Respect to Stipe Miocic for defending his title right away and not giving a F about money fights

Theres really no big money fights in the hw division plus he gets to defend it in his hometown

He's a boss. He could've went for a JDS rematch or "waited" for Cain/Browne.

He's fighting Reem. Who else could he ask for that would be a money fight?
Exactly what I was thinking. I guess maybe Cain, but then you always run the risk of him injuring himself, in which case it becomes a no money fight.

Stipe is the man. My second favorite HW fighter after Cain

Absolutely. It was thrilling to see Stipe take a fight so quickly, against the #1 contender, no less.

Get paid. The best way for a champ to do that is to fight tough competition and legitimize themselves as the best.

I was ecstatic when Werdum won the belt, but really disappointed when he sat out for a year. Fuck guys like that.

Guys like Werdum, Cain, Pettis.... I never want to see them near belts again.

They was suspended long after this fight was booked.
Yeah, but they both already had fights scheduled at that point. I just don't see how either one would have been an option.

Alistair Overeem is not only the rightful #1 contender, he's also a money fight. Win-win situation for Steepay.

Anyone, any where, any time

Truly the baddest man on the planet

Agreed, Werdum was trying to be Joe Silva when he won the belt. Happy his sloppy muay thai got exposed and he lost his belt.

that's why he destroyed badr hari in sparring?

Yeah, but they both already had fights scheduled at that point. I just don't see how either one would have been an option.
Stipe could've been like "im waiting for the winner" Like Alvarez is doing right now.

He doesnt even fight that often to begin with. Of course hes gonna defend it right away. He wants them PPV pts.

Stipe vs Conor...lets make it happen (under the right circumstances)

For as much crap as the Heavyweight division gets, for the most part they all get paid Reem Dos Santos had 3/4 of million bucks reported pay for a Fox card, hell even Barnett got 175 grand to fight Rothwell, Mir Hunt with over 300 grand to show for fight night Australia. For what many would say is one of the weaker divisions in UFC it is one of the most profitable for fighters ironically enough

Back