Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

It wasn't exactly clear-cut but I thought Yuma Saikyo did enough to get the decision over Gonnapar. I'm baffled that K-1 didn't either, I thought they usually favored domestic guys.

Also, Tsubakihara fights are honestly a pain in the ass to watch. His last three or four fights have been razor thin and difficult to score.

It wasn't exactly clear-cut but I thought Yuma Saikyo did enough to get the decision over Gonnapar. I'm baffled that K-1 didn't either, I thought they usually favored domestic guys.

Also, Tsubakihara fights are honestly a pain in the ass to watch. His last three or four fights have been razor thin and difficult to score.

Tsubakihara is a discount Tenshin. I like the guy but he fights like a worse version of Tenshin that gets hit more, and doesn't have the same KO power.

Haven't seen Gonnapar's fight.

Tsubakihara changed his style hugely for this fight, was much more aggressive than usual, clearly swinging for the KO on Gunji

maybe because this was their 5th fight against eachother

I see a lot more upside in Sattari than I ever did in Karimian, at least he has a aesthetically pleasing style.

K-1 announced a tournament to crown a new Super Bantamweight champion at their card in Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium in February.

So far it's: Masashi Kumura, Akihiro Kaneko, Junki Sasaki, and Krush champ Riamu. Solid line-up thus far. Think they're holding out for a few foreigners before they announce the full field.

Abiral Cheetah is also in a super fight against Daiki Matsushita. Should be a fun little scrap, too.

Does anyone know where I can watch the recent K1 GPs in full? I just finished watching Noiri vs Anpo and want to watch the event in full.

Does anyone know where I can watch the recent K1 GPs in full? I just finished watching Noiri vs Anpo and want to watch the event in full.
i think they had playlists on youtube? not sure tho

Kinda hard to believe Inoue competes at bantamweight, let alone the lower weights he used to compete in.

Kinda hard to believe Inoue competes at bantamweight, let alone the lower weights he used to compete in.

Yeah boxer weight cutting could get crazy. Especially very small weight class like 108 pound that Inoue used to compete in.

Back