Religion Fact or Fiction?

The best is the idea that some of these people have that being a 25 year old clown they have unlocked some great secret and can enlighten everyone that there really is nothing more than what you see. Religion is not a choice. Its not something that you decide is true or not. You can ignore it or berate it or whatever you like. But in the end you will pay. Free will doesn't come cheap. An animal is imcapable of good or evil. Man on the other hand can think and has actions. And those actions have good or bad consequences. It's just a shame that with some many non believers dead already, having wasted their lives thinking they were the highest being in existence....more and more sprout right up to take their place.

You are all wrong. As one of the last surviving members of the Branch Dividian Cult, I firmly believe that The Holy Son of God was David Koresh. Anybody wanna strum a guitar and let me bang their daughters and wives? Anybody? Come on guys...

Wow, these are some interesting post. I don't understand a lot about religion, although I should. Being that it was pounded into my head for 16 years. But that does not mean I don't have a right 2 question it. I like the fact that some of you are writing what I was unable 2 write, I had a hard time writing them for lack of better wording and such. You people are definatly making my brain move around in its case. I have read every post so far. A lot of you are believers in GOD, but not religion, and you back it up with your thoughts on it. This thread has gone further than I had hoped. I am pleased, thank you for replying everybody. I hope there is more coming. I also like the fact that as I read the posts you people writing the posts are doing a good job of making me try and see it from your point of view, I apologize again for my stupid little skit thing at the bottom of my post in the beginning, a wont edit it though. Its just that some of these hard core people are relentless. I don't want them 2 try and sell God 2 me, I would much rather have a conversation about it like this thread.

A-JAX

What do think of my fourth reason? That one really gets me. My sisters friend told me that it does not matter who are how good or how nice of a person you are, if you don't accept Jesus into your heart, than you will go 2 hell. Why is that. It is unfair 2 those who have never been exposed enough or barley even know what Jesus is. What if they just don't know? What if they helped millions of people make better lives for themselves? What if they lived and worked 2 serve and help others? But if they don't believe in God, they go 2 hell? That seems wrong. Can you help me understand this? ( I am not mocking you at all or anything, I would like an opinion on it if you can get around 2 it).

Originally posted by HealingFoot
A-JAX

What do think of my fourth reason? That one really gets me. My sisters friend told me that it does not matter who are how good or how nice of a person you are, if you don't accept Jesus into your heart, than you will go 2 hell. Why is that. It is unfair 2 those who have never been exposed enough or barley even know what Jesus is. What if they just don't know? What if they helped millions of people make better lives for themselves? What if they lived and worked 2 serve and help others? But if they don't believe in God, they go 2 hell? That seems wrong. Can you help me understand this? ( I am not mocking you at all or anything, I would like an opinion on it if you can get around 2 it).
Those are some of the questions i vould never get answers to.

Foot, I don't know if you are brave or crazy for bringing this topic up, but here is my bit!

I am non religious, yet am also pro choice on pretty much everything, therefore, I couldn't care if people worship God, Allah, Buddha, that elephant with 6 arms or Rickson, more power to them.

What I don't agree with is people trying to enforce their beliefs on everyone else as if they are right and the rest of the world is wrong.
We are all different, lets embrace it and not try and make evryone the same.

And, no I don't celebrate Xmas or easter, my family does, but it is kind of hypocritical I think, plus I save a truckload buy not buying presents. They have both lost their meaning and have become hallmark holidays unfortuneately, and we fall in the same trap each year of buying bigger and better, seeing people we don't particularly like all for the sake of giving them something to try and make up for a year of non communication.

If you are really down with a religion, congrats, it is good for you to have something to believe in and a belief structure.
If you do not, don't despare, believe in yourself, it can be just as good. And you know that you are real

I don't like christmas. And its because it seems as if its been filthed by all the toys and crap. Nevermind, and I don't believe in forcing my opinions on others. Just writing them.

Any and all organized religion has loopholes. The main key to a persons spirituality, is faith. Not a blind, unquestioning faith, but faith that there is a higher being or consciesness(sp?) and that they are just. To believe one form of "God" over another, to me, is ludicrous. Lead a good life, set good examples, and you should have no problems if there is an afterlife. As far as I'm concerned, if some form of "God" tells me I'm going to hell because I didn't believe in the right form of "God", but led a good life, then that "God" can kiss my ass.

Originally posted by Tiki
Any and all organized religion has loopholes. The main key to a persons spirituality, is faith. Not a blind, unquestioning faith, but faith that there is a higher being or consciesness(sp?) and that they are just. To believe one form of "God" over another, to me, is ludicrous. Lead a good life, set good examples, and you should have no problems if there is an afterlife. As far as I'm concerned, if some form of "God" tells me I'm going to hell because I didn't believe in the right form of "God", but led a good life, then that "God" can kiss my ass.

My thoughts exactly bro.

LMAO.......only thing is, when I said that to my wife, she gave me the meanest left hook she ever has, and denied me sex for 2 weeks. Thank god(no pun...lol) she got over it, and I have succesfully brainwashed her to my way of thinking....BWAHAHAHAHHA, ah, erm....hehehehe

Convert as many as possible! Turn them to the Sherdog way.
We will own this town one day and it'll be our turn to make the rules!

You know, I have actually just recently converted to a new religion. A good friend of mine created what he has termed, "Bhuddarism". It's a very demanding, albeit enlightening religion based around a series of twelve extremely insightful tenets. He's still working on them, as to ascend towards enlightenment you must begin at the first, and study it until finding the key to the next tenet. From there on, you continue until you reach the Sacred Twelth, which is to simple forget the previous eleven.

Contributions would be welcomed.

Religion is the number one cause of more wars than any other issue. I believe in Christ and God, but I'm convinced that there are too many fanatics out there.

My solution?

There should be a police state where religion is outlawed, this flawed democracy system scrapped, replaced under the rule of a benevolent dictator (if there is such a thing) and the people led into a better life. One leader, a people united, no religion.

United under common principles, a desire to raise the quality of life, to eliminate poverty, famine, homelessness, raise the standard of living for all.

Imagine one country where people could come and go but if you were religious you were deported or expelled (not shot or burned or hanged...). That would allow that anyone that wanted to live in a society where you chose to give up religion to follow your heart and principles common to people everywhere without fear of persecution.

Just bouncing around ideas here....

PS: I follow the Sith religion.

- The Jake

That sounds a little out in the blue Jake, but it sounds nice i'll admit. It would most likley not happen I would think...well, yeah. I don't know. If it were so, what a great place it would be.

Um...I thought Jake was joking....

You guys really want to live in a dictatorship? Maybe we don't like religion, but I'm all for freedom of thought, and if you're not, you're fucking crazy.... :rolleyes:

Back