Realistically, 2003-2008 Fedor is a better fighter than Jones

1373807211647.jpg

Fedor didn't lose a single round during that period.
Jones has lost what? 6-7 rounds? And arguably a fight against Gus too.
To make matters worse for Jones, Fedor was smaller, yet the one fighting at HW.
Jones will have to move to HW and dominate in order to surpass Fedor. It's really that simple. Prime for prime, Fedor has him beat so far.

Their resumes aren't even close; Jones' competition >>> Fedor's. In addition, it is quite clear that Jones is the far superior combatant relative to Fedor: He would out-wrestle him, out-strike him, out-JJ him, all with relative ease.

There are also several fights during that time period in which Fedor was hurt much more than we have ever seen Jones hurt in his fighting tenure. Jones has had a tough time with one fighter, a fighter better than anyone on Fedor's resume, came out on top, and you think that is some sort of argument against him? I do not even like Jones, like many people, I just do not happen to be biased. Do not be silly, sir.

lol Claude strikes again.

Hard to believe someone with an 04 join date would utter such garbage.
If you think the guy who fought Rogers and Hendon was remotely the same fighter who carried the PRIDE belt, then you can only be a hater or a troll.
Just look at pictures of the man from 2004 and 2009 and compare them physically. Next look at fights from the same periods and compare strategies. Both were total 180's.

fedor in 2004

freezed_2004-08-15%20-%20Fedor%20Emelianenko%20vs%20Ogawa%20Naoya_preview_67ANTg.jpeg

Jones would put Fedor on his back and deliver hellbows while Fedor struggled like a boy, just like vs Bigfoot.

jon_jones_e_fedor_emelianenko.jpg

Jones would be the most dangerous and complete that Fedor ever fought. I don't know that he could win outside of a miracle blitz from 10 feet away. I see Jones controlling the fight with superior grappling ability and more than adequate stand up.

It would also depend where the fight would take place, an octagon or a ring?

Fedor had bricks in his fists and was really good at landing them. DC showed Jones isnt that hard to hit and his weakness is probabally boxing. As well rounded as Jones is I think someone with good hands can show him up (like I think Gus did) and I think Cain, JDS or Fedor would too in a stand up fight.

Fedor was good off his back but head to head with Jones If Jones went wrestler mode Fedor would spend a lot of the fight there.

Im a big Fedor fan and while I see him busting Jones up standing because of the huge power difference in the hands, its hard to imagine Jones not spending a lot of time on top of him opening him up with elbows.

60/40 Fedor id say prime vs prime but scary thing is Jones might not have hit his prime. There is still time to work on that boxing and with that he would be near unstoppable.

they are both great, like someone els said different fighters from different era's to honestly claim one could beat the other for certain is foolish

Being consistent is the toughest thing to do, and Jones isn't there yet.

yeah, we all see that DQ really stunted his momentum. maybe next fight, he can----ok, I can't keep the sarcasm up for this whole post..

the saddest part of all this is your sincerity (or delusion, I haven't figured it out yet)

Who?

Coleman got 7th in the Olympics. Your wrestling/MMath fails.

He was also far more one dimensional, and 40 years old when he fought Fedor. Even older the 2nd time.

nope, not Coleman - Naoya Ogawa.

Zuluzinho, hong man, kohsaga, ogawa, goodridge, fujita, haseman, schall, nagata, goodridge, randleman, lindland and rogers were all cans. 80% of fedors wins were cans with lousy records. Nowadays more people are doing mma which means that there are more a-level fighters than there used to be.

Zulu = can
Hong Man = can
Goodridge = not can - come on!!!
Randleman = not can!!!
Lindland = not can!!!
the rest on your list are arguable - 80% this is not - forget MMAmath, go learn proper maths!

jones tkos him in 1 round. mw hendo brutally beat fedor.

where prey tell is this brutal beating of which you speak? Fedor was beating him soundly until the back of the head strikes on the ground and the stoppage for which the ref must have had 10 pairs of eyes pointing in all directions - this whole match seemed dodgy to me... feels like UFC influence on discrediting Fedor to get him cheaper.

"If Fedor even looks rocked, stop the fight for a TKO" - i can just imagine Mr. White whispering in the ref's ear!

This is hilarious.

Fedor's didn't have good defensive wrestling and he's received more damage than Jones.

Rocked badly by CroCop, rocked badly against Fujita, cut open in the opening minute against Lindland, tossed like a child by Randleman, mounted by Mark fucking Hunt, back taken against Coleman....

It's like you Fedor fanatics haven't even watched him fight. Just another blatant example of herd mentality on Sherdog.

Not hilarious at all. Have YOU ever seen Fedor fight? I've enjoyed watching Fedor's career and Jone's rise to prominence. Both are great fighters, but for me Fedor was far more entertaining in his fights - the man was a finisher. Can't say as much for Jones, very skillful but for me, i just don't enjoy his style. Can't stand his personality.

Fedor was busted open badly against CroCop and tossed on his head by Kevin Randleman.

Stop making Fedor out to be invincible.

Also, Jones didn't need the help of fighting in an organization that encourages the use of steroids.

HAHAHAHA - got to laugh about your steroid comment - how many UFC fighters busted for steroids???

I agree, your point was PRIDE encouraged it, but does it mean UFC fighters roided less? Don't think so.

Back