Regis Prograis vs Josh Taylor, October 26th, O2 Arena

Hagler

Man of wealth and taste
@Gold
Reaction score
Didn't see any discussion about this bout, even if Chisora vs Price on the undercard was already mentioned and it happens next week.

This one is for the WBA Super / IBF / WBC Diamond titles.

Prograis is quite an impressive southpaw that hasn't been taken to deep waters yet. I don't know much about Taylor but the wins he racked in 15 pro fights are pretty decent.

Thoughts ?

Prograis looks slicker and more powerful but Taylor has passed tougher tests
Great fight, I think Prograis shades it with maybe a knockdown point decider

I saw Taylor beat Baranchyk and Martin...only times I've seen him live, or at least live on tv

I honestly don't remember much...one of those cards was Innoue and the Martin fight was supporting a Donaire bout....so this will be the first "Josh Taylor show" for me essentially

Think it's a good fight. I know what Progais brings to the table. Greatly looking forward to this clash

I’m gonna watch. I feel bad for these poor guys. I know everyone loved Chisora going off on Eddie Hearn over this being the main event but this fight deserves some attention. I don’t know much about either but I’m watching it. Hopefully it’s fun!

I've been looking forward to this one for a while. I lean slightly to Prograis at the moment but that could change. I need to rewatch their last couple fights.

I think Prograis is going to be very flashy & effective early on but as the fight progresses Taylor's superior size, strength & his punishing body attack will take over en route to a late-round stoppage win for the Scottish lad.

I think Prograis is going to be very flashy & effective early on but as the fight progresses Taylor's superior size, strength & his punishing body attack will take over en route to a late-round stoppage win for the Scottish lad.

Prograis has really good feints, boxing IQ and power for his size, I don't think Taylor has seen anybody quite like him.

This has the potential of being a FOTY candidate.

I’m gonna watch. I feel bad for these poor guys. I know everyone loved Chisora going off on Eddie Hearn over this being the main event but this fight deserves some attention. I don’t know much about either but I’m watching it. Hopefully it’s fun!

The WBSS definitely hasn't gotten the attention it deserves, the Cruiserweight one they had last year that Usyk won had all the championship belts in a single tourney and ended with a undefeated undisputed champion but I feel it got little to no attention.

I keep thinking I've missed the Inoue Donaire card because there's no one talking about it.

That's on a Thursday. Nov 6 i think.

Can't wait

Thursday for a fight of that magnitude. Fucks sake

Will this be on DAZN? I'd love to be able to watch that with a decent quality video.

oh right, completely forgot about this fight. it's gonna be fun.

Can't wait for this. One of the best fights of the year.

Oh wut??? For some reason I thought Prograis pulled out if the fight/tourney.

Glad I was mistaken.

I got Taylor. I dont see the Prograis slickness some have mentioned. He has very good power (not great) and seems too one dimensional to me.

I think Taylor will use his range. Baranchyk is more aggressive than Prograis, and Taylor was able to neutralize that with the jab and clinch. Prograis might be a bit more skilled than Baranchyk, but I think he is too slow with his feet to take it to Taylor

I really wanted to see Prograis vs Baranchyk, hopefully they can still mix it up in the next couple fights.

Didn't see any discussion about this bout, even if Chisora vs Price on the undercard was already mentioned and it happens next week.

This one is for the WBA Super / IBF / WBC Diamond titles.

Prograis is quite an impressive southpaw that hasn't been taken to deep waters yet. I don't know much about Taylor but the wins he racked in 15 pro fights are pretty decent.

Thoughts ?

Ah I cant wait for this fight. Always liked Taylor as an ami but his embarassing destruction of Ohara Davis made me a big, big fan.
This is a case of a big hitter vs a slick boxer. No disrespect to Prograis as he can certainly box as well, but his power is his key to winning this fight. Taylor has great feet, speed, stamina, and picks his punches nicely. I think Taylor is possibly the most technically gifted of boxer in Britain at the moment

This is very close to a 50/50 imo, but Im leaning towards Josh, especially if Prograis doesn't get him out of there by mid rounds. Taylor has done 12 quite a few times iirc. I think the later it goes, the more it suits him

I agree that this is THE fight, but in reality Josh Taylor doesn't have much support outside of Scotland. its fckin scandalous tbh. Most tickets/ppvs sold in britain will be casuals in to see DelBoy

That's how I see it other than I think he wins on points, but I'm struggling a bit with my bias in this fight

Prograis has really good feints, boxing IQ and power for his size, I don't think Taylor has seen anybody quite like him.

This has the potential of being a FOTY candidate.

that works both ways

We’ve got a few cards this weekend, but this is the best fight, for sure.

I’ll be picking Taylor, but Prograis is a huge threat, and could very well spoil. The rest of the card....meh. I kind of think they shouldn’t let Price in the ring anymore, fella’s done.

Back