Religion Fact or Fiction?

Notice how religion is most prevalent in poor countries

China has the right idea:)

Religion is most prevalent in poor countries because they still have some decency and aren't obsessed with material things. The bible clearly states that the rich who are unjust in aquiring their wealth are not holy people. We like to think we are so smart and advanced and beyond such things as religion. Well take a long look at whats goes on around us. I'd rather see less nice cars and better people.

I've been through way too many lit courses at school to have not contemplated whether God was real or not. The fact is that if you never see / speak to him, then he doesn't exist to you.

My advice to you: if you're afraid of going to hell, then make one prayer saying you believe and repenting your sins. That's all god requires...isn't that a bitch? HAHAHAHA!
Catholicism is worthless except to the money-grubbing church. Try and guess how much of the land in England the church has owned since the 13th century?
That's why Milton and Chaucer came along to lyrically poo on them.

HEY HEY
I don't know about you guys!! but if the plane is going down I'm gonna squeeze one off or rape a chick!! What is a better way to go?

Notice I and vod have halos above our heads for that last thread...

Watch it with that sharps.... You definatly should edit that.

What do think of my fourth reason? That one really gets me. My sisters friend told me that it does not matter who are how good or how nice of a person you are, if you don't accept Jesus into your heart, than you will go 2 hell. Why is that.

This one is easy. Jesus himself says the three virtues any true Christian possesses are Faith, Hope and Love. He specifically says Love is the greatest of the 3. So there it is, from the man himself. Love, or the intent, is more important that the ritual or the details.

Personally, I liken myself to Ranger and Jake's POV. I believe in God, but religions are man made. They are fallible. Ragging on God for what a priest has done is sort of like saying Igor is a crap fighter because one of his fans got punched out by Matsui. ;)

Ops my fault ,I posted it to healingfoot.I had to overlook sth.

Originally posted by Red Dragon
Religion is most prevalent in poor countries because they still have some decency and aren't obsessed with material things. The bible clearly states that the rich who are unjust in aquiring their wealth are not holy people. We like to think we are so smart and advanced and beyond such things as religion. Well take a long look at whats goes on around us. I'd rather see less nice cars and better people.

you mean communism cause that is what you are adovacating rather than blind faith

Ajax thank you. Healing foot,,,,the bible says that God will reveal himself to everyone on the earth. I have had this discussion too. It's weird..............will God spare you if you have NEVER heard his world? I don't know. The Bible says the ONLY way to heaven is through Christ. I really don't know. You do not have to be perfect to be a Christian. We are not perfect, we are just forgiven. Jesus died on the cross for everyone's sins. If we try to be perfect and think that will please God, we will all fail. Just have faith. A PRIEST CANNOT FORGIVE SINS. Only Christ can. Catholics have some weird things going on. Ask Christ into your heart, and live to please him. Not to be perfect, but JUST TRY TO PLEASE HIM. [email protected] please email me if anyone has questions. Again, I am not a radical and I won't try to "save you from hell". I will tell you what I know though. Now is the time guys...I am telling you. Now is the time.

Back