News Revised List of The Highest Selling PPVs of All Time

Brodie

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/14695763/best-selling-fights-paul-askren/amp/

https://www.tapology.com/search/mma-event-figures/ppv-pay-per-view-buys-buyrate

4LGkhzZ.jpg

MR-BOXING-PPV-COMP.jpg

I hate to say it, but Jake Paul did in the vicinity of sales of prime Tyson and Floyd despite fighting below amateur level boxers with decent name recognition. Him vs Conor Mcgregor might be the biggest fight in combat sports history.

Last edited:
When is he going to challenge someone in his own weight class? He's a 6'+, 191 lb guy who seems to only want to fight 155 & 170 lb guys that aren't actually boxers.

Fake news...if 2 PPVs are tied for 10th place, that means it's the TOP 11 PPVs of all time.

Sorry TS, semantics guy here. lol

jake paul vs floyd would be huge. big size difference though, would a commission sanction it ? i suppose with that type of money no one would care.

I don't think race is a factor, the vast majority of the guys on that list are black.

come on now. i mean the fact that the paul's are even famous is due to that in a large part.

the others on the list are up there DESPITE their race. not because of.

What’s funny is how quick he has the Ppv buys. When it’s UFC or other events takes weeks to get the numbers

Millions? How cute.

• September 15, 1978: Muhammad Ali vs. Leon Spinks II
    Estimated audience — 2 billion
  • October 2, 1980: Muhammad Ali vs. Larry Holmes: The Last Hurrah
    Estimated audience — 2 billion
  • June 26, 1976: Muhammad Ali vs. Antonio Inoki
    Estimated audience — 1.4 billion
  • October 30, 1974: Muhammad Ali vs. George Foreman: The Rumble in the Jungle
    Estimated audience — 1 billion
  • October 1, 1975: Muhammad Ali vs. Joe Frazier III: Thrilla in Manila
    Estimated audience — 1 billion

Maybe the UFC and boxing should abandon the PPV model in favor of broadcasting it for free to a much larger audience and making money from advertisers wanting to reach all those eyeballs. A typical 3 hour UFC broadcast contains only 50-55 minutes of fight time on average. That leaves plenty of time for commercials.

Cmon there isn't exact numbers? Seems like it wouldn't be hard to calculate that these days.

Back