Remember the time when you said Holloway would beat Conor in a rematch?

Dustin has considerably better cardio than Conor. Lol like this is even an argument. You've seen the fights.
so does Nate.

What a lot of people don't understand about the Nate Conor fight as well Is that part of fighting a Diaz brother means you need to create distance. They are very good on the inside, at close range, up against the cage where they can land combinations or overwhelm you with pressure. Conor needed to constantly move to keep the fight at range where he's the more calculated fighter. Anyone who's sparred a bigger opponent as well knows that It will tire you out more as well. Often significantly more. Nate's size, reach, style as a boxer and ability to walk through all shots Is a tool that he has to tire Conor out.

Something that Neither Poirier or Max would have. He was able to win a 5 round fight against Nate.

This is typically the fight people use to articulate his poor cardio but as I've noted above, It's not that simple.

Conor has better timing and precision that Poirier. That's why I said "raw power". And Nate has been dropped quite a bit. He's not chinny, but he loses his legs quite often. Eddie is the same way. Props to Conor for closing it out, bud Eddie gets dropped by damn near everyone. I'd like to see his power against more lightweights, but I doubt he fights much more at all.
does he though? When has Nate ever been dropped outside of when he fought Conor, outside of Thomson I don't think ever. I'd agree though, he's very good at finding that spot on the chin which Is more than just raw power. I'd still lean towards Conor though. But who knows, Poirier has definitely Improved his punching power. There isn't too much of a sample size on Conor above 145, but I think if you can drop Nate it says a lot.

Conor battered Max and Dustin. Fact. Shertards live in an alternative reality.

Some people actually said Max is a terrible match up for Ferguson. I couldn't believe they were saying it and they were many.

Max on the contrary would've been a very easy fight for Tony.

In a 5 rounder? I'd still pick Max.

Lol, less talented.. Diaz is more formidable In the boxing realm than both of those guys. He's held his own against world champion boxers In the gym according to Amir Khan and could probably do pro boxing If he really wanted to.

<YeahOKJen>

Held his own against world champion boxers. Can't do anything to Bendo

<{outtahere}> Utter garbage just like your other posts.

<YeahOKJen>

Held his own against world champion boxers. Can't do anything to Bendo

<{outtahere}>
Almost like they're two different sports. Almost like the Bendo fight happened 6 years ago.

Fighters evolve, we know this..but for some, Nate seems exempt to this..which Is, odd to say the least.

From my experience, I never thought his boxing was all that special when he fought @ LW. Nick always seemed to be just another level ahead of him. It was the year he had off prior to the Michael Johnson fight that I think he really turned a corner. Probably just boxed and did jits the whole year.

Without a doubt his boxing has Improved leaps and bounds compared with back then and the respect he's gotten from guys like Amir Khan further reiterates that.

Stylistically, Nate is much of the same fighter..but what he's good at has continued to get better. He's also gotten bigger, stronger and what was normally a massive strength discrepancy keeping him from utilizing his jiu jitsu effectively has been far more evened out. Actually I think this is the case across the board In this post usada era.

Anyways, all that said..nothing personal but your analysis sucks.

Talk to me when Conor wins a fight.

Almost like they're two different sports. Almost like the Bendo fight happened 6 years ago.

Fighters evolve, we know this..but for some, Nate seems exempt to this..which Is, odd to say the least.

From my experience, I never thought his boxing was all that special when he fought @ LW. Nick always seemed to be just another level ahead of him. It was the year he had off prior to the Michael Johnson fight that I think he really turned a corner. Probably just boxed and did jits the whole year.

Without a doubt his boxing has Improved leaps and bounds compared with back then and the respect he's gotten from guys like Amir Khan further reiterates that.

Stylistically, Nate is much of the same fighter..but what he's good at has continued to get better. He's also gotten bigger, stronger and what was normally a massive strength discrepancy keeping him from utilizing his jiu jitsu effectively has been far more evened out. Actually I think this is the case across the board In this post usada era.

Anyways, all that said..nothing personal but your analysis sucks.

Fighters can evolve, but we have to actually see their evolution to make such claims. Nate has been inactive and we have seen zero signs of improvement. The only evidence we have of his skill in the last several years is him finding success after trying the Homer Simpson defense on Conor and gassing him out. That says absolutely nothing about how he would fare against fighters with better cardio. It must suck to be a Diaz nuthugger in 2019, knowing neither of them will likely fight ever again. It's high time you move on.

Fighters can evolve, except Nate has been so inactive we have seen zero signs of improvement. The only evidence we have of his skill is him finding success after trying the Homer Simpson defense on Conor and gassing him out. That says absolutely nothing about how he would fare against fighters with better cardio. It must suck to be a Diaz nuthugger in 2019, knowing neither of them will likely fight ever again. It's high time you move on.
I wouldn't call myself a nuthugger of Diaz. I'm just Interested In breaking things down to the best of my ability.

and what I said is pretty dead on.

you just don't know what you're talking about my man

In his last 3 fights, along with footage of him hitting pads and such, he's shown a lot..but I suppose it depends on if you have the eyes to see.

In his last 3 fights, along with footage of him hitting pads and such, he's shown a lot..but I suppose it depends on if you have the eyes to see.
When Nathan Diaz beat Michael Johnson, Ronda Rousey was still a UFC champion.

I wouldn't call myself a nuthugger of Diaz. I'm just Interested In breaking things down to the best of my ability.

and what I said is pretty dead on.

you just don't know what you're talking about my man

You're absolutely a Diaz nuthugger. Nate hasn't fought for almost 3 years and you're trying to tell us how good he is based on footage of him hitting pads. Just stop. You have no ability to break anything down because there is nothing to break down.

I used think that and I change my mind after seeing max/dustin.
Max is too hittable, lacks head movement.
Would love to see the rematch though.
Yeah. Max doesn't take hits seriously. He has become reliant on his chin.
Dustin would connect with a huge shot and Max would shrug and smile and not implement more defense.
Okay, great, you're tough. You got a chin. But fight like that against Conor - smiling and not defending - and you're getting fucked up.

Agree with mesca, the other guy is an idiot lol

You're absolutely a Diaz nuthugger. Nate hasn't fought for almost 3 years and you're trying to tell us how good he is based on footage of him hitting pads. Just stop. You have no ability to break anything down because there is nothing to break down.
Yes, I'm a nuthugger because I actually know how to analyze fighters properly and I happen to notice people who do not and call them out on It.

Sounds like a cop out to me.

People are stupid when It comes to Nate and I'm Interested In the truth. That's all It really comes down to.

I'm the anti hater more than I care about any of these guys

When Nathan Diaz beat Michael Johnson, Ronda Rousey was still a UFC champion.
That's not the point though. I'm aware he hasn't fought In 2 and a half years. I'm just articulating that his game has evolved from the point of his career that people are judging him on..fights like the Bendo fight.

Back