Realistically, 2003-2008 Fedor is a better fighter than Jones

Claude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
We have seen Jones losing rounds, get outstruck in some of them, barely winning in close controversial decisions, and taking more damage in one fight than did Fedor did in 10 years (until Bigfoot), all during his prime. Fedor had none of that during his prime years.

Fedor was simply less flawed. He was better fighter than Jones. That's just the truth.

Fight-wise, Fedor had world class MMA striking, agressiveness, grappling, subs, chin, durability and composure. Jones doesn't have the power to finish him, doesn't have the subs, and he breathes heavy after two 5 minute rounds (Pride had 10 minute 1st rounds). What is he going to do? outpoint Fedor? take him down and get himself armbarred like Vitor almost did?

:icon_lol:

Fedor has an answer to everything Jones could do, I doubt Jones could handle Fedor's striking, pace, upper body takedown, subs all mixed up together and perfectly transitioned between each other. Furthermore, we still have to see Jones man up and move up to HW and defeat some contenders before we can even compare him to the greatest ever. In all honesty i'm not even sure Jones could beat a Pride Mirko Crocop, seeing how he did against a lesser striker with lesser takedown defense in Gustaffson.

Edit: Over 50% of Jon Jones career wins were over low tier fighters, before you even go there.

Last edited:
if he was that good back then, he wouldn't have lost a round to Brett Rogers 2 years later.

I agree that Fedors the one guy that would give Jones all sorts of hell, but Jones current streak is tougher than anything Fedor ever went through.

Jones could go 10 years undefeated too if he spent every other year fighting japanese talk show hosts or whatever

Different fighters, different era, different divisions.

if he was that good back then, he wouldn't have lost a round to Brett Rogers 2 years later.

Newbie post.

2 years is a lot of time in MMA. A lot.

I agree that Fedors the one guy that would give Jones all sorts of hell, but Jones current streak is tougher than anything Fedor ever went through.

Jones could go 10 years undefeated too if he spent every other year fighting japanese talk show hosts or whatever

Funny, because the UFC's two greatest chapmions didn't remain unbeaten despite fighting low tier competition. GSP lost to Serra and Anderson Silva was outclassed by Takase and Chonan.

The test of time is the hardest of all, and that goes without mentioning Fedor fought some of the grestest HW's ever.

Fedor got tossed to the mat and had his back taken(Coleman), Randleplexed on his head, nearly knocked out by Fujita, and had plenty of bruises on his face after certain fights.

Both better, stronger and more explossive wrestlers than Jones. And you think Jones punches harder than 250 lbs Fujita? lol

Next.

Last edited:
Fedor got tossed to the mat and had his back taken(Coleman), Randleplexed on his head, nearly knocked out by Fujita, and had plenty of bruises on his face after certain fights.

I give Jones the edge due to beating slightly better opposition and in more convincing fashion.

Look at me! I hate Jon Jones - people on sherdog

Lol no....he would get wrecked so bad by Jones its not even funny

I think there was a similar thread before about prime jones beatin prime fedor easily

Being time proven for 10 year is harder that anything Jones has ever done. Trust me, if staying unbeaten was so easy GSP wouldn't have lost to Serra and Anderson Silva wouldn't have lost to Takase and Chonan.

Being consistent is the toughest thing to do, and Jones isn't there yet.

Fedor beat an olympic silver medalist wrestler at his own game (and finished him). Jones can't even finish a 4th place olympian.

Prime Fedor would've ripped Jones' arm off in the same position as Vitor.

Fact is Fedor didn't even lose a round during his prime. Jones has lost many rounds and arguably a fight against Gus. To make matters worse, he's bigger than Fedor, yet fighting smaller guys.

What do you mean? Fedor in his golden years was not considered a human.

GOAT.

Colemn & Randleman were both better and more explosive wrestlers than Jones.

Fujita punched harder than Jones ever will.

Next.

Fedor beat an olympic silver medalist wrestler at his own game (and finished him). Jones can't even finish a 4th place olympian.

Who?

Coleman got 7th in the Olympics. Your wrestling/MMath fails.

He was also far more one dimensional, and 40 years old when he fought Fedor. Even older the 2nd time.

HW is ten times weaker division than LHW. Cormier had no problems in HW and in LHW he lost pretty clearly. Now the HW division when Fedor fought was a complete joke. On top of that Fedor fought cans every other fight and had huge problems with guys like Rogers or Fujita. Finally he ran out of luck and got KO'd by a middleweight. NoW fanboys always say he was out of his prime. The hell he was. The sport just passed him by and he couldn't keep up. Remember Henderson is older than him and a MW.

Back