RDA talks extensively about mcgregor and analyze some of connie's fights

Pretty sure that Mike Tyson said that first. If Kenny Florian ever said it then Kenny is just a copycat off Mighty Mike Tyson.

EDIT: Brasil Wand beat me to it.

PLEASE People if you are going to post things people say at least know who said it.

haha, I hope your ability to detect hot stocks is better than your ability to detect a joke!

"Float like a butterfly. Sting like a bee."
- Kenny Florian

I always thought he should wait conor out and see what he is going to do. Just makin it easy for him if your just gonna aldo yourself straight away.

Seriously man? We already know what Conor does.

He throws spinning shit and left straights.... If RDA just waits he's going to get bombarded by left straights and spinning kicks. Conor lloves pressure and high attack output.

Conor isn't type of fighter who feels you out he just gets in his range right out of gate and starts unloading .

I think you have the aldo fight in your mind too much. You are thinking he's this pure counter puncher guy but he's not. There's a lots of footage on Conor besides the 13 seconds with aldo. You should rewatch his fights to get an idea how Conor actually fights.

What´s your point? I´m a fool?

Whoa there champ, not at all. Just a little uninformed is all. I mean every gym is different but unless a fighter is running his own gym (Aldo is not), the business of bringing in training partners is almost always something the coaches come up with, not the fighters. Most fighters have very little input into any of their training except for when they show up and when they leave.

Siver was actually Top 10 ranked when Conor beat him.
white2_64853.jpg

I like his mind set,

Accepting that he experienced fear is a step in the right direction,

Once you accept something you move past it.

Good approach in not getting worked up,

All of Conor's opponents have been gotten to severely so far, we'll see how RDA goes.

Just dont ever think KFlo ever said anything people quote him by,its just an inside joke in this forum.

It's not really an inside joke, Florian was publicly suspended by Fox for plagiarism.

Yes.

The karate fighter can either get TKO'd from leg kicks or get ko'd from a knee in the clinch.

Or, this embarrassing kind of shit can happen...

Dave Johnston vs Nongkhai Sor Prapasorn. Johnston knocked him down just seconds into the fight with a spinning back kick, this was just my favorite part of the fight. Johnston was a guy that couldn't deal with his clinch fighting or low kicks and still gave him a hell of a run, to a decision, where one of the judges scored it for Johnston.

Except Conor knows how to deal with low kicks, how to check them and return fire. I've seen limited work in the clinch that he's done and Conor has the kind of punching power where fighting him there is also a risk. He's shown his own Thai clinching skills (double collar thai) and knees against at least one previous opponent and unloaded several knees one after another.

"He doesn't have a vision of whats going to happen as you can clearly see." ~Conor McGregor

The fact that RDA accuses Conor's previous opponents of being too emotional and then claims that he wants to put a beating on Conor and make him pay...

He should be laser focused on taking whatever opportunity arises.

There really hasn't been that much back and forth between the two fighters, aside from the press conference i can't think of anything bar the odd twitter pic or line. People put too much stock into all of these mind games. there has been very little build up to this fight seems very low key for a fight of this magnitude, very slack from the UFC, they could have pushed this a lot more and garnered a hell of a lot more interest from casuals.

Or, this embarrassing kind of shit can happen...

Dave Johnston vs Nongkhai Sor Prapasorn. Johnston knocked him down just seconds into the fight with a spinning back kick, this was just my favorite part of the fight. Johnston was a guy that couldn't deal with his clinch fighting or low kicks and still gave him a hell of a run, to a decision, where one of the judges scored it for Johnston.

Except Conor knows how to deal with low kicks, how to check them and return fire. I've seen limited work in the clinch that he's done and Conor has the kind of punching power where fighting him there is also a risk. He's shown his own Thai clinching skills (double collar thai) and knees against at least one previous opponent and unloaded several knees one after another.
Nongkhai Sor Prapasorn clearly won that fight. The judge who scored it otherwise was an idiot.

But that is not close to Conor's style at all. You cant even compare. Conor is a boxer who uses the karate stance and throws TKD kicks.

Nongkhai Sor Prapasorn clearly won that fight. The judge who scored it otherwise was an idiot.

But that is not close to Conor's style at all. You cant even compare. Conor is a boxer who uses the karate stance and throws TKD kicks.

I never said his style was close to Conor's. The guy I quoted acted like Karate couldn't hold its own. Well, American Kickboxing is a blend of sport Karate and western boxing. Conor started fighting semi-contact Kickboxing then boxing and MMA. Since then he's also trained in TKD and Karate. My point is that Muay Thai isn't the be-all end-all, it's about the individual practitioner.

I never said his style was close to Conor's. The guy I quoted acted like Karate couldn't hold its own. Well, American Kickboxing is a blend of sport Karate and western boxing. Conor started fighting semi-contact Kickboxing then boxing and MMA. Since then he's also trained in TKD and Karate. My point is that Muay Thai isn't the be-all end-all, it's about the individual practitioner.
I agree, Karate could definitely hold its own. Give Dave Johnston a bigger space to fight in and he probably would have won.

Back