Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

IMG_1006-1.jpg

main event ready

I'll be getting up early to watch the whole event live. It's gonna be spicy.

Riku stepped in on late notice for Shoa Arii, and he's blowing Gentaro away. Typical Riku doing typical Riku things.

No opponent announced yet but Tenshin just entered the ring to talk about his last match. It will be taking place at RISE Eldorado in April 2022, and that confirms it will not be Takeru.

Wow.

Masahiko Suzuki destroyed Rui Ebata in round 1. Ebata got dropped, tried to get up too fast and almost fell through the ropes.

Kento vs Petch time!

Regardless of how this goes, you have to respect Kento. The man wanted to fight the best and kept asking RISE to make this fight.

The 30-29 Decision at the end <Lmaoo>

Kento was beaten by Petch so clearly that even the judges could not find enough point to give to the hometown hero.

Credit to Kento for taking the fight, but scoring like this is why Rodtang will not come to Japan to fight Tenshin.

Also I guess credit to Rise. If this is in K-1 against Noiri or Yamazaki, K-1 will just make Petch go an extra round.

Last edited by a moderator:
My god. In his final K1 fight, Kimura got knocked out by the opponent he already crushed twice. It has been the week of upsets for both MMA and Kickboxing.

Last edited by a moderator:
People in twitter are saying he missed the juice lmao
Dude gassed quickly, kinda give up in the end

People in twitter are saying he missed the juice lmao
Dude gassed quickly, kinda give up in the end

Looked like his usual self to me, he got harassed to the body with kicks from beginning to end that's what sucked his energy. People underestimate Wajima but I had him winning, probably could have won their previous fight had it not been part of a tournament where he got his legs destroyed in semi.

Looked like his usual self to me, he got harassed to the body with kicks from beginning to end that's what sucked his energy. People underestimate Wajima but I had him winning, probably could have won their previous fight had it not been part of a tournament where he got his legs destroyed in semi.
Yeah the knees were brutal
Sucks for minoru now, dude is leaving in a bad note
If he tries boxing i dont think he is going far, maybe try rizin again...

Also crazy that he defeated wajima 2 times before
Wonder how the betting odds were..

Yeah the knees were brutal
Sucks for minoru now, dude is leaving in a bad note
If he tries boxing i dont think he is going far, maybe try rizin again...

Yeah, now K-1 will probably low ball him if he tries coming back there. I mean they negotiated the final fight in his contract for like a year lol
ONE and other kickboxing promotions will also now not offer him big money, because he is coming off a loss against an opponent unknown outside of Japan (actually I would say unknown outside of K-1, does Rise fans even know who Wajima is before this win?)
His style definitely does not bode well for boxing. He is 100 attack 0 defense fight.
MMA? he will need to seriously train like a year like Ren Hiramoto is doing.

The way he lost sucks too. Fans are saying it shows the lack of heart for not getting up in the final round. (even he probably could not because his body was fucked)

Good thing he is young. Wish the best for him.

Back