Respect to Stipe Miocic for defending his title right away and not giving a F about money fights

In an era where champions feel too entitled...

The fighters didn't make this anpolitical money grab, the promotion did. If you don't like fights based on money, rather than sport, you should be upset with the UFC, not Tyron Woodley.

Big Reem fan but Miocic deserves a ton of respect for taking this fight so quickly, hearing him being interviewed on Submission radio, getting married and putting his honeymoon on hold for this fight deserves respect and admiration

Werdum would have fought sooner if they didn't try to rematch him with broken Cain.

Stipe wants nothing to do with Junior or Rothwell. His choices are really Overeem or Cain.

I'm just wondering how long the Miocic Wagon lasts if he loses. A lot of you talking the tough talk here but so many of you were die-hard Werdum Fans until he humiliated himself.

Anyway I like Stipe, but I got Overeem on this one. Kudos to Stipe for being a real champ and taking the fight, but he's going to lose to Econoreem.

Stipe wants nothing to do with Junior or Rothwell. His choices are really Overeem or Cain.
I absolutely guarantee Stipe wants nothing more than to get a rematch with Junior

Rothwell would get embarrassed just like in the junior fight

And now he regrets it. If he would see Woodley and Eddie right now before signing the dotted line, he'd be calling out Fedor or Tank.

I can get behind this kind of thinking. Its annoying for fans when we have to wait six month minimum between title defences and it totally kills the momentum of the champ and the challengers. Tough to build fans like that.

I've often thought that one of the main reasons that Conor got as popular as he did was because he was just always around and top of mind. Didn't take much time off other than that one injury.

Props to him and all of that but Stipe is probably the most anonymous UFC champions since..I can't even rememeber who

I honestly cant even think of a single money fight at HW for Stipe to potentially seek out anyway..

Fedor ? lol

I don't have a problem with money fights, however, I have a problem with champions who aren't big names trying to ride off the big name of other fighters. Those fighters they've challenged established themselves by being champs and defending belts, or marketing the hell out of themselves. Go defend your title and build your name.

Agreed, Werdum was trying to be Joe Silva when he won the belt. Happy his sloppy muay thai got exposed and he lost his belt.
How? He accepted a rematch that the UFC gifted to cain. Cain pulled out, and so did werdum after as he was also injured. But was willing to fight through it if it was against Cain as he had been spending months preparing for him. But wasn't willing to fight someone else injured on short notice. Seemed pretty reasonable too me, seeing as he still gave that same guy his shot just not on short notice when Werdum was injured.

you could say the same thing about literally any champ not named conor mcgregor and tyron woodley. I didnt see Holly or Miesha sitting out waiting for Ronda, Lawler didnt ask for GSP or a rematch with Condit, Rockhold didnt wait for Weidman or ask for Silva and RDA fought Alvarez on fight pass for christ sake.

Woodley and Conor are the exceptions and both deserve to be stripped of their belts if this shit continues

Alvarez is waiting for Conor so he doesnt get airmailed by Khabib and Nunes doesnt want to fight Shevchenko so shes gonna wait like 2 more years for Ronda to come back.

How? He accepted a rematch that the UFC gifted to cain. Cain pulled out, and so did werdum after as he was also injured. But was willing to fight through it if it was against Cain as he had been spending months preparing for him. But wasn't willing to fight someone else injured on short notice. Seemed pretty reasonable too me, seeing as he still gave that same guy his shot just not on short notice when Werdum was injured.
Go and look it up, he wanted to take a break and he said match everybody up while he rests them all and fight the winner.

Back