tyson's PPV's (not just the listed ones) he crushes the competition. Biggest draw ever. And back in the 80's and 90's. His numbers would be out of this world today. Does make sense, he was more popular than Conor or Floyd. Well, Ali was really the biggest draw ever, but back then the platforms for it weren't there.

Millions? How cute.

• September 15, 1978: Muhammad Ali vs. Leon Spinks II
    Estimated audience — 2 billion
  • October 2, 1980: Muhammad Ali vs. Larry Holmes: The Last Hurrah
    Estimated audience — 2 billion
  • June 26, 1976: Muhammad Ali vs. Antonio Inoki
    Estimated audience — 1.4 billion
  • October 30, 1974: Muhammad Ali vs. George Foreman: The Rumble in the Jungle
    Estimated audience — 1 billion
  • October 1, 1975: Muhammad Ali vs. Joe Frazier III: Thrilla in Manila
    Estimated audience — 1 billion

Maybe the UFC and boxing should abandon the PPV model in favor of broadcasting it for free to a much larger audience and making money from advertisers wanting to reach all those eyeballs. A typical 3 hour UFC broadcast contains only 50-55 minutes of fight time on average. That leaves plenty of time for commercials.

How true is this.
Boxing, you want to get back to what it once was???
UFC, you want to grow the sport even more???
Here's your answer.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/14695763/best-selling-fights-paul-askren/amp/

4LGkhzZ.jpg

MR-BOXING-PPV-COMP.jpg

I hate to say it, but Jake Paul did in the vicinity of sales of prime Tyson and Floyd despite fighting below amateur level boxers with decent name recognition. Him vs Conor Mcgregor might be the biggest fight in combat sports history.

Started off as a comedy 15 years ago, now it's a documentary and we are living in it

917r7Tukf6L._SY500_.jpg

The only logical next step is Jake Paul vs Floyd Mayweather

5 Million buys easy

Some PPV producers only tally buys monthly, etc. Hence the delay. I'd take the 1.5 million buy number with a huge grain of salt, even at reduced price
He said it did 1.3M on impulsive podcast and changed it later to 1.5

4LGkhzZ.jpg

MR-BOXING-PPV-COMP.jpg

I hate to say it, but Jake Paul did in the vicinity of sales of prime Tyson and Floyd despite fighting below amateur level boxers with decent name recognition. Him vs Conor Mcgregor might be the biggest fight in combat sports history.
I'm surprised to see Tyson on there at all. His early fights including title win were all on basic cable and when PPV firs started most people watched fights at bars or a buddy's place who's dad had illegal satellite TV. I can't recall a need to buy a PPV before 2013

Back