Remember when all of Sherdog said Anderson Silva couldn't lose, and he'd beat Widman?

I think he usually takes most losses well. If he is high on a guy and he loses, he handles it well unless its highly controversial and he was on the losing end. Like a lot of people in the JH-GSP fight, he didn't handle that one well. But, I dont think he was out of line there. Typically it's the he said she said play ground BS that he comes off looking silly.

40% of Sherdog thought GSP won. Dana was just mad because GSP was retiring on top and Dana saw the PPV dollars slip away. He even stole GSP's belt from the locker room and tried to prevent GSP from attending the post fight conference.

Or TJ is just so much better than everyone gave him credit for. It can't be that now can it. They said the same thing about Silva/Weidman. So I guess Silva is just not that good and is way overrated. It can't be Weidman just had his number .. can't be that.

Even if TJ was much better than everyone gave him credit for, doesn't change the fact that Barao wasn't as good as everyone was giving him credit for being.

I think he usually takes most losses well. If he is high on a guy and he loses, he handles it well unless its highly controversial and he was on the losing end. Like a lot of people in the JH-GSP fight, he didn't handle that one well. But, I dont think he was out of line there. Typically it's the he said she said play ground BS that he comes off looking silly.

I agree with you on that. When I said "uncharacteristically" I meant in general, not just post losses\controversial fights.
The GSP-Hendricks aftermath was embarrassing though lol

13% to 23% Picked Weidman...thats not even 1 out of every 4 on the high end picked him to win. And 1.3 out of 10 on the low end...you're right I was way off saying "Everyone picked Silva and then was wrong" really I should have said "All but roughly 1.5-2 out of 10 peopler were wrong, the same way Dana was wrong"

23 out of a 100, which was the latest and therefore most relevant figure, doesn't rhyme well with the unanimous pick of Anderson you ascribe to these boards. Weidman had a strong base of supporters coming into that fight, those who were around remember it.

Barao wasn't a tested and proven fighter like Anderson was though. Anderson faced better competition, he even fought a former lhw champion in Forrest. He also wrecked Vitor and Hendo who are known to be great fighters. Last but not least, Anderson was 38 when he got into the Weidman fights.
Barao was never meant to be in the same sentence with Anderson, Fedor, GSP and Jones.

Last edited:
Even if TJ was much better than everyone gave him credit for, doesn't change the fact that Barao wasn't as good as everyone was giving him credit for being.

That goes both ways. Silva was overrated and is not as good as people gave him credit for. According to your logic every dominant fighter who ever loses is simply overrated. Sheer stupidity.

Barao was beating nobodies in a division where a washed up good not great Faber was a clear no1 contender. Anderson was way more tested and he even fought a former lhw champion in Forrest. He also wrecked Vitor and Hendo who are known to be great fighters. Last but not least, Anderson was 38 when he got into the Weidman fights.
Barao was never meant to be in the same sentence with Anderson, Fedor, GSP and Jones.

MW was one of the weakest divisions during Silva's reign. Not that it has anything to do with the OP whatsoever.

That goes both ways. Silva was overrated and is not as good as people gave him credit for. According to your logic every dominant fighter who ever loses is simply overrated. Sheer stupidity.

That depends on whether you're looking at it as if he's overrated overall or if you're pinpointing a specific moment in time...since you know fighters actually decline over time and don't remain at their pinnacle forever. However, until a fighter actually loses many people will continue to rate them as if they're still in their prime. This is what causes a fighter to be overrated.

GSP was being overrated by a lot of people as they acted like he was unbeatable after he came back from his ACL surgery, but if you really were paying attention you'd notice that he was much slower and not as explosive as he had previously been before his injury.

Silva lost about 30 mins out of 35 mins of fight time against Chael Sonnen, was rocked a couple times standing in their first fight but people still acted like he was in his prime a couple years later when he fought Weidman despite being 38 years of age. At that specific time he was being overrated, but his career as a whole and his accomplishments weren't overrated.

Barao is different, he got totally outclassed while in his prime by a better fighter. I look at what happened to him like I look at what happened to JDS in JDS/Cain II.

I remember when Anderson won 16 straight fights, broke records and made professional fighters look like amateurs.

What is the point of your thread? That everyone can lose? Dana bashing? Anderson bashing? I don't get it.

No, let them play revisionist history in their minds.

I dig how insecure fat kids love to hate on Anderson :)

I dig how insecure fat kids love to hate on Anderson :)

Not sure what that has to do with anything, and this thread has nothing to do with "hating on Anderson"

It's simply "Remember when (and stats have been posted to prove this) at least 77% of sherdog was wrong after the Silva-Weidman fight, but now they all pretend they never made those claims, and act like it never happened...and shit on Dana for being wrong about Barao"

Except for the fact that no one said he couldn't lose and plenty of people had Weidman winning.

Basically no world class combat athlete keeps winning at age 38 and beyond.

Even that fine wine Bernard Hopkins got beat twice in a row by a no name called Jermaine Taylor.

The amazing thing isn't that Weidman beat Anderson when he was 38 but that Anderson won 17 straight in the UFC with many of those wins coming well in his 30s.

Only amazing thing was the hype job and protection he got. Decent fighter but was fed majority of his opponents.

Except for the fact that no one said he couldn't lose and plenty of people had Weidman winning.

Well this is just a lie. There were plenty of people claiming he would retire undefeated in the UFC. Anyone who acts like they never read this are full of shit. Even after he lost there were still posters saying that he was "technically undefeated in the UFC because it wasn't a legit loss"

Shit, there were posters after the second loss claiming neither loss was legit!

MW was one of the weakest divisions during Silva's reign. Not that it has anything to do with the OP whatsoever.

Doesn't matter, Silva beat James Irvin AND Stephan Bonnar, not to mention Leites, Lutter, and Cote. Barao has nothing on those wins.

Only amazing thing was the hype job and protection he got. Decent fighter but was fed majority of his opponents.

Protection? He has the most top ten wins of all time.

Decent fighter? Straight trolling...

I remember a third or quarter of Sherdog believing in Weidman. Check out the polls before you pull shit out of your ass TS

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/anderson-silva-vs-chris-weidman-who-wins-how-2490315/

Yes, this has been discussed, by those number the title should be "Remember when almost 78% said Weidman had no chance"

4 polls have been posted, one had 13% picking Weidman, the highest having almost 23%...not sure where your 1/3 came from...maybe you should check out the polls before you pull shit out of your ass.

Doesn't matter, Silva beat James Irvin AND Stephan Bonnar, not to mention Leites, Lutter, and Cote. Barao has nothing on those wins.
Not sure what that has to do with anything, and this thread has nothing to do with "hating on Anderson"
I love how you leave out Dan Henderson, Okami, Chael and Rich Franklin.

Take your pathetic, bitter Anderson belittling and do something useful, like cleaning up those Twinkie wrappers.

Back