Recent fights/results/news from China

Great first round, Aoqi and Petchtanong really going at it

I thought Petchtanong won the first two rounds. 3rd round maybe Aoqi. Let's see who wins...

Petchtanong should of won his fight but im not gonna act like im surprised his opponent got a hometown decision.

With Tawanchai I am surprised but not really. Over the years we've had discussions on here about what type of Thai style does well in kickboxing and I used to think it was an anuwat or Yodkhunpon type of style and then later it changed to kickers and so on but the truth is its an accumulation of things. Its hard to nail it down to one specific thing. Like the team, sparring partners, style, durability, drive, dedication, experience and of course luck to certain degree.

Tawanchai is someone we'd look at as a good fit for a kickboxing/international muaythai transition but like I said its not always that simple. He didn't look bad in there but he still has a lot to learn and we'll see where he takes it from here. Wondering now if the Onefc debut was cancelled simply because his team didn't think he was ready. If so they were right and maybe its good he's experiencing all of this. He has years of experience and has lost fights in the past so I cant see this having a big impact on him mentally.

I remember when watching his first fight against Sangmanee that he seemed to struggle with distance especially after throwing a hard left kick, but then he landed that headkick that stopped sangmanee. Check out the round at around min 09.30 and tell me what you see.

Not so sure it's something he can just "adapt to kickboxing" with time. Buakaw, Sittichai and even Petmorakot were good from their first fight.

Has there been a thai that only became succesful after "adopting"?

Tawanchai is someone we'd look at as a good fit for a kickboxing/international muaythai transition but like I said its not always that simple. He didn't look bad in there but he still has a lot to learn and we'll see where he takes it from here. Wondering now if the Onefc debut was cancelled simply because his team didn't think he was ready. If so they were right and maybe its good he's experiencing all of this. He has years of experience and has lost fights in the past so I cant see this having a big impact on him mentally.

When did he sign with ONE ?

Not so sure it's something he can just "adapt to kickboxing" with time. Buakaw, Sittichai and even Petmorakot were good from their first fight.

Has there been a thai that only became succesful after "adopting"?
Sittichais first transition fight was in a tournament against Anuwat and Fabio Pinca. Some say Fabio won that fight but sittichai looked a lot better in the rematch 3 years later. He slowly jumped into kickboxing within a camp that was consistently filled with a variety of fighting styles from all over the world and most importantly he's a hardworker. For a lot of the time and depending on who hes fighting he fights safe and plays it smart but what if I could manipulate time and reality and put Tawanchai in his place the day he signed with sitsongpeenong? Where do you think he'd be now? He's more skilled than sittichai but so many factors manipulate reality like drive and heart which are big ones. Willing to learn.

From what i saw from tawanchai in this fight and his last fight. He seems to have problems in short and mid boxing range in kickboxing. In muay thai he just ties people up at this range but in kickboxing he seems to not know what to do.
Also even in muay thai i thought he never looked comfortable fighting at a very high pace.

Back