Regis Prograis vs Josh Taylor, October 26th, O2 Arena

We’ve got a few cards this weekend, but this is the best fight, for sure.

I’ll be picking Taylor, but Prograis is a huge threat, and could very well spoil. The rest of the card....meh. I kind of think they shouldn’t let Price in the ring anymore, fella’s done.

david price is a glutton for punishment. I’ve no doubt he’ll be comfortably winning the fight until he gets knocked out. His path to victory is Tyson fury’s fights with chisora. No way he can do that for 12 rounds

david price is a glutton for punishment. I’ve no doubt he’ll be comfortably winning the fight until he gets knocked out. His path to victory is Tyson fury’s fights with chisora. No way he can do that for 12 rounds
Would have rather have seen Usyk v Price instead imo. Casuals still would have gotten to enjoy a big KO for Chisora either way and Usyk would have had a tougher test, but oh well.

Damn, going to a wrestling event in Stevenage on Saturday, so hopefully I still manage to catch the main event. I'm really looking forward to this fight.

Damn, going to a wrestling event in Stevenage on Saturday, so hopefully I still manage to catch the main event. I'm really looking forward to this fight.

urgh wrestling
Urgh Stevenage
Knock it on the head dude!

urgh wrestling
Urgh Stevenage
Knock it on the head dude!
I think the plan is, watch UFC Singapore, go to the event, and hopefully catch the last of the boxing. Is Stevenage that bad? lol never been.

Looks pretty close and exciting according to you, gentlemen. I doubt I can catch it live, which kind of sucks.

I think the plan is, watch UFC Singapore, go to the event, and hopefully catch the last of the boxing. Is Stevenage that bad? lol never been.

tbh I’ve never been to Stevenage

can’t fckin stand wrestling

upload_2019-10-23_19-23-44.gif

I like Taylor for this one, too slick. Regis has good power in that left so could turn the fight at anytime however. Anyone else notice Regis throws his left straight a funny way? Kind of like he swats with it. Generates power nevertheless.

should be. Big fan of Taylor and love a bit of Del Boy. Just wish it wasn’t price he was fighting
Why don't you like the Chisora vs Price matchup?

I think that's a banger. Cannot wait for that fight

Why don't you like the Chisora vs Price matchup?

I think that's a banger. Cannot wait for that fight

I don’t really want to see price in a bad way again. I respect the guy but I just see this fight ending badly for him. As I said earlier he’ll be comfortably winning the fight until hes knocked out.
as a fan of chisora I’d prefer to see him in with better competition as well.

I like Taylor for this one, too slick. Regis has good power in that left so could turn the fight at anytime however. Anyone else notice Regis throws his left straight a funny way? Kind of like he swats with it. Generates power nevertheless.

I have noticed that too! The way he throws it leaves him a bit open to be countered as well.

Taylor is the more conventional boxer and has the better jab. Prograis can box and has shown that he's not all that easy to hit, though. He's also likely the better puncher with the more potent offense. It's a great fight and tough to call. Both guys are generally a joy to watch, so I'm expecting one of the better fights of the year.

I like the way Taylor boxes more

I also think his size can be a factor

This is as close to a 50/50 we'll see for awhile at this high of a level

I turned into even more of a 'like' whore than usually itt, some really insightful posts. Honestly a solid, knowledgeable thread. I'll proceed to ruin it now. Us hardcores know this is a great match up. I have been back and forth on Prograis being really something special or not. After all this back and forth I started to believe Regis was legit, but so is Taylor. Fuck!

From a betting prospective, I had to put money on Rougarou as a slight favorite around -155ish. I'm a big Taylor fan but this is a bit too big of a step up for him, imo. Prograis has weird angles with his offense and he's got natural heavy hitter quitter type power (not top level but he's throwing grenades in there).

Cani't wait for this shit, win or lose in regards to my bet noone cares about, this is gonna be a really fucking fun fight to watch. This should be an awesome fight, I love how the styles match up. Both prime, both exciting. Fuck I can't wait!

I don't understand how you can call Taylor slick when Regis clearly has the superior head movement, feints and defense.

I would argue Regis is the superior boxer, he does more little things than Taylor, which shows a better understanding of boxing.

Taylor doesn't know how to cloak his offense in with his defensive movement like Regis, only the elite can do that.

I don't understand how you can call Taylor slick when Regis clearly has the superior head movement, feints and defense.

I would argue Regis is the superior boxer, he does more little things than Taylor, which shows a better understanding of boxing.

Taylor doesn't know how to cloak his offense in with his defensive movement like Regis, only the elite can do that.
Huh, go look at juobert and Davies ko's. They are literally both Kos in the form of your last paragraph.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back