REVIEW: DATSUSARA Bag In-Depth Review

Charles, we got your email about shipping a prototype to Canada, the short answer is we can do that but it would cost about another $20 for the shipping since that is what it costs us at a minimum to get it to you. I emailed you but it got sent back twice, but I also figured other Canadians might want to know here anyway.

I have a few odd bags and prototypes for sale again PM me if you want one. One thing I ask is that you don't go around showing these off without explaining that they are not proper final designs or materials. So, for those of you interested, here is the list (free shipping on all of these):

Prototypes:

1 Battlepack-1 Cotton canvas rather than hemp, no logo and one big main back pocket rather than 2 longer smaller ones. $30

1 Battlepack-1 Cotton Canvas and slightly darker logo. $35

1 Battlepack-1 Cotton Canvas and no logo or side mesh pockets plus attachment rings are plastic and there is more nylon backing inside (our first prototype). $25

1 Pro Gear Bag-2 Cotton canvas and no shoulder strap $30

1 Pro Gear Bag-1 (LGB-1) No Bottom insert to make the bottom stiff and frayed netting on the outside (something we fixed on the new version to be much stronger) pockets $30 (hemp)

I hate to have these just sitting here when someone could be using them as a very nice budget bag so let me know asap if you want one, first come first serve.

Thanks.

the pgb2 w/o shoulder strap hemp and the bp-1 hemp are now taken and off the list but i added one more cotton BP to the list.

Prototypes:

1 Battlepack-1 Cotton canvas rather than hemp, no logo and one big main back pocket rather than 2 longer smaller ones. Slightly thinner canvas as well. $20

1 Pro Gear Bag-2 Cotton canvas and no shoulder strap and no bottom board so it's more like a duffel $30

update: that is what is left of the prototypes, the rest shipped out

Prototypes:

1 Battlepack-1 Cotton canvas rather than hemp, no logo and one big main back pocket rather than 2 longer smaller ones. Slightly thinner canvas as well. $20

1 Pro Gear Bag-2 Cotton canvas and no shoulder strap and no bottom board so it's more like a duffel $30

update: that is what is left of the prototypes, the rest shipped out

Man, I'm glad I got in on this.:D Your bags look perfect for what we need them for, and no one else makes anything like it. Can't wait till I get it, which shouldn't be long since you shipped so f'n fast. I'm surprised they weren't all gone the first day you posted it. Thanks again.

Man, I'm glad I got in on this.:D Your bags look perfect for what we need them for, and no one else makes anything like it. Can't wait till I get it, which shouldn't be long since you shipped so f'n fast. I'm surprised they weren't all gone the first day you posted it. Thanks again.

you are quite welcome. i really do wish we could sell the new bags for less. hopefully we'll get some big funding someday soon and we can order 1k at a time and then get some lower prices so that more of you can afford them. i want every man, woman and child to have one by 2012! or at least every MMA practitioner :)

Mine should be here monday.

Ive never been this excited about a bag before haha

me too, its pretty funny how often i check my mailbox... i order the bag + the gi :)

lets see :)

I was excited after reading this review, but once the bag got here, I was even more pleased.

Great f'ing product man.

I have very comfortably fit the following into the bag, well organized and with room to spare:

Mouthguard and case
2 pair of shinguards
1 pair 16 oz gloves
1 pair 4 oz gloves
1 hard cup and strap
1 compression shorts and shock cup
2 pair of hand wraps
sparring headgear
1 pair forearm shields
spare shirt, pants, and underwear

Did i mention there is still plenty of room, just because this bag makes it so easy to organize. I am moving from a much larger duffel bag, and although not as large as the old bag of mine, it does the job much better.

I like the red logos in this version, it makes the bag stand out.

WELL DONE GOOD SIR!!

Just ordered the gi, will review it when I get it.

BTW the gi is listed as on sale for $89, but when you check out it says $94 dollars.

Didnt stop me from buying it, just making you aware.

I was excited after reading this review, but once the bag got here, I was even more pleased.

Great f'ing product man.

I have very comfortably fit the following into the bag, well organized and with room to spare:

Mouthguard and case
2 pair of shinguards
1 pair 16 oz gloves
1 pair 4 oz gloves
1 hard cup and strap
1 compression shorts and shock cup
2 pair of hand wraps
sparring headgear
1 pair forearm shields
spare shirt, pants, and underwear

Did i mention there is still plenty of room, just because this bag makes it so easy to organize. I am moving from a much larger duffel bag, and although not as large as the old bag of mine, it does the job much better.

I like the red logos in this version, it makes the bag stand out.

WELL DONE GOOD SIR!!

Just ordered the gi, will review it when I get it.

BTW the gi is listed as on sale for $89, but when you check out it says $94 dollars.

Didnt stop me from buying it, just making you aware.

Thanks so much bro, I love that people are gettiung some quality gear from us :)

I'll fix the gi price soon, sorry about that, I'll send you a hemp/cotton t-shirt to make up for it :)

Codell, do you have the backpack bag in stock? I've been using nylon bags for so long and they always inevitably tear. I got my last bag from ringside in October and it's already ripping in 3 or 4 different places. After reading these reviews and seeing your awesome customer service, I think I'm ready to get one of your bags. If it's a quality product, it's definitely worth spending a little extra money to get something that is going to last forever. Also, I'm always willing to support companies with great customer support. Just let me know if it's in stock and I'll probably place an order tonight.

Codell, do you have the backpack bag in stock? I've been using nylon bags for so long and they always inevitably tear. I got my last bag from ringside in October and it's already ripping in 3 or 4 different places. After reading these reviews and seeing your awesome customer service, I think I'm ready to get one of your bags. If it's a quality product, it's definitely worth spending a little extra money to get something that is going to last forever. Also, I'm always willing to support companies with great customer support. Just let me know if it's in stock and I'll probably place an order tonight.

yep, the Pro Gear Bag and the Battlepack are both in stock, if the website doesn't say out or on pre-order that means we have them in so please do order and i'll get that shipped out tomorrow for you.

my marketing guy was just talking about how we should tell people that even if a Datsusara bag rips the great thing is that you can fix it up since it isn't that nylon junk and won't start tearing all over. Of course the chances of our bag ever ripping are very rare indeed :)

sounds great dude, just placed my order now. very excited to receive your product!

codell, do you guys provide tracking numbers for your items? just wondering, i'm super excited to get my back and i wanna know when it should arrive.

Both times I ordered I did not get a tracking # (got the original bag for myself as a Christmas present last year and the battlepack a couple of weeks ago). Both times I had the bag within 5 days of ordering the last of which I ordered a Thursday evening of a holiday weekend and had it Tuesday.

I could not be more pleased with either purchase!

codell, do you guys provide tracking numbers for your items? just wondering, i'm super excited to get my back and i wanna know when it should arrive.

you should be getting tracking #'s from FedEx with all orders, check you junk mail perhaps and if you don't see something let me know. but yes they will get there fast, within about 5 days of the order. :)

you should be getting tracking #'s from FedEx with all orders, check you junk mail perhaps and if you don't see something let me know. but yes they will get there fast, within about 5 days of the order. :)

did any of you get tracking #'s or alerts? it would be sent to the email that you used with Paypal for the purchase, and I would like to make sure the system isn't broken. Thanks.

I went through all my folders and didn't receive a tracking number.

I got a #, no problems what-so-ever. Received it faster than I ever expected...

Back