Release date announced for film about Colorado “Killdozer”

Lord Coke

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I wasn't really sure whether to post this here or in Mayberry. I am excited to see this documentary., Marvin is someone I respect a great deal. He got screwed over by the government more than most men and said enough is enough. At the end of the day he didn't kill anyone and every building he dozed was owned by someone who had legitimately wronged him via their influence with the local government. I can't wait to see it. What is the forum's opinion of Marvin?

https://www.outtherecolorado.com/re...eryHyCKwG7p175ZIidliMheeJdKCOXvmevfqKLuhCX9KM

In 2004, a man named Marvin Heemeyer wreaked havoc on the streets of Granby, Colorado in an armored bulldozer that would be dubbed the “Killdozer.” More than fifteen years later, a documentary about the incident is set to be released.

Titled “Tread,” the documentary tells the story of a man pushed to his breaking point that uses his welding skills to fortify a bulldozer with the goal of crushing those that he believes to have wronged him. Thus far, the film has been met with favorable reviews – 7.4/10 on IMDB. It features a number of real news clips, reenactments, and interviews.

RELATED: Read more about the Killdozer story here
Powered by an independent film distributer called Gravitas Ventures, the movie is set to hit select theaters on February 21 shortly followed by a February 28 video-on-demand release. See the trailer below:

If you’re interested in learning more about the Colorado Killdozer, one great resource is Patrick F. Brower’s book on the subject titled “Killdozer: The True Story of the Colorado Bulldozer Rampage.” Find it here.

Last edited:
That bulldozer was a real piece of work lol

It's a wild story

Looks interesting...don't think I've ever heard of this story before.

Reading through the YouTube comments, it seems like a lot of people think this movie is going to be a hit piece on him.

Marvin Heemeyer was a true American hero. Hopefully the movie does him justice.

Seems like it could be a very cool story with a little 47 Ronin "wait to get back at the ones that fucked you over" mixed in. He was very justified in disliking the local government. But....

@Paradigm I think you're right about it being a hit-piece. They're going to emphasis the "I do God's will" part, instead of "the government cheated me out of everything" part. Maybe even make him racist / sexist.

I personally think he's an example of an individual pushed too far by a group that knows they can get away with it. Poor bastard.
killdozer_footage_fb.jpg

I wasn't really sure whether to post this here or in Mayberry. I am excited to see this documentary., Marvin is someone I respect a great deal. He got screwed over by the government more than most men and said enough is enough. At the end of the day he didn't kill anyone and every building he dozed was owned by someone who had legitimately wronged him via their influence with the local government. I can't wait to see it. What is the forum's opinion of Marvin?

https://www.outtherecolorado.com/re...eryHyCKwG7p175ZIidliMheeJdKCOXvmevfqKLuhCX9KM

This is my favorite story of all time. This was an old Western movie brought into the modern day

If anyone ever does this again, re-enforce your God damn radiator. Build a secondary, and third backup to cool the engine. You would be unstoppable until you ran out of gas.

If anyone ever does this again, re-enforce your God damn radiator. Build a secondary, and third backup to cool the engine. You would be unstoppable until you ran out of gas.

Nah.. they’ll just call in an Abrams at that point or an Apache and that’ll be the end of that.

Btw.. is this streaming or in theaters..?

Nah.. they’ll just call in an Abrams at that point or an Apache and that’ll be the end of that.

that was actually something they were thinking about doing calling in the national guard with a Apache but then the governor decided against it.

Eff yes!!!

Been waiting for this a long time. A made for TV movie was supposed to be made for this a decade ago but it fizzled out.

I’m curious who the writers/directors will side with. Marv or the government.

He had the Boogaloo in him.

Killdozer... kill... dozer.

ATTENTION Mods!!! Can I change my user name to killdozer please?

Nah fuck that. He demolished the mayor’s house.
Yes, insurance will fix it, but anybody who comes and smashes your home while you and the rest of the town is watching is equivalent to smacking you in the face with his dick.

Eh . Whole thing was pointless. Not like any of that wasn't insured

If that is really his own recorded voice giving the narration, then he sounds insane and should not be glorified at all. Do people really consider this guy some sort of hero? If so, why?

Might just check this one out.

There is no doubt in my mind that this man was on what can be called a "suicide mission".

He didn't kill anyone. Infact, he didn't have to.

He made his point, took his own life, and the world continued onward. Poetry.

Electricity saved them back in the 70s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back