Regis Prograis vs Josh Taylor, October 26th, O2 Arena

I had a bet on under 4. Glad that is over

No offense to my British friends but is he speaking English ? I can’t understand the young man .

Okolie should beat the untested Ngabu convincingly next

No offense to my British friends but is he speaking English ? I can’t understand the young man .

do you mean Conor benn? His accent is similar to Eddie hearns.

Last edited:
Well he doesn’t seem to have the power his dad had.

The kid needs to turn his stuff over. It bugs the crap out of me to see these young fellows slapping
What bugs me about modern boxing prospects. They either want to believe they have Julian Jackson power or more common they want to believe they have RJJ handspeed. Look, he obviously influenced a new generation of boxers, but that was once in a lifetime handspeed, and just because he could throw a 3 punch combination with real conviction faster than an opponent's half hearted feel out jab could reach it's intended destination doesn't mean it was an achievable goal for any boxer out there. You can see in this day in age boxers with better fundamentals are the ones who come out on tip in the end, the ones trying to be slicker or faster than they are, trying to rely on physical variables, they get found out eventually. We need more Toneys, Tysons, Bhops, guys who UNDERSTAND the fundamentals and the rich history behind the styles they carry. Yes I lumped freak of nature Tyson in there, but he was as educated in the game as any boxer I've ever seen at his best.

I also think the ammies taint a lot of prospects, create habits they cant unemploy. I prefer a guy who eats a few more punches while setting traps and sitting down on fight ending combos than some slickster who darts around the ring trying to be too fast and score like it's the ammies.

Conor Benn doesn’t really seem to be improving. Leaves himself very open. Looks like he would struggle against a live opponent.

Conor Benn doesn’t really seem to be improving. Leaves himself very open. Looks like he would struggle against a live opponent.

So he had no amateur background?

us Londoners are pretty lazy when we speak tbh

There’s even a few regional accents over here that us natives struggle with. People from Scotland, n Ireland Liverpool and Newcastle should all be subtitled, at all times!

us Londoners are pretty lazy when we speak tbh

There’s even a few regional accents over here that us natives struggle with. People from Scotland, n Ireland Liverpool and Newcastle should all be subtitled, at all times!

Ha ha. We have folks from the Southern US that follow that mold.

Not as much as I did, I'll bet. :D I was such a huge fan that I named my only son after him. His first & middle name is Nigel Benn. He'll be turning 21 next month.

Nice! You sure have me beat.

Does he box?

Has Ngabu thrown a meaningful punch yet? If he has, I missed it.

Someone should tell this short dude that he can jab to close distance. He doesn’t have to just walk in w his hands up high.

both these guys kinda blow tbh

btw Pricey at +395 is a bit high wouldn't ya say? Chisora isn't exactly George Foreman. Might be worth it

Back