• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Recent fights/results/news from ONE Championship

I was just looking at the next ONE Friday morning card and it looks like they've signed Pakorn. I haven't seen him fight in a few years so I don't know what kind of form he's in these days, but there's a lot of fun matchup for him. Rematch with Seksan would be guaranteed bonuses for everyone.

I was just looking at the next ONE Friday morning card and it looks like they've signed Pakorn. I haven't seen him fight in a few years so I don't know what kind of form he's in these days, but there's a lot of fun matchup for him. Rematch with Seksan would be guaranteed bonuses for everyone.

He looked good (though not his best) when he fought in K1 last year, but i struggle to see him beating Rafi, who is the last person to beat him. Personally i'd like to see Pakorn rematch Soe Lin Oo who KO'd him with a headbutt in Lethwei back in 2019. Soe Linn Oo is 2-0 with 2 KO's in ONE this year.

Next Friday's card is disgustingly good.

Yyyyyyyyyyyyesssssssssss Nakrob fucken come on!!!!!!

Funny enough I was thinking Khalilov was doing a little better than i expected in the kickboxing exchanges when BOOOOOOOOOM!!! I expected him to win but by grinding Khalilov down, flatlining him wasn't on my bingo card

pumped for Nakrob, he's been one of the most entertaining OFF fighters and really deservedthat contract.

who is on next week's card mate? I haven't seen it.

oh my GOD I am just looking at it now. Oh my god. 6 days can't go quickly enough TELEPORT ME NOW SOMEONE!!!!

mY GOD.

Going up the card:

nice rematch with Pompet and Suriyanlek

Yodlekpet and Komawut- have they fought before? I love Yodlekpet but i have a feeling Komawut can shut his punching game down or at least prevent him from imposing it on him, I'd back Komawut here if i had to but, great fight

welcome back Tyson Harrison presumably he needed months to recover from the impromptu facial surgery Kulabdam performed on him, always in a great fight win or lose

I don't know Pakorn at all but Rafi Bohic is a hell of a test for anyone

Shadow is a fucken badman

Petch vs Ramazanov, yes fucken please

Suablack absolute animal I hope he knocks Nabati into the middle of July

and say no more about the top two fights on the card albeit I think Kongthoranee is stylistically up against it with Superlek big-time, welcome to One contract bro

i have been checking out some of Yodlekpet's big glove fights and i was wondering all week when he'd be back, also fantasizing about him vs Kulabdam in a battle of the sick left hands.

who is on next week's card mate? I haven't seen it.
oh my GOD I am just looking at it now. Oh my god. 6 days can't go quickly enough TELEPORT ME NOW SOMEONE!!!!

mY GOD.

Going up the card:

nice rematch with Pompet and Suriyanlek

Yodlekpet and Komawut- have they fought before? I love Yodlekpet but i have a feeling Komawut can shut his punching game down or at least prevent him from imposing it on him, I'd back Komawut here if i had to but, great fight

welcome back Tyson Harrison presumably he needed months to recover from the impromptu facial surgery Kulabdam performed on him, always in a great fight win or lose

I don't know Pakorn at all but Rafi Bohic is a hell of a test for anyone

Shadow is a fucken badman

Petch vs Ramazanov, yes fucken please

Suablack absolute animal I hope he knocks Nabati into the middle of July

and say no more about the top two fights on the card albeit I think Kongthoranee is stylistically up against it with Superlek big-time, welcome to One contract bro

My fault, it's on the 28th not the 21st. I don't think we're actually getting a card next week sadly.

separately i thought i was a good entertaining night's fights as usual from OFF last night

amongst other standout moments, Thonglampoon's comeback against Prakaypetlek was an incredible display of durability and toughness because Prak was dicing him up. I was really impressed with the sharpness of Prak's all round game, and right up until he took a couple of very hard body punches which started his decline about 20 seconds from the finish, he was well on top. great finish from Thong though

Kongklai looked defeated more by size and physicality than skill, or at least, as much so. he does seem pretty vulnerable to head shots these days which is a concern, i thought he was on a razor's edge as far as avoiding the big shots for a little while before he got stopped and when he did there was a slightl inevitable feeling to it

I thought Kongsurin looked beautiful, technically speaking. lovely neat, crisp footwork and teeps and the counter left kick to the body, a rare instance where the commentators got it spot-on as far as what was going on in the ring and how he implemented his gameplan.

separate subject, I love how humble and honest Thai fighters are, here is Nakrob's pre-fighti nterview:

“Tagir is the best foreign opponent I’ve ever faced in my career. For this fight, I will be satisfied just by winning. I’m not aiming for the finish or KO.

“I watched his last fight where he fought Yodlekpet Or Atchariya. It made me worry because, in my opinion, Yodlekpet is better than me as a fighter. He has fought against many elite opponents and has much more experience than me. But he got dominated by Tagir. By easily defeating Yodlekpet like that, it made me realize that Tagir is extremely talented.

“He has quick footwork and he can attack fast. I can’t find any weakness in him. He’s a really tough opponent.”

separately i thought i was a good entertaining night's fights as usual from OFF last night

amongst other standout moments, Thonglampoon's comeback against Prakaypetlek was an incredible display of durability and toughness because Prak was dicing him up. I was really impressed with the sharpness of Prak's all round game, and right up until he took a couple of very hard body punches which started his decline about 20 seconds from the finish, he was well on top. great finish from Thong though

Kongklai looked defeated more by size and physicality than skill, or at least, as much so. he does seem pretty vulnerable to head shots these days which is a concern, i thought he was on a razor's edge as far as avoiding the big shots for a little while before he got stopped and when he did there was a slightl inevitable feeling to it

I thought Kongsurin looked beautiful, technically speaking. lovely neat, crisp footwork and teeps and the counter left kick to the body, a rare instance where the commentators got it spot-on as far as what was going on in the ring and how he implemented his gameplan.

separate subject, I love how humble and honest Thai fighters are, here is Nakrob's pre-fighti nterview:

“Tagir is the best foreign opponent I’ve ever faced in my career. For this fight, I will be satisfied just by winning. I’m not aiming for the finish or KO.

“I watched his last fight where he fought Yodlekpet Or Atchariya. It made me worry because, in my opinion, Yodlekpet is better than me as a fighter. He has fought against many elite opponents and has much more experience than me. But he got dominated by Tagir. By easily defeating Yodlekpet like that, it made me realize that Tagir is extremely talented.

“He has quick footwork and he can attack fast. I can’t find any weakness in him. He’s a really tough opponent.”
Btw bro, just wanted to say its nice to have another kickfight fan to hang out with us here. Welcome to the cool side of Sherdog!

okay so trying to make a couple of predictions prior to the next OFF, first the Yodlekpet fight

I misremembered who Komawut was, I remembered him as Kompet, if you know what I mean. I went back and watched all of his OFF fights and tbh I wasn't that impressed. he had some pretty sympathetic scoring across the first 4 fights, he came down in weight after fighting Avatar I think (where Komawut, looked hugely, hugely muscled, almost like a parody of 'short guy on PED's) and he did look a bit better with each fight

nonetheless I think Yod should beat him handily. Komawut is that rare fighter who is actually as squat and strongly-built as Yod but i think Yod is better on most levels, better leg kicks definitely, Komawut's best work seems to be with his hands but Yod is pretty clearly the crisper heavier puncher. I think Kom's only best chance is to grind it out from the clinch with elbows tbh as from mid range i think Yod should slice him up.

i definitely think Komawut doesn't like it to the body, Panrit and Pongsiri's twin brother both had him backing off big-time with body work so i think Yod kicks the legs and body from the outside and waits for Komawut to open up with the hands, to counter him with that beautiful southpaw left hand and sneak it into the body when he can**. I also wonder if his hugely muscled upper body is deletorious to his stamina as he hasn't had a great workrate from 4.5 onwards in any of the fights I saw

actually it was only really his last fight against Yodphupa that i thought Komawut looked pretty good, perhaps he took a bit of time to adjust to the lower weight?

anyway I think Yodlekpet should tool the guy, One seem to have given Komawut chances that his talent doesn't really merit IMO albeit the Yodphupa performance was pretty good

** other than Kulabdam who in MT has a better southpaw left hand?

okay so Suablack vs Nabati

i think Nabati would be pretty much the prototype of the fighter I would design to beat Suablack, long frame, excellent movement with sharp/ heavy hands. Bit of a nightmare for Suablack, who won't be able to just lumber forward stretching out the long guard and trapping Nabati's hands to tee off on him with elbows which seems to be his preferred default.

Nabati reminds me quite a lot of Antar Kacem, who did similar jobs on Yodphupa to that done on Pongsiri by Nabati, pretty much the epitome of the euro moving style (deluxe edition: comes with some power) vs the traditional muay mat style. Suablack is probably more sparing in his striking output than the two thais just mentioned IMO, he seems to throw mostly single, hard power shots with a pretty high degree of accuracy but low in volume, hurtful when they land but perhaps not ideal against a dude who is virtually never stationary.

disclaimer here as i don't like watching the 'euro moving' style of KB and always root for the thais or classic muay mat fighters against the 'runners' so i am massively biased

I'd really love Suablack to win but i wouldn't bet on him here. I do have some grounds for optimism as i think about Avatar, eventually cornering Antar Kacem and then volleying his head clean through the ropes like an absolute boss. but then Avatar himself, whose style isn't dissimilar to Suablack, was thoroughly outmanouevred by Nabati.

sadly i don't think i will be seeing Nabati get his head kicked clean off, here.

I'm guessing this is to appease the Thai fans who booed the decision. I wouldnt mind but its happening in November? Pretty far off.

Back