Remember the time when you said Holloway would beat Conor in a rematch?

Dustin has considerably better cardio than Conor. Lol like this is even an argument. You've seen the fights.

Did you? Because it was in round 1 that Dustin very nearly put Max away. What does Dustin's cardio have to do with the beating Dustin was able to put on Max in round 1 that nearly finished the fight when you said Conor needs to put Max away early and I'm pointing out Dustin nearly did that so why can't Conor?

If Max could make it past the 2nd round, I think he would finish Conor. If Conor cant put him away fast, he would probably fade and get pieced up.

I watched the fight and it was closer than most think. Connors tank may have run out in the 3rd. Had max kept throwing instead of trying the takedown, it may have been different. dustin easily rd 1, max was winning 2 until he got tagged late. He won 3 and 4 and 5 was close. 48:47
Max looked worse but closer fight than suggested

I used think that and I change my mind after seeing max/dustin.
Max is too hittable, lacks head movement.
Would love to see the rematch though.
Yeah he gets hit a lot but he survived a brutal first round against a guy with far more proven power at LW and never stopped coming so that fight in no way changes my opinion that Max would beat him now.

Did you? Because it was in round 1 that Dustin very nearly put Max away. What does Dustin's cardio have to do with the beating Dustin was able to put on Max in round 1 that nearly finished the fight when you said Conor needs to put Max away early and I'm pointing out Dustin nearly did that so why can't Conor?

I don't know what you watched but Poirier didn't come close to finishing Max. And did you watch his first fight with Conor? We've already seen him take Conor's shots.

I thought you were talking about Conor going 5 rounds with Max intitially because Max has one of the most proven chins in mma.

giphy.gif

So is Porier fighting Conor's battles for him now? Conor hasn't won a fight in over 2 years. I'm not sure he beats Amanda Nunez at this point. He's irrelevant.

Conor doesn't look to hit as hard as Dustin at 155 and doesn't have that cardio.
Dustin's cardio surprised me. I didn't think it would hold up in the championship rounds

Conor couldn't go 5 at that pace. He'd still lose to Max.

It wouldn’t matter if Max did beat Conor, as Conor’s fans would make excuses about Conor not being right.

The Max that fought Dustin Sunday beats Connie in 5 rounds.

just like people thought kevin could beat silva

Remember the last time Conor won a fight? I think it was 2 and a half years ago...

YEah.

I'm willing to bet any of these noobs that Conor wins again.

And I didn't need to see the Dustin fight. Stylistiically Conor is just too solid and in control for most fighters on the feet.

Dustin could handily beat Conor; Max could beat him in a tough battle.

Not sure why this is made out to be absurd- Conor got finished twice in MMA and once in boxing. It's not like he has looked unbeatable or anything.
Conor is a better boxer / striker than anything either of them have shown by far. Moving up 2 weights and fighting Nate at 170 throughout 5 rounds Is an Infinitely tougher stylistic test than either Poirier or Max would present. Any opinion other than this is just poor / sloppy analysis.

At the same time though, It all depends which Conor shows up. Whether he has the fire that he once did remains to be seen. Assuming he's on his A game though, stylistically neither Poirier or Max touches him.

Lol, less talented.. Diaz is more formidable In the boxing realm than both of those guys. He's held his own against world champion boxers In the gym according to Amir Khan and could probably do pro boxing If he really wanted to.

add that with 2nd degree black belt level jiu jitsu, size, length, reach, an Iron chin, warrior spirit and elite cardio. Seems his skillset doesn't really match up with the average opinion about him.

Nate would beat both Poirier and Max.

Poirier has much more raw power at 155 than Conor does.
Conor dropped Nate multiple times at 170. Poirier is definitely Improved his punching power and I don't think Conor is some monstrous one hitter quitter like people think he is..but, I'd lean towards Conor here based on the evidence.

Outside of Khabib and Floyd, Conor has dropped every single opponent he's ever fought.

Conor dropped Nate multiple times at 170. Poirier is definitely Improved his punching power and I don't think Conor is some monstrous one hitter quitter like people think he is..but, I'd lean towards Conor here based on the evidence.

Outside of Khabib and Floyd, Conor has dropped every single opponent he's ever fought.

Conor has better timing and precision that Poirier. That's why I said "raw power". And Nate has been dropped quite a bit. He's not chinny, but he loses his legs quite often. Eddie is the same way. Props to Conor for closing it out, bud Eddie gets dropped by damn near everyone. I'd like to see his power against more lightweights, but I doubt he fights much more at all.

Back