Remember when ROUSEY said she could beat men and 75% of you believed it?

I still think she could beat most male fighters, just not top shelf male fighters. Basically she could easily handle the bottom 50% of male MMA fighters, but the upper tier ones would beat her. Remember, RR is fighting the absolute best women, not mediocre fighters.

Your out of your fking mind..go back to watching WWF and getting drunk Hawk

She can beat men. She got bronze at the Olympics and is a former world champion in MMA. There is a big difference between professionally trained world champions and the average Joe regardless of gender. She likely can beat some low ranked 135lbs pro males as well. The average Joe with no training would have to have a significant size advantage to have a chance vs. her.

All Rousey does is hip toss people..cut the bullshit.

75% = a third?
and nobody believed it idiot

she could still take about half of sherdog.

I guess I was one of the minority who wasn't on drugs and thought that was ridiculous and that she could probably beat most of the occupants of the geriatric ward.

Low ranked 135 males would blitz her easily. Alejandro perez is ranked # 32. He'd run right through rousey.

Being ranked 32 in the world is quite the feat. And the specific fighter you mentioned only lost 1 in his last 6 and five of those fights were in the UFC. This isn't exactly the type of fighter I was referring to.

The Williams sisters lost 6-1 and 6-2 to the 203rd ranked male tennis player. The woman's 100 meter sprint record, a steroid time that no one woman has come close to in 30 years, is regularly beaten by high school boys. The Canadian national women's hockey time, four times Olympic gold medalists, plays practice games and loses more often than not against local 15-17 year old boy's teams (who aren't allowed to body check). The Swedish woman's soccer team, Olympic bronze medal winners, practiced and lost against 16 year old boys teams.

And you think Rousey is beating low ranked adult males? She'd have a chance against trained high school boys in the 15-17 year old range (there's a reason that the Canadian woman's hockey team went for that range, but doesn't practice against 18 year olds).

On the other hand, she'd tie most untrained men into knots all right. WMMA is great, I like the style and the dynamics. But pretending they're beating men is doing WMMA a disservice, and is often said by people who want to get rid of WMMA by forcing them to fight men (ie if women are competitive against men in sport, why have separate women's divisions?)

I see what you are getting at and agree that men have advantages over women when it comes to all that stuff mentioned but to think there isn't a ranked/Pro male fighter that Ronda could beat is ludicrous imo. There is bound to be a few that she can rush and Judo throw and arm-bar.

I haven't seen anyone claiming Ronda beat up men.

All Rousey does is hip toss people..cut the bullshit.

That is a dandy trick since it earned her an Olympic medal and UFC gold. Her hip toss and arm bar is all she would need to beat most untrained people.

I didn't believe it. She beat nothing but bums. Only UFC fanboys that hate boxing believed it.

There is a reason why women's and mens competition are separated.

Men are superior athletes point blank period.

I said it years ago...Rousey isn't a good fighter, she puts her head down, runs in and manhandles weaker smaller women..a women who can punch (for a girl) beats her, because she can't ragdoll a puncher

Remember when a 3rd of you thought she could beat 135 males? Rousey can't beat most men off the street unless their handicapped or horrible.

I train women I know their mentality..their like kids..if your sparring with a women and LET HER do good, she'll think she can really beat you.
hahah yah this is true

She can beat a lot of untrained males im sure but not male fighters especially above her weight. But the whole talk is nonsense anyway.

I still think she could beat most male fighters, just not top shelf male fighters. Basically she could easily handle the bottom 50% of male MMA fighters, but the upper tier ones would beat her. Remember, RR is fighting the absolute best women, not mediocre fighters.

You are wrong dude. She might beat some chump with no training or almost no training. Any top 50 MMA male flyweight would smoke Rousey inside a minute.

you tried to tell us bro, but we wouldn't listen. now look at this mess we're in. only your knowledge and insight into female psychology can lead us back to the light
I said it years ago...Rousey isn't a good fighter, she puts her head down, runs in and manhandles weaker smaller women..a women who can punch (for a girl) beats her, because she can't ragdoll a puncher

Remember when a 3rd of you thought she could beat 135 males? Rousey can't beat most men off the street unless their handicapped or horrible.

I train women I know their mentality..their like kids..if your sparring with a women and LET HER do good, she'll think she can really beat you.
yeah, Venus can barely handle my racket, and Serena can barely hold one of my balls yet they're supposed to be the 2 goats. They'd wreck me in a Tennis match though.

*rolls eyes away*

I still think she beats Floyd in an MMA match 8/10. Bullrush to clinch, toss, armbar.
Aside from the fact that she would not be fast enough, he could just step back and circle around her if he wanted to avoid her. He wouldn't have to though because Floyd would just knock her out with a quick jab or combo. Having watched her earlier fights she almost always get hit when trying to take her opponents down, Floyd would knock her out so easily it is not even funny.
Female boxing in mma is inferior to even amateur male boxing, what makes you think she would stand a chance vs one of the best technical boxers ever in a fight? Please, it is fucking ridiculous if you think about it objectively.

Floyd would win, literally so easily over Ronda Rousey in an mma-match.

shes bigger and stonger. weight classes are designed to protect smaller fighters.
3 inches, 20 pounds heavier, with less muscle mass, 10 times less testosterone, different gender. She is much, much weaker than him. He has a great physical advantage, hence them fighting in different gender classes.

Demetrious would have an extremely easy victory vs Ronda.

Last edited:
I would say like MAYBE 20% of Sherdog thought she could beat men. Probably not even that high

I think TS is pretty accurate. I had "debates" with guys at work last year about her fighting 125-135lb guys. A good amount of them were SJW who kept insisting women can be just as good at sports that men have always been better at.

Then i went on facebook, youtube and motherfuckers were actually serious about her beating men lol.

Only cucks and men with low testosterone would say a woman could beat them up.

She can beat men. She got bronze at the Olympics and is a former world champion in MMA. There is a big difference between professionally trained world champions and the average Joe regardless of gender. She likely can beat some low ranked 135lbs pro males as well. The average Joe with no training would have to have a significant size advantage to have a chance vs. her.
And there are average joes that could beat her as well. Any decently athletic guy that is 155lbs+ could probably just ragdoll her.

I'm glad to be able to consider myself one of the people who didn't buy into that asinine hype. But I do think your figures are a bit off.

Mayweather is a Boxer. Nunes is a Mixed Martial Artist. Strength and speed can be completely negated when you are taken to the ground where Mayweather would not know how to defend against submissions. It's not at all farfetched that Rousey could get Mayweather on the ground. Now if she was stupid and tried to stand with him for even a second she would get knocked out quickly but if she went for an early, well-timed takedown it's a winnable fight.

Is Ronda a teleporter? Like Nightcrawler from X-Men? Cause I hope you realize that in order to get Mayweather to the ground Ronda has to close the distance without getting hit. And even when she's in range to grab, she still has to deal with Mayweather's movement around the now-created pocket. And naturally he'll be jabbing quickly as he creates angles too. I guess she can try to grab the arm as he unloads, but we saw how well that worked out for her these last 2 fights against vastly inferior athletes and punchers.

And of course there's the grab itself to initiate (not finish, to INITIATE) the takedown, where not even a world-class technique is guaranteed to bring a stronger, more athletic man down. And during this entire time she needs to avoid getting hit cause all Money needs is 1. Even a hit to her body would likely bring her down.

Back