1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Remember when all of Sherdog said Anderson Silva couldn't lose, and he'd beat Widman?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by RondaTateCarano**, May 27, 2014.

1. micentay Banned Banned

What's the point of this thread to bash anderson? Who wouldn't have thought anderson was gonna win he won 17 fights in a row and was looking at super fights.

Some of haters in this thread saying anderson was overrated and had favourable matches then what's the point of talking about an overrated fighter if Silva was so overrated then weidman didn't do anything but beat some random fighter to your logic right?

When people make threads like this and after reading some of the these posts it becomes clear whose a hater of a fighter.

2. TheComebackKid Banned Banned

I don't remember that at all. I remember people arguing that there were more qualified opponents for him to fight but I don't recall really anyone claiming Silva couldn't lose.

Seems like revisionist history by the ts.

3. RondaTateCarano** Banned Banned

Dude, did you even read the thread? Or just the first 2 pages? The whole point is EVERYONE IS WRONG EVEN THE BEST LOSE. So why are so many bashing Dana for being wrong, and even more are saying Barao was overrated and never that good.

After reading posts like this, it's clear who has terrible reading comprehension

4. UJustGotChaeld Steel Belt

Check the old threads, I did, and most people were saying Weidman had basically zero chance and the fight starts standing and Silva will clown him on the feet and KO him in the 2nd.

5. RondaTateCarano** Banned Banned

Maybe you just skipped those posts.

6. TheComebackKid Banned Banned

Well yeah but that's different than saying he can't lose. And plus TS said all of sherdog was saying that when in reality it was only a handful of trolls at best sarong Silva couldn't lose.

7. jiujitsuforever Banned Banned

north carolina: aka most bipolar weather on the ea
    nobody has had a aura of invincibility to me except fedor. anderson's tdd and groundgame always made me weary and his clowning, gsp already lost to hughes and serra (even if he avenged them), but fedor to me was had an aura because i saw little weaknesses, plus 10 years of dominance

8. Bargey Silver Belt

Maybe you should link some of these threads because a helluva lot of people were saying that Weidman would win. IIRC the number on various polls ranged from about 20-35% - and for a champion like Anderson, that's significant.

But forget Sherdog - look at the odds: Weidman was about +200. That's about as live a dog as you can get for a challenge to a 6 year champion.

9. Yolandabecool** Brown Belt

Anderson Silva had been hinting at being closer to a loss for about 4 years now. Nearly every interview he said he was an old man.

10. UJustGotChaeld Steel Belt

Actually the thread is about the hypocrisy of Sherdog.

11. Fedor JJ Orange Belt

No they weren't. Almost everybody except for diehard silva huggers were saying Weidman had a great chance.

12. johnsmithbattle Orange Belt

Yes, and barao was shaping up to be their next hype job. when they can't sell tickets, they are called p4p #1.

13. Fedor JJ Orange Belt

You just revise history so it can fit in your retarded narrative. What are you even trying to accomplish with this thread? You're just bashing.
    No challenger for AS had ever been given as much chance to win and respect as Weidman.

14. bryank Purple Belt

Haha... Has this topic been covered yet once or twice?

15. Jackonflame Gold Belt

Yeah, kind of how people talk about Jones and Weidman and Cain and Rousey and a couple of others.

[​IMG]

16. Bubson Bubba Purple Belt

None of the 4 polls even reached a quarter. Shut your filthy mouth and stop embarrassing yourself any further. Calling other Dumbass does not make you any more than it.

17. BigMuffler Loli is love loli is life!

It's well deserved fan bashing.

From reading Shitdog you'd think MMA has the worst fans of any sport.

18. jimmyw404 Brown Belt

Your memory is wrong. A ton of people gave Weidman a good chance to win. The odds were also fairly close.

19. edwinmaniac Blue Belt

A lot of people were saying that Weidman had a great chance to beat Anderson including many pros. But now a lot of those fans like to believe that they were the only one that picked Weidman. Its so silly. Tons of fans picked Weidman to win

20. Happiness Silver Belt

I had Weidman over Silva before he even got his title shot. I wasn't expecting Weidman to beat silva twice standing though :D