Remember when ROUSEY said she could beat men and 75% of you believed it?

Nice AV.

How did you feel bro? I've been waiting to get on the laptop to find you :)

97095-sherlock-smiling-gif-benedict-u12r.gif

I wasn't the one in the cage so I guess I'm fine?

:>

you tried to tell us bro, but we wouldn't listen. now look at this mess we're in. only your knowledge and insight into female psychology can lead us back to the light
You thought she could lol

Why are you pulling numbers out of your ass? Only a tiny fraction of the most idiotic fans believed she could beat male fighters.
That is some revisionist shit. A lot of people on here thought she could compete with men her own size.

God this is pitiful, this whole "YEAH THIS IS A WIN FOR THE MEN!" demographic are the worst out of them all, what made the men or should I say boys here so insecure?

I don't believe anyone said that this was a win for men. It's simply a reality check for the delusional group who can't think for themselves and bought into the hype machine designed to promote WMMA.

Truthfully it depends on the man.

Could she beat a male Bantamweight on the UFC roster? No.

Could she beat Cain Velasquez? Hell no.

Could she beat Floyd Mayweather in MMA? If she got him to the ground, yes.

Could she beat an untrained man her size or smaller? Yes.

Could she beat an untrained man much bigger than her? It depends on the strength and athleticism of the man.

There's obviously a difference between saying she could beat up a 300 pound fat slob who hasn't lifted weights in his life and beating up an NFL running back who doesn't know Martial Arts but is exceptionally strong and fast.

I'm being realistic here and this response is more about the capability of female MMA fighters than Ronda Rousey. There is no shame in getting beaten by Holly Holm or Amanda Nunes. I personally thought she was going to lose both of those fights, especially if she tried to stand and strike with them. But let's not let those losses delude us in to thinking that female MMA fighters can't fight anyone but each other. Some women can beat some men under the right circumstances.

I'm all for a post history shaming and then a ban for the morons that did believe it,even now there's a few truly delusional idiots left here.

Remember when a 3rd of you thought she could beat 135 males? Rousey can't beat most men off the street unless their handicapped or horrible.

Did you mean the average, 135 males, off the street that aren't trained? Because I can see Honda beating the average pipsqueak who are 135 soaking wet and untrained. 150 would be more realistic though, because that's probably what Honda's natural weight is.

But shit, trained MMA fighters who are ranked 400 or worse, that will never set foot in the UFC (unless they buy a ticket), could beat the hell out of Honda. There's a gigantic gulf between men and women, when it comes to fighting.

I remember when Rogan said she could beat half of the mens bantamweight division. Almost 50% of the people here believed that. So many people here automatically latch on to hype and marketing. It's amusing to watch but also scary how gullible people are.

Sweet Jesus is your use of the written word terrible....

That is some revisionist shit. A lot of people on here thought she could compete with men her own size.

Vocal minority had you convinced they are large in numbers. Not too many people bought it.

No one who has actually trained with women believed that she could beat a professional male fighter.

And yet there was recent thread in which some people thought Cyborg could have won UFC 1. People believe what they want to believe.

She can beat men. She got bronze at the Olympics and is a former world champion in MMA. There is a big difference between professionally trained world champions and the average Joe regardless of gender. She likely can beat some low ranked 135lbs pro males as well. The average Joe with no training would have to have a significant size advantage to have a chance vs. her.

The Williams sisters lost 6-1 and 6-2 to the 203rd ranked male tennis player. The woman's 100 meter sprint record, a steroid time that no one woman has come close to in 30 years, is regularly beaten by high school boys. The Canadian national women's hockey time, four times Olympic gold medalists, plays practice games and loses more often than not against local 15-17 year old boy's teams (who aren't allowed to body check). The Swedish woman's soccer team, Olympic bronze medal winners, practiced and lost against 16 year old boys teams.

And you think Rousey is beating low ranked adult males? She'd have a chance against trained high school boys in the 15-17 year old range (there's a reason that the Canadian woman's hockey team went for that range, but doesn't practice against 18 year olds).

On the other hand, she'd tie most untrained men into knots all right. WMMA is great, I like the style and the dynamics. But pretending they're beating men is doing WMMA a disservice, and is often said by people who want to get rid of WMMA by forcing them to fight men (ie if women are competitive against men in sport, why have separate women's divisions?)

so long as she can use her world class striking and punch him in the back or the sciatica, rhonda takes it.

Yes. Thank God we have a few smart and knowledgeable posters left on this forum.

I remember when Rogan said she could beat half of the mens bantamweight division. Almost 50% of the people here believed that. So many people here automatically latch on to hype and marketing. It's amusing to watch but also scary how gullible people are.
if you grew up believing this shit.....

eVITZE6.gif

it's not such a stretch.

Back