Respect to Stipe Miocic for defending his title right away and not giving a F about money fights

Go and look it up, he wanted to take a break and he said match everybody up while he rests them all and fight the winner.
I didn't see him griping about it when the UFC gave him something other than what he made a request for. I didn't see a lot of 'entitlement' out of him. He made a request, they said no and offered him something else and took it in stride from what I saw. Perhaps woodley needs to do the same. I was fine with him trying to get something he wanted. But the UFC said no, and he needs to move on now.

Go and look it up, he wanted to take a break and he said match everybody up while he rests them all and fight the winner.
How? He accepted a rematch that the UFC gifted to cain. Cain pulled out, and so did werdum after as he was also injured. But was willing to fight through it if it was against Cain as he had been spending months preparing for him. But wasn't willing to fight someone else injured on short notice. Seemed pretty reasonable too me, seeing as he still gave that same guy his shot just not on short notice when Werdum was injured.

Correct @Tormund. Here you go @Dorkman (interesting choice of username btw) here's the interview confirming what i've said about Werdum in OP:
1:40

Its just nice to see the HW belt defended. Cain and Werdum held that shit hostage for years and damn near ruined the division.

Correct @Tormund. Here you go @Dorkman (interesting choice of username btw) here's the interview confirming what i've said about Werdum in OP:
1:40

I do remember the ire over him saying he wanted to wait for a while before fighting, now that I watch through this again. I just didn't really find the situations all that comparable I guess where he wasn't trying to cherry pick specific opponents. He was down to fight whoever the best was, just wanted some time first. Which obviously a lot of people did not like. Where as guys like Woodley, were expecting the number 1 contender to fight, while they took other fights at the same time as them having to fight. Thanks for the video reference though.

In an era where champions feel too entitled, Stipe Miocic is a bit of fresh air.
I love Werdum but when he won the belt, he decided to sit on the shelf for 8 months. He wasn't injured or anything, just wanted a break. I respect that, but what i like even more is what Stipe is about. Win the belt and get right back in there.
Against the most credible, the most dangerous challenger in the HW division too.

Thats becuase there are ZERO money fights at HW.

In an era where champions feel too entitled, Stipe Miocic is a bit of fresh air.
I love Werdum but when he won the belt, he decided to sit on the shelf for 8 months. He wasn't injured or anything, just wanted a break. I respect that, but what i like even more is what Stipe is about. Win the belt and get right back in there.
Against the most credible, the most dangerous challenger in the HW division too.
It's dumb to talk about "an era of entitled champions" when the UFC controls everything and constantly manipulates the rankings and postpones title fights as they please so long as it suits business interests.

2 straight wins against dangerous fighters in The Pitbull and Werdum. Pretty crazy if he finishes the Reem

It's dumb to talk about "an era of entitled champions" when the UFC controls everything and constantly manipulates the rankings and postpones title fights as they please so long as it suits business interests.
The UFC controls shit. They used to, but they don't have as much power anymore. Fighters are getting smarter.

Knowledge is powa my brotha.

you could say the same thing about literally any champ not named conor mcgregor and tyron woodley. I didnt see Holly or Miesha sitting out waiting for Ronda, Lawler didnt ask for GSP or a rematch with Condit, Rockhold didnt wait for Weidman or ask for Silva and RDA fought Alvarez on fight pass for christ sake.

Woodley and Conor are the exceptions and both deserve to be stripped of their belts if this shit continues

Bisbing? Nunes?

Exactly who would he call out for money fight? Fedor?

I mean Reem is top draw HW in UFC right now. So he's actually getting the money fight. I for one don't want Fedor crippled. Dude should have retired 10 yrs ago.

Bisbing? Nunes?

Bisping isnt ducking anyone hes simply fighting the guy the ufc thinks will sell the most ppv's and nunes just won the title i think its a little early to make any assumptions about her intentions

There actually isn't a money fight at HW other than Brock though. Stipe vs Brock would probably net Stipe over a mil but Brock probably gonna be out for a while. Maybe sign Fedor so Stipe can get himself a nice KO win over a big name but that's a fight that would probably lead to accessory to murder charges for Joe Silva, Dana and the Ferts.

Bisping isnt ducking anyone hes simply fighting the guy the ufc thinks will sell the most ppv's and nunes just won the title i think its a little early to make any assumptions about her intentions

No, just no. Bisbing was trying to sell a Hendo II fight, literally minutes after winning his title during the press conference. Any questions about Weidman, Romero, Rockhold, or Jacare were met with lukewarm responses or flat out refusing the fight (Romero, Rockhold II). Bisbing then went and did several interviews where he made it clear Dan Henderson was his favorite option.

Amandes Nunes said she wanted Ronda and thought Pena and Shevchenko should fight each other.

Back