Regis Prograis vs Josh Taylor, October 26th, O2 Arena

@Seano is anti 10-10 rounds.
So I would guess no.
I have a bad habit of using 10-10 as a cop out so i don't have to actually make a choice

He's probably right to be down on even rounds

I have a bad habit of using 10-10 as a cop out so i don't have to actually make a choice

He's probably right to be down on even rounds
10-10 rounds are absurd and shouldn't be allowed at all.
I personally feel like a judge's job is nothing more than to make a decision. I also don't believe its possible for a round to be 100% even, unless both fighters literally don't come out of their corner for 3 minutes. One guy has to be doing SOMETHING more. There's no way the 4 criteria can be all even for 3 minutes.

Even rounds were more common at one point and it was bad for the sport and fighters. Imagine how fans today would react to Antuofermo/Hagler 1 when they found out 1 judge scored more rounds even than not? People think decisions are controversial now? Start pushing 10-10s and you'd see some pissed off fans. People today think a robbery is when they scored it 115/113 and it was a draw.

/rant

Fascinating to study the scorecards a bit.

Only 4 rounds that all three judges agreed on (perhaps not surprising given how close so many rounds were - would be interesting to see some stats on what the average is).

The judge who scored it 115-113 for Taylor gave him the 12th (a round Barry McGuighan said was “a bad round” for Taylor) - without that, we would have had a draw.

Great fight and no problem with the result (or a draw) but it comes down to such fine margins...

CCA85B1D-C1FD-446E-A0B5-4689D402F117.jpeg

Only 4 rounds that all three judges agreed on (perhaps not surprising given how close so many rounds were - would be interesting to see some stats on what the average is).

Not an easy fight to score at all, and a reminder for everyone : decisions are granted based on the subjective opinions of 3 guys sitting ringside.

The judge who scored it 115-113 for Taylor gave him the 12th (a round Barry McGuighan said was “a bad round” for Taylor) - without that, we would have had a draw.

Great fight and no problem with the result (or a draw) but it comes down to such fine margins...

View attachment 668421
wow. i thought taylor won it quite comfortably. it's ridiculous how close we were to a draw.

View attachment 668421
I think these judges are fucking terrible

12th to Taylor is insane

Calling it a draw is insane

Taylor won this fight but jesus christ

How does everyone see Mikey Garcia vs Josh Taylor playing out? Does Mikey box the shit out of Taylor or would the size of the WBSS winner give Mikey flashbacks from the Spence fight?

How does everyone see Mikey Garcia vs Josh Taylor playing out? Does Mikey box the shit out of Taylor or would the size of the WBSS winner give Mikey flashbacks from the Spence fight?

I think Taylor can keep going even after he gets a taste of Mikey's power. He outworks Garcia to a decision IMO.

Finally watched this, great fight, absolutely no fucking idea how some have this so close to a draw, Taylor won that all day.

Finally watched this, great fight, absolutely no fucking idea how some have this so close to a draw, Taylor won that all day.
I finally got around to watching to yesterday, too. I thought it was a clear 115-113 for Taylor so I was a bit surprised about the controversy. Great fight though. I hope the organizers can get a third season of this tournament off the ground.

Back